Bids for McNulty / McNulty to Reading (1 Viewer)

matesx

There's nothing quite like a full vocabulary H always taken great fun out of learning and using them ,there are so many variants of the same thing and then little nuances applied .

Indubitably

Captain Dart

So are you saying that loyalty equates to stupidity? Surely it depends on the moral code of the individual concerned? Either way, agitating for a move and threatening to down tools if he doesn't get it isn't behavior to be admired IMO.

Or are you just being offensive?
32d0e1229dbb31517cac28d3013ff7a6.jpg

Sky Blue Harry H

There's nothing quite like a full vocabulary H always taken great fun out of learning and using them ,there are so many variants of the same thing and then little nuances applied .

Man after my own heart. In one of my previous jobs I was always around schools dealing with finance. I often used to correct the grammar of certain headteachers' letters/e-mails that were on their computers when they had been called away to deal with something. They were quite happy for me to do so, and I was often befuddled at their lack of basic grammar (though I am sure they had a bucketful of other skills). Keep up the good work (Itsabuzzard is also a keen one for this!) P.S. Can't be bothered to see how many errors are in this post!

better days

Players learn early how ruthless football is
We as fans all demand the same loyalty we give but former favourite players who get injured or lose form or pace as they get older are unceremoniously dumped when the club feels they have no further use
It's even worse for young players coming through who get their first relatively modest pro contract and think it's the start of something. The majority end up disappointed when they go in to find out if it's being renewed
Only a few weeks ago the DKE twins who had been at the club since they were 8 were released in a pretty unsentimental way that surprised their team mates
Some fans welcomed this as a sign of the club taking a ruthless approach
These are people just like the rest of us and team mates see this and wonder if it will be their fate next time
I don't believe McNulty was looking for a move but I suspect that when his agent told him the deal being offered he thought of things he's seen happen to former team mates over the years

fernandopartridge

We as fans all demand the same loyalty we give but former favourite players who get injured or lose form or pace as they get older are unceremoniously dumped when the club feels they have no further use
It's even worse for young players coming through who get their first relatively modest pro contract and think it's the start of something. The majority end up disappointed when they go in to find out if it's being renewed
Only a few weeks ago the DKE twins who had been at the club since they were 8 were released in a pretty unsentimental way that surprised their team mates
These are people just like the rest of us and team mates see this and wonder if it will be their fate next time
I don't believe McNulty was looking for a move but I suspect that when his agent told him the deal being offered he thought of things he's seen happen to former team mates over the years
I'd accept that justification if there wasn't an improved contract offer on the table or that Reading are not just another club who might dump in at the first opportunity.

oucho

fuck I hadn't even seen that MM had gone......shows how much I've been following the Sky Blues since the Wembley game. Any chance we can bring him back in on loan?

Adge

People are desperate for Sisu to be the pantomime villains despite the fact they played zero part in this transfer.
Whether they had any dealings with the transfer or not they will always be cockroaches.

NorthernWisdom

Whether they had any dealings with the transfer or not they will always be cockroaches.
That may indeed be true. Best to focus on what they *do* do wrong, mind (yes yes know - existing is enough!). There's plenty of that, after all!

(And if we sign nobody, then they are this time, too - remembering the transfer fee might pay somebody's wages or contract extenson)

Ashdown

Ho
People are desperate for Sisu to be the pantomime villains despite the fact they played zero part in this transfer.
How do you know that any more than if somone suggested Joy was now rolling up £50 notes and smoking them on the Madison windfall ! SISU ultimately make the big decisions on money, let's just hope MR, can try and find a few nice little
bargains again though eh ?!

Nick

Administrator
Ho

How do you know that any more than if somone suggested Joy was now rolling up £50 notes and smoking them on the Madison windfall ! SISU ultimately make the big decisions on money, let's just hope MR, can try and find a few nice little
Didn't Robins say the only person pressuring for the deal was the agent?

As I said, it seems to be the people who don't actually bother or have a clue frothing about it

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Nick the person putting pen to paper is Mac not his agent if he didn't think the deal was good he would not have signed it . Sorry to see him go but all the very best

Nick

Administrator
Nick the person putting pen to paper is Mac not his agent if he didn't think the deal was good he would not have signed it . Sorry to see him go but all the very best

Who put the offer in front of him? Who was leaking things to the press to try and force it through and pressure it?

Sick Boy

Who put the offer in front of him? Who was leaking things to the press to try and force it through and pressure it?

To be fair the footballer would expect that of an agent and is what they get paid for. The negativity towards them from the fans is not shared by the players in any way whatsoever.

Ashdown

The agents are trouble making leeches. I did hear that MM was looking elsewhere before all this happened but I hoped that clinching promotion may have changed his mind. Perhaps we could have tried a bit harder to keep him. I don't know all the details.

matesx

We were never going to match Championship wages unfortunately

robbiekeane

Ho

You’re a very strange person

Nick

Administrator
The agents are trouble making leeches. I did hear that MM was looking elsewhere before all this happened but I hoped that clinching promotion may have changed his mind. Perhaps we could have tried a bit harder to keep him. I don't know all the details.
You mean like offer him a new better contract?

Magwitch

McNulty will have known about the Reading interest weeks ago so would have Robins, we were told the initial bid was £500k and in the end got nearly treble that, for a player we got for nowt 12 months ago. He will be replaced, probably for much less money and possibly a better player who knows. Any money left over might help bring in better players to the squad too. I trust our manager to have his finger on the pulse and with a couple of weeks to the big kick-off we could have an interesting fortnight.

Ashdown

McNulty will have known about the Reading interest weeks ago so would have Robins, we were told the initial bid was £500k and in the end got nearly treble that, for a player we got for nowt 12 months ago. He will be replaced, probably for much less money and possibly a better player who knows. Any money left over might help bring in better players to the squad too. I trust our manager to have his finger on the pulse and with a couple of weeks to the big kick-off we could have an interesting fortnight.
I thought the fee was undisclosed ?!

Nick

Administrator
“He hurt his ankle" - Robins offers injury update on Coventry stars
A couple more interesting comments:

He added: “It was intimated in no uncertain terms that the player would have been stroppy – and that was the word he used – if the deal didn’t go through. And I said, ‘fine, a stroppy player doesn’t play.’

“And that wasn’t Sparky, by the way, it was his agent who was trying to force that deal through, and he’s done it.

“It is what it is. It’s the way of the world. Agents move the players and they get paid. That’s the top and bottom of it.

fatso

If Mcnulty had real ambition he would of held out for a better side than a struggling Reading! The fact is he jumped ship at the very first opportunity, and snapped the hand off the first club that offered a bit more cash.
Reading isn’t a bigger club, or an attractive club, it’s just a club with a bit more cash to play with. he’s hardly moved for footballing reasons now has he.
He could of stayed here till January, proved he could score goals in league 1 and possibly got a move to a premier league side.
The only real winner in all of this, is his agent.

duffer

Exactly this. It's a short, risky career, and as soon as a player isn't performing the fans and club are desperate to get him off the books by any means possible.

Who could blame anyone for taking a substantial increase elsewhere if it was on offer, I know that I would! MM has done very well for us, I wish him every success.

Users who are viewing this thread