Big sky blue news tomorrow (1 Viewer)

SBT

There were a few games that were fabulous and had we won the league there there would be a number more before the end of the season. I feel differently to Birmingham than Northampton. I genuinely think that it wasn’t all Sisu fault and it definitely wasn’t ccfc fault that things failed 2 seasons ago.
I just hope this is a long term deal and we can focus on increasing the money to the team on the pitch

It’s hardly surprising we managed to generate some decent atmosphere around our first league title in 50 years. But a few decent crowds against Sunderland/Rotherham etc doesn’t take away how shit the overall experience was, and how appalling it was that we were denied the opportunity to see a title run in our own city. No number of sessions at the Roost can persuade me otherwise.

Kilclines curly mullet

Great news but weirdly will miss Birmingham
Apart from the obvious of not being in Coventry, everything about the match day experience was better in Birmingham - from the pub, walking through the houses, parking on the roads, getting a burger etc. This of course was probably helped by us having such a good season in league 1.
Maybe we can poach some of their friendly stewards also rather than the "security" stewards at the Ricoh

Nick

Administrator
It’s hardly surprising we managed to generate some decent atmosphere around our first league title in 50 years. But a few decent crowds against Sunderland/Rotherham etc doesn’t take away how shit the overall experience was, and how appalling it was that we were denied the opportunity to see a title run in our own city. No number of sessions at the Roost can persuade me otherwise.

Don't think the experience was all that bad to be honest, obviously COVID fucked us over.

Terry Gibson's perm

Great news but weirdly will miss Birmingham
Apart from the obvious of not being in Coventry, everything about the match day experience was better in Birmingham - from the pub, walking through the houses, parking on the roads, getting a burger etc. This of course was probably helped by us having such a good season in league 1.
Maybe we can poach some of their friendly stewards also rather than the "security" stewards at the Ricoh

Yep their touching up was much more gentle and well humoured.

AFCCOVENTRY

Looking at the state of their pitch they will probably be glad to be rid of us, but the local businesses will miss an extra week of money, where I used to park it was £5 and was always packed a nice little earner for somebody.

Ricoh pitch is a state as well. Wonder if there will be some agreement and we have a day on the pitch we need. Ultimately we play more games than Wasps do and will have the stadium open more often.

AOM

If we come back, I couldn't give a flying fuck if I get my exact seat or not. More than happy for somebody who hasn't been before to get a season ticket there. I'll just move back a bit.

Think Boddy said in the Middlesbrough match notes that this years club members will get priority on season tickets again next year.

Not that we're likely to sell them out though

Terry Gibson's perm

Ricoh pitch is a state as well. Wonder if there will be some agreement and we have a day on the pitch we need. Ultimately we play more games than Wasps do and will have the stadium open more often.

Did they change the pitch when we went to a non football compliant one? The Ricoh does seem to have real issues with the pitch I can’t remember if it was any god before they arrived and started ripping it up.

chiefdave

Why did some think that Simon Gilbert (not employed by Cov or Wasps) was going to be able to make an official announcement. I know he can be a bit of a prick at times but what else is he expected to do?
They were hyping it up as an announcement not Gilbert coming on for a quick update to tell us what we pretty much already knew. Could easily have been an announcement that was embargoed by the parties involved until 7:30am today,

CCFCSteve

Would be great news, especially if we stay in the championship ! Finally some certainty with the proposed longer deal as well (might help attract and retain some players)

Terry Gibson's perm

In all honesty it would be if we could get it arranged as say a present season friendly with silverware as the prize, I would imagine we'd take a good following too!

Would Brandon Mason be allowed to play or is it in his contract he can’t play against us?

I went to the first game don’t think it was a great game from memory

Magwitch1

If this Ricoh announcement is true could that mean the answer from the EU on the sisu appeal is known or are sisu selling up.

chiefdave

Deal all but agreed.
EU commission issue not a problem for Wasps now.
Official announcement tomorrow.
EFL board meeting today to ratify could happen today.
Deal is for up to 10 years with break clauses. Minimum 7 year term.
Still want to build new stadium.
So pretty much what we were already talking about. Just hope we now get the confirmation and this isn't Wasps feeding Gilbert some info to place themselves as the good guys when it all collapses, we've been there before.

Assuming it is announced the biggest issue for me is that something has been done to address the pitch issues. But just for my own curiosity I'd like to know why, having spent a couple of years in Brum because the EU commission issue was supposedly a deal breaker, it is now not an issue.

One key detail will be is it a rolling 10 year deal or are we going to be worrying about this again in a few years.

If it does come off and we are back I hope everyone can act like grown ups moving forward and we aren't treated like second class citizens with games being moved, Said before it can't be that hard for the relevant authorities to get together and ensure home games are scheduled for different weekends.

Guess if the EFL are discussing it then its just their regular board meeting and a formality, can't imagine them saying no and forcing us to stay at St Andrews!

Terry Gibson's perm

If this Ricoh announcement is true could that mean the answer from the EU on the sisu appeal is known or are sisu selling up.

Or most likely the London side have thought bloody hell this bank account is empty and the council have said we can’t give you anymore cash to build things to help you out.

Old Warwickshire lad

If you want a good pitch,you got to spend money on it. That means the initial outlay and just as important , the ongoing maintenance.
Lots of man hours and money.

Terry Gibson's perm

If you want a good pitch,you got to spend money on it. That means the initial outlay and just as important , the ongoing maintenance.
Lots of man hours and money.

They should have been able to move the pitch out of the ground so it could have got some nice sun and wind in the car park this might have been in the original plans.

torchomatic

Full house every game next season then.

Nick

Administrator
Nonsense. There are plenty of new details now that no-one else had.

I know most people on here hate the guy, but Gilbert deserves credit for reporting out a story that now has all of us talking.

I didn't listen to all of it.

What was the new detail?

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Putting aside personal matchday preferences, I don't think anyone could deny returning to the Ricoh would be good for the club. Bigger crowds, increased revenues, larger budget, more chance of establishing ourselves in the Championship.

Plus if we do return on a 10 year deal, all eyes on SISU and building the new stadium...

SBT

I didn't listen to all of it.

What was the new detail?

I didn’t either, but going by this post, there was loads:

Deal all but agreed.
EU commission issue not a problem for Wasps now.
Official announcement tomorrow.
EFL board meeting today to ratify could happen today.
Deal is for up to 10 years with break clauses. Minimum 7 year term.
Still want to build new stadium.

And of course, with all respect to the ITK crew on Twitter, all this info clearly carries a lot more weight when it’s reported by someone whose job it is to report it and get it right...

Liquid Gold

They better be right that it’s being announced today or tomorrow. Feel a bit let down by this prick tease of an announcement that everything is nearly done.

Hopefully City and Wasos have signed terms and it is just about getting it ratified which will just be a formality. Will celebrate when the club announce it.

Users who are viewing this thread