Big Cyrille (1 Viewer)

MalcSB

RIP Cyrille and condolences to his family. A true legend.

Last edited:

Macca

What a shame this is. A really good centre forward. Didn't score prolifically for us but his sheer presence was awesome creating many goals for others

oucho

Big Cyril passed away last night. Aged just 59.

The passing of a City legend.
RIP. Met him at Leeds away once, seemed like a nice fellow as well as obviously being a club ledge. Sad times.

Sky Blue Harry H

RIP Big Cyrille. Same age as me, similar type of player to me, except he was better in every aspect! Puts a 1-0 defeat as being catastrophic into context.
Also, at the time we had Cyrille, I always thought at the time we had picked him up at the 'end' of his career - whereas he was still in his prime at the time of the FA Cup final. Great player, seemed a lovely bloke (met him once) - god bless him and his family.

CJ_covblaze

Just said on Sky Sports News it was a heart attack.

Bumberclart

Genuinely gutted. Spent the late 80s and early 90's travelling the country watching City, so I'm proud to say I saw him in his pomp.
Rest in peace, you giant of a man.

skybluesam66

Hero of mine
What a player
loved him at WBA - adored him when he played for us - absolute legend

The first departure from 87
He would have been worth £80 m today

Mucca Mad Boys

Man, this news shocked me, RIP for the big legend. I was glad I got to see him and the other '87 legends play just once, albeit at Mickey Gynn's Testimonial game!

Sub

PM1000313-Medium.jpg

Esoterica

Shocking. A proper legend and pioneer. Was the kind of guy I expected to go on forever and still look ripped at 90. RIP.

I know it sounds pedantic and irrelevant in the grand scheme of things but can we get his name corrected in the thread title? Seems sad to have such a lovely outpouring while we can't even get his name right.

tigersb

RIP big man
You are and always will be a legend

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
So sad, this guy gave us so many joyous moments to remember. Rest In Peace Big C, wag that finger and arms are you race on upwards sir.

Bugsy

RIP BIG CYRILLE REGIS...PUSB

Attachments

• 30_goals_from_Cyrille_Regis_for_Coventry_City.gif
    30_goals_from_Cyrille_Regis_for_Coventry_City.gif
    1.4 MB · Views: 17

Calista

Feeling shocked and quite distraught about this. What a great man and a uniquely talented player who gave us some unforgettable times.

RIP Cyrille and thanks for everything.

richnrg

i'm at work re-living some of his goals and greatest moments in my head with a tear in my eye.

ecky

RIP Big Cyrille and massive respect
You brought great times to the club when you played and I remember some great goals and some great games at highfield road

So sad to hear of your passing at such a young age

Users who are viewing this thread