Bidwell (2 Viewers)

PVA

Maatsen seems to have kicked on again this season 1 goal 4 assists. He will be a good player.

Maatsen will go on to be a far superior player than Bidwell.

Bidwell has been really good this year, but Maatsen is better. Both things can be true. And that's not in any way a criticism of Bidwell.

Grendel

Maatsen will go on to be a far superior player than Bidwell.

Bidwell has been really good this year, but Maatsen is better. Both things can be true. And that's not in any way a criticism of Bidwell.

Maatsen isn’t better now and that’s kind of more relevant - also the fact he’s our player and not another loan

PVA

Maatsen isn’t better now and that’s kind of more relevant - also the fact he’s our player and not another loan

He is, that's why he got signed by, and is a regular in, the team at the top of the league.

Again, that is not a criticism of Bidwell. He's about right for our level. Maatsen is better than us, hence his move.

Grendel

He is, that's why he got signed by, and is a regular in, the team at the top of the league.

Again, that is not a criticism of Bidwell. He's about right for our level. Maatsen is better than us, hence his move.

For our team he isn’t and Bidwell is far better for the team. We’ve improved massively without him and Hyam. How many assists did he even have last season?

Grendel

Maatsen did well for us. Bidwell doing well for us

Close thread?

On another subject El Tolino is getting close to the boot again isnt he?

Jamesimus

Defensively we are much more sound having more conservative wing backs. Maatsen was great on the ball and a decent attacking outlet but very gung -ho often 50 yards ahead of where we need our wing backs to be.

Suits the current set up at Burnley as they will generally have the lion's share of possession and be pushing high up the pitch.

Hertsccfc

Possibly, but he's playing left back for Burnley. They play 4 at the back so he must have the discipline to play there or wing back.
I think he suffered playing alongside JCS as he felt he had to make up for his mistakes and lack of pace, especially after the Luton and Swansea displays.

I am confident he'll have a good career but Bidwell is more useful for us just now.

skyblu3sk

I think we are also less reliant on wing backs now as Gyok will go to the corner to collect and we are also happier to pick passes through the middle mainly as we have a glut of skilled players there that means we are less reliant on Bidwell being amazing going forward and gives us a much more solid defence.

shmmeee

Think it’s harsh to say Bidwell doesn’t offer much going forwards. He’s not a blockbuster run and cross type of player but his passing and movement is integral when we attack down that side and he’s often an out ball down the left.

Brighton Sky Blue

Think it’s harsh to say Bidwell doesn’t offer much going forwards. He’s not a blockbuster run and cross type of player but his passing and movement is integral when we attack down that side and he’s often an out ball down the left.

More than once he made a great run anticipating a ball that never came. Need him and Panzo more on the same wavelength

skyblu3sk

That's not what I meant if it came across that way just that we are less reliant on him to beat a man etc.

slowpoke

Bidwell is a better player for us than Maatsen was and I liked him, why he can defend at left back or centrally if needed. No coincidence we are now just about the tightest defence in the league.

stevefloyd

I still don't think he's a Rolls Royce but he is a decent Volvo, never seen this in him initially but hes pretty solid for us and loved to see O'hare shaking him and him laughing after our win Saturday, looks a great team spirit with them again

slowpoke

Don
I still don't think he's a Rolls Royce but he is a decent Volvo, never seen this in him initially but hes pretty solid for us and loved to see O'hare shaking him and him laughing after our win Saturday, looks a great team spirit with them again
Don’t see many Volvos in the breakdown lane of a motorway, very reliable.

stupot07

d9e8ec8434a38c0277361f37c1c2129f.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread