Bids for McNulty / McNulty to Reading (1 Viewer)

Terry Gibson's perm

It seems like the agent has acted appallingly in this as most do, next time he comes to Robins with a player he should tell him to clear off and hopefully he will speak to other managers to do the same.

Irish Sky Blue

I think the abuse for McNullty is sad. As has been mentioned by a lot of posters, the career is short and can be ended by a bad tackle. Loyalty doesn’t really exist either way. Some people were giving him dog’s abuse for the first half of the season ( remember his cupped ear gesture when he scored the winner at home to Cheltenham?). He would only be a few barren games away from the same people writing him off again and once again getting on his back. He is not guaranteed to have another season like the last. His star could be the highest it will ever be in his career. Therefore I don’t blame him for making the move which means his life after football will be a lot easier. It is a move which could give him the chance of an international career and if he is a success, even the chance of playing in the PL. If he plays against us in the future I would applaud him as he helped to give me one of the best seasons I have had watching City (and I have been watching since 1967) and I feel he always ran his socks off and always gave of his best. He isn’t a City fan and has not got the affinity with the club that fans have. Even if he did I think personal ambition would probably dictate that he would still leave. For example, Lineker left Leicester for Everton even though it is clear that Leicester is his club. McNulty’s year at the club was great for him and great for us. I had hoped he would stay but the fee will hopefully be used to strengthen what I still hope will be a promotion season.

Ashdown

First bid comes in for our better players and oh yes , true to form the SISU cunts cash in ! Wankers, always will be !

jackdg

First bid comes in for our better players and oh yes , true to form the SISU cunts cash in ! Wankers, always will be !
According to Robins, the agent intimated that McNulty would (in effect) go on strike... would you rather watch McNulty cause issues for two years and then leave on a free or get a decent fee for him.

Ashdown

He's gone. Time to get over it and look toward the future. He wasn't going to score 28 again in League One. Hopefully we can put the double-promotion hysteria to bed.

List of Preferred Replacements:
1) Adam Armstrong
2) Mo Eisa
3) Jordan Ponticelli
---
78215) A Premier League or Championship loan.
It'll be the third option then

steve cooper

According to Robins, the agent intimated that McNulty would (in effect) go on strike... would you rather watch McNulty cause issues for two years and then leave on a free or get a decent fee for him.
I haven't seen where MR said this, but if true, that throws a completely different perspective on this. He was under contract and was morally obliged to honour it if we had insisted, in my opinion. If it is true, then I say good riddance.

AStonesThrow

Apparently if this move goes ahead there could be 2 coming in, I’ve heard the name of one but not saying yet, don’t want to get laughed at, but played Premiership last season
Is it Peter crouch? Heard his name mentioned with is recently

AFCCOVENTRY

I haven't seen where MR said this, but if true, that throws a completely different perspective on this. He was under contract and was morally obliged to honour it if we had insisted, in my opinion. If it is true, then I say good riddance.

CET have an interview with Robins after the Sutton game. It's a good thing this has been resolved early on in pre-season.

Westendlad

I think the abuse for McNullty is sad. As has been mentioned by a lot of posters, the career is short and can be ended by a bad tackle. Loyalty doesn’t really exist either way. Some people were giving him dog’s abuse for the first half of the season ( remember his cupped ear gesture when he scored the winner at home to Cheltenham?). He would only be a few barren games away from the same people writing him off again and once again getting on his back. He is not guaranteed to have another season like the last. His star could be the highest it will ever be in his career. Therefore I don’t blame him for making the move which means his life after football will be a lot easier. It is a move which could give him the chance of an international career and if he is a success, even the chance of playing in the PL. If he plays against us in the future I would applaud him as he helped to give me one of the best seasons I have had watching City (and I have been watching since 1967) and I feel he always ran his socks off and always gave of his best. He isn’t a City fan and has not got the affinity with the club that fans have. Even if he did I think personal ambition would probably dictate that he would still leave. For example, Lineker left Leicester for Everton even though it is clear that Leicester is his club. McNulty’s year at the club was great for him and great for us. I had hoped he would stay but the fee will hopefully be used to strengthen what I still hope will be a promotion season.
Agree with that but i'm sure players are insured big time with career ending injuries.

Nonleagueherewecome

well there is always one who is a bit thick
So are you saying that loyalty equates to stupidity? Surely it depends on the moral code of the individual concerned? Either way, agitating for a move and threatening to down tools if he doesn't get it isn't behavior to be admired IMO.

Or are you just being offensive?

Magwitch

It’s no longer about McNulty, it’s who we replace him with, only 2 weeks until the transfer window shuts I’m still confident Robins has players on his radar I’m just concerned re our owner, had the Maddison windfall, sold over 6000 season tickets and now has this McNulty fee in her mits. Not saying we should spend the lot but her record goes before her

Nick

Administrator
It’s no longer about McNulty, it’s who we replace him with, only 2 weeks until the transfer window shuts I’m still confident Robins has players on his radar I’m just concerned re our owner, had the Maddison windfall, sold over 6000 season tickets and now has this McNulty fee in her mits. Not saying we should spend the lot but her record goes before her
What record?

Sky Blue Harry H

CCFC more important than any player. Agent saying player would be stroppy is just a tactic by the agent (not the player). Move on. Still happy with overall business. Also, stop bickering about owners trousering cash re: Maddison/McNulty. We've been bringing players in/improving contracts etc to keep team together/improve it. This costs money.

itsabuzzard

I'd love to say yes, just to make you happy Otis, but I'm not. As many posters have pointed out, playing football is a short career and loyalty has no place in it. We got a great (half) season out of MM and he was instrumental in our promotion. The best of British to him, if you ask me. Those wishing him ill are swivel-eyed loons.
Oh, and I didn't even mention that reading should have a capital "r".
Bet you're more angry with that than the sentiment of the post aren't you?

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

djr8369

I’m sad he has gone, there’s no point pretending that he wasn’t up to much - or wouldn’t have scored this season.

However.

Somebody earlier in this point made a brilliant point, McNulty didn’t fit with Robins seemingly preferred 4-5-1 formation.

The signings have reinforced his desire to play that way - Atacking midfielders and holding midfielders.

I expect us to play Biamou or JCH with Jones, Andreu and Reis A behind.

Agreed that this looks very possible. If so we possibly don’t need anyone else up front and might opt for a wide midfielder or wing back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

I'd love to say yes, just to make you happy Otis, but I'm not. As many posters have pointed out, playing football is a short career and loyalty has no place in it. We got a great (half) season out of MM and he was instrumental in our promotion. The best of British to him, if you ask me. Those wishing him ill are swivel-eyed loons.

I don't wish him ill, but two broken legs and temporary double vision for 13 months wouldn't go amiss.

I also hope someone pees in his porridge while no-one's looking.

Remember what they say, never trust a Scotsman with a beard. Well, that's what my great gran used to say anyway.

Grendel

Agreed that this looks very possible. If so we possibly don’t need anyone else up front and might opt for a wide midfielder or wing back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No chance we’d survive a season with that set up and options - it’s got no goals in it

itsabuzzard

I think you're contradicting yourself in the first paragraph.

My old man's advice was a bit broader - never trust a man with a beard. He was right.
I don't wish him ill, but two broken legs and temporary double vision for 13 months wouldn't go amiss.

I also hope someone pees in his porridge while no-one's looking.

Remember what they say, never trust a Scotsman with a beard. Well, that's what my great gran used to say anyway.

Terry_dactyl

No chance we’d survive a season with that set up and options - it’s got no goals in it
I’d tend to agree but it seems we’ll have more creativity than last year...and possibly more goals from other areas?
Part of me would like to see if Ponticelli is the goal scorer people think he can be.

Otis

I think you're contradicting yourself in the first paragraph.

My old man's advice was a bit broader - never trust a man with a beard. He was right.

Where's the contradiction? I haven't wished the plague or Black Death upon him, or hoped he falls off a cliff.

My old man told me to never trust a woman with a beard. It's ever since then that I stopped watching Eurovision.

wingy

Agh ,I think that may be predictive text kicking in again.
Who on earth would name a town after the occular /cognitive trait of Comprehension and Language aquisition .:p

itsabuzzard

Where's the contradiction? I haven't wished the plague or Black Death upon him, or hoped he falls off a cliff.

My old man told me to never trust a woman with a beard. It's ever since then that I stopped watching Eurovision.
I think ill would cover a couple of broken legs and double vision.

Sky Blue Harry H

Agh ,I think that may be predictive text kicking in again.
Who on earth would name a town after the occular /cognitive trait of Comprehension and Language aquisition .:p

You got a like purely for the use of occular - though disappointed Otis hasn't attempted a Jockular out of it

Nick

Administrator
People are desperate for Sisu to be the pantomime villains despite the fact they played zero part in this transfer.
Despite the fact it wasn't even the first bid.

Shame these people shout the loudest and get listened to to try and put people off ccfc. Pretty much the sort who bang on about not going to games then rock up at Wembley.

Interesting robins had another dig at the agent

Users who are viewing this thread