Bidwell (1 Viewer)

Skyblue54

Would it not be worth swapping bidwell and doyle?...the latter younger..more energetic get up the line..bidwell stronger able to handle himself more central?...just a thought??..

CovBrummie94

Would it not be worth swapping bidwell and doyle?...the latter younger..more energetic get up the line..bidwell stronger able to handle himself more central?...just a thought??..
Have you seen Doyle? He has about as much pace as McFadzean. Would be useless at WB.

long way home

Issue with Bidwell is not his ability to play or defend its he is not athletic enough to play wing back. He tends to sit deep which gives us no out ball and forces the ball sideways or backwards. For the system we play to work well the 2 wide players have to bomb on and play in the opposition half a high percentage of the game. We dont do that we sit and find it hard to get the ball forward, with COH out the side its magnified even more as the link is not there.

If i was MR id drop Mcfazden, bring Bidwell into a back 3 and give Burroughs a go at LWB. We need the out ball, we need legs in wide areas. But we know MR he is stubborn at times so id expect nothing to change and Mcfazden to keep getting bullied and Bidwell to keep being solid without being effective in a position the team need production in fwd areas.

Grendel

Issue with Bidwell is not his ability to play or defend its he is not athletic enough to play wing back. He tends to sit deep which gives us no out ball and forces the ball sideways or backwards. For the system we play to work well the 2 wide players have to bomb on and play in the opposition half a high percentage of the game. We dont do that we sit and find it hard to get the ball forward, with COH out the side its magnified even more as the link is not there.

If i was MR id drop Mcfazden, bring Bidwell into a back 3 and give Burroughs a go at LWB. We need the out ball, we need legs in wide areas. But we know MR he is stubborn at times so id expect nothing to change and Mcfazden to keep getting bullied and Bidwell to keep being solid without being effective in a position the team need production in fwd areas.

He was the best LWB on assists in tbd championship with Swansea for assists wasnt he? He is more capable than Dabo in going up and down the line for 90 minutes

Hertsccfc

This is like Sheaf when he first arrived. Have I missed it or was he caught smiling at the wrong time? I think he has been our best player so far this season and was fine last season after a slow start. He does get forward and has defended better than anyone else so far. Seems strange target for criticism, as I say very similar to Sheaf.

TomRad85

This is like Sheaf when he first arrived. Have I missed it or was he caught smiling at the wrong time? I think he has been our best player so far this season and was fine last season after a slow start. He does get forward and has defended better than anyone else so far. Seems strange target for criticism, as I say very similar to Sheaf.
It's very similar, the fans always need someone they can hate on but bizarrely it's not even usually a bad player. They get targeted by a couple of idiots, the sheep mentality builds on social media and the poor fucker is done for. All while players that are actually playing shite continue to get praise.
Our fans, on the whole, are fucking morons.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

pusbccfc

Very unfashionable player. A bit like Chris Stokes. Looks painfully slow but as mentioned above, can beat a man better than Dabo.

His crossing can be good but there are too many times he cocks up in good positions. The one against Preston the other week with minutes to go was dreadful. Straight at the man.

Probably our best player so far this year. Really glad about it as he was being hammered last season for his poor performances.

pusbccfc

We don't need to make drastic changes like putting Bidwell at centre half and Burroughs at LWB.

fernandopartridge

How to say nothing accurate but in lots of words, genuinely don't know what you are talking about

Frostie

It's bizarre, people just have a preconception about certain players then try & make it fit despite all the evidence being to the contrary.

48% of all our Attacks last night were down Bidwell's side.

His Heatmap shows majority of his touches were in the final third.

His average position has him as one of our furthest forward players over the course of the game, with his average position actually being in the opposition half.

Exactly what you want from a wingback...

Screenshot_20220915-151143.png
Screenshot_20220915-151110.png
Screenshot_20220915-151209.png

Brighton Sky Blue

He’s been exactly what nobody else in defence or goal, except perhaps Doyle, has been which is consistently reliable.

andrew.roberts

Bit of a pit bull too which we've been lacking in the side for a while, he's certainly not afraid to let the opposition player know he's there when he makes a tackle.
His positional sense going forward is very good too and compensates somewhat for his lack of pace.

Enviado desde mi SM-A202F mediante Tapatalk

Hod dog

its not Bidwells Fault, but he is not a LWB, he is a LB, he can defend very well as a LB, but if we intend on using Wing Backs then their is an expectation for him to beat a man and get up and down the channel, this goes for Dabo on the other side too. , we make it to easy for teams playing with them as full backs making it a flat back 5.

David O'Day

its not Bidwells Fault, but he is not a LWB, he is a LB, he can defend very well as a LB, but if we intend on using Wing Backs then their is an expectation for him to beat a man and get up and down the channel, this goes for Dabo on the other side too. , we make it to easy for teams playing with them as full backs making it a flat back 5.
did you watch the game? genuine question as that is not what happened last night

long way home

He does a job, solid enough and i don't think he lets us down. But i just think he is limited in certain areas. You can make stats to be what you want them to be like possession, shots on target, complete passes all day long. But if stats are the be all and end all we win last night, we didnt.

I dont mind Bidwell, i just see hom as a solid performer and if you have a CD whos legs are gone and is getting run around every game maybe you can put solid reliable defender in that position. And let a natural LWB at LWB.

Also its an opinion i know as much as the next man, its an opinion on what i see and what we have available. Becaus if the ref had eyes last night we sould be talking about Fadz costing us again today

Sky Blue Harry H

He does a job, solid enough and i don't think he lets us down. But i just think he is limited in certain areas. You can make stats to be what you want them to be like possession, shots on target, complete passes all day long. But if stats are the be all and end all we win last night, we didnt.

I dont mind Bidwell, i just see hom as a solid performer and if you have a CD whos legs are gone and is getting run around every game maybe you can put solid reliable defender in that position. And let a natural LWB at LWB.

Also its an opinion i know as much as the next man, its an opinion on what i see and what we have available. Becaus if the ref had eyes last night we sould be talking about Fadz costing us again today

One thing about that Fadz handball, is that it was a total fluke that it hit him there. He was making a fully committed dive to defend a potential threat. The earlier goal - yes, at fault. The 'handball' would have been unfortunate.

Last edited:

long way home

How to say nothing accurate but in lots of words, genuinely don't know what you are talking about

You say post has nothing accurate. Ok so you your alternative is,

We don't miss O hare.
Mcfazden looks like a spring chicken
Bidwell is an absolute athlete.
And MR is the most flexible manager when it comes to shape, system and being proactive to try to change the game.. subs ..

Im so glad i have an individual opinion that differs from yours constantly, trust me it makes me feel ok for this to be the case I don't claim to be right, just watch and post observation and opinion.

long way home

One thing about that Fadz handball, is that it was a total fluke that it hot him there. He was making a fully committed dive to defend a potential threat. The earlier goal - yes, at fault. The 'handball' would have been unfortunate.

It would of been more than unfortunate if ref had of given it. Im sorry his legs are gone, if people cant see it i cant help that. He is a liability and will cost us again, when Moore did the same he sat, if we had alternates im sure he would be next to Moore on game days.

Nick

Administrator
Yeah people said that about Kane but he still got more assists than dabos city career.

long way home

Dabo doesn't look fully fit to me, looks a bit flat. He coasts for 45 mins and normally improves 2nd half. Which means he is not fit or he is cheating by just doing enough at certain points of the game, to make sure he has legs for 90mins in him.

Last edited:

Grendel

He has excellent stats as a LWB

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

He's a solid performer and has taken far more flack than he's deserved. I'm really pleased he's playing well and if everyone in the team was as much of a steady eddie as him regardless of ability then we would be in a much better place.

Finham

Bidwell's our best defender now, most consistent, reliable and as the kids say "at the level". He's the least of our worries, but this deciding you don't like a player, then giving him hell, has gone on for years before social media existed. However, I think most fans can see that Bidwell is quality and not an issue right now when the rest of the defence is. Blame the twat Leamington captain for slagging him off online after our pre-season friendly!

Dabo was absolutely terrible first half but good in the second last night. He's not only incredibly inconsistent within games but hasn't really hit decent form in some time-which is a real shame as when good, he does offer a lot. But Kane is more reliable without losing too much in terms of creativity so I would welcome him back into the side when fit.

Fadz is clearly very much past it but the problem is we don't really have anyone else unless we start blooding U23's., especially if Rose-who is also subpar-is out for a while. Would any of the free agent's help? Not if they are the same age or older than Fadz, no, as you just risk the same issues of a player who legs have gone. If we can get someone 30 or under with lots of Championship experience, definitely.

long way home

In the last 48 games for us and Swansea he has scored 2 both for Swansea and in those games has 2 assists 1 for each club. That's is his last 48 games played. Now as a 27 year old he played 42 games 1 goal 8 assists for Swansea in one season.

So if we want to use stats and say they matter and are all important, then last 48 games mean something. In my opinion, what he did at 27 for another club means as much as a fart in a hurricane today. I think he is limited in this position, not a bad player but an older player who doesn't do what he did, but is by far our most solid performer at this minute. And im not slagging him or saying he is the problem, i just posted he could be the solution if he is moved across.

Last edited:

Grendel

In the last 48 games for us and Swansea he has scored 2 both for Swansea and in those games has 2 assists 1 for each club. That's is his last 48 games played. Now as a 27 year old he played 42 games 1 goal 8 assists for Swansea in one season.

So if we want to use stats and say they matter and are all important, then last 48 games mean something. In my opinion, what he did at 27 for another club means as much as a fart in a hurricane to today. I think he is limited in this position, not a bad player but an older player who doesn't do what he did.

🤡

Users who are viewing this thread