Biamou (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
It is as simple as that.... he’s there to score not fluff it up with a little belt pass here and there. He’s a forward paid to score goals. Either he does it or he goes.

I'd be happy if he doesn't get a league goal all season but his play creates goals and space for others to score and we win games. Obviously if he stops doing the other stuff it's a different matter, as it's about what he brings to the team.

fatso

Thing is though, he has missed some good chances but he has also been involved in creating chances, he is quite good at taking the ball off defenders and defending from the front etc. I am by no means saying he is going to be world class or fire us to promotion but Burton had a certain Stuart Beavon as player of the season for 2 promotions.

I'd love him to be banging in the goals as well as his current play, but can understand why is he there at current.

For somebody who seems to shit themselves when near goal, he goes have a really good touch and links up play really well. I do hope once he scores then he starts scoring more like McNulty did but still think it is going to be an in off the arse or a screamer where he doesnt have time to think and just hits it.
I admit that he’s capeable of performing for the team, but what we need is someone who does all that Biamou does, AND scores a few goals, let’s be honest, he’s only in the team because of his size and physical abilities, if we had any other alternative he’d be stuck on the bench. The lack of a goal scoring centre forward has cost us points, which is a situation that must be addressed in the January transfer window.

Nick

Administrator
I admit that he’s capeable of performing for the team, but what we need is someone who does all that Biamou does, AND scores a few goals, let’s be honest, he’s only in the team because of his size and physical abilities, if we had any other alternative he’d be stuck on the bench. The lack of a goal scoring centre forward has cost us points, which is a situation that must be addressed in the January transfer window.

Well yes ideally if he was scoring loads as well as the other parts it would be a bonus, it's when the other parts stop it's even more worrying.

steve82

Apart from there's gonna be 30 clubs doing the same thing in January searching for that bit extra in front of goal.

It's no easy task id imagine in finding that specific type of striker for one and two that will come to your club.

fatso

Well yes ideally if he was scoring loads as well as the other parts it would be a bonus, it's when the other parts stop it's even more worrying.
Ironically, if he scores a shit load of goals in the next 4 or 5 weeks, he’d probably end up getting sold anyway! That’s the way it goes for us City fans!

fatso

Apart from there's gonna be 30 clubs doing the same thing in January searching for that bit extra in front of goal.

It's no easy task id imagine in finding that specific type of striker for one and two that will come to your club.
I’d take a gamble on Courtney baker Richardson on loan from Swansea.
I know some wouldn’t agree, and he’s another unproven striker, but given our lack of funds, he might be the best we can attract.

steve82

I’d take a gamble on Courtney baker Richardson on loan from Swansea.
I know some wouldn’t agree, and he’s another unproven striker, but given our lack of funds, he might be the best we can attract.

In all honesty I've said this before a few weeks back when JJ got injured. Has pace power and size

Tho I'd be playing him wide right in MR favoured 4231...... with Biamou up top still.

Terry Gibson's perm

a non league footballer playing league football I would rather have Kwame Thomas in the side

ccfcway

Coventry City seems to have had an above average amount of ‘hard working strikers’ that can’t score.

As I said on the Jan Transfer window thread:
“I’m fed up of strikers that ‘work the defenders’ and ‘run the channels’ but can’t fucking score.
Lee Mills, Andy Morrell, Robbie Simpson, Leon McKenzie, Clive Platt, John Stead, Freddie Sears, Marcus Tudgay, Darius Henderson, Stuart Beavon and now Biamou - for the last 10 years we’ve had to put up with ‘hard working strikers’ that can’t score more than 4 goals a season. Enough is enough. Every future striker we sign should have a clause in their contract that says if you haven’t scored 5 goals by January then your contract is torn up. Strikers are there to score goals otherwise you might as well just sling a centre back upfront.”

Would love to know how many goals all of the strikers mentioned have scored career to date...in all competitions, put together, it can’t be any more than 30 goals!

McKenzie got 12
Morrell got 17
Platt got 7
Mills got 5
Simpson 4
Stead 2 (gone on to get 20 in 79 for bristol city and 28 in 100 for Notts county)
Sears 0 - (from 10 games) now plays in the championship
Henderson 0 (from 5 games)
Beavon 2
Tudgay 10

total of 59

nearly double you guess

Last edited:

stupot07

McKenzie got 12
Morrell got 17
Platt got 7
Mills got 5
Simpson 4
Stead 2 (gone on to get 20 in 79 for bristol city and 28 in 100 for Notts county)
Sears 0 - (from 10 games) now plays in the championship
Henderson 0 (from 5 games)
Beavon 2
Tudgay 10

total of 59

nearly double you guess
And that's just cov goals....he said career to date... Nowhere near 30 lol.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ccfcway

ha. Stead alone has 138, a little more than Morrell's 132, Platt's 125 and McKenzies 115 !!

Even Tudgay has more than 100 as does Robbie Simpson (102) and Henderson 129

It wouldn't be a long way off 1000 between that lot that was listed

Last edited:

Hobo

It is so easy isn't it, get rid of him, sell this player and sell that player in January. Then just go out and get three better players in.

Hmmmm.

steve82

It is so easy isn't it, get rid of him, sell this player and sell that player in January. Then just go out and get three better players in.

Hmmmm.

You think all these people that want x y and z player out the club and cleared of there remaining 18 months of there contracts have names of suitable replacements ready to come in January?

I didn't think so either.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

It’s called being tongue in cheek...? Eitherway, are you trying to tell me that’s an impressive return from all those strikers that commanded thousands of pounds in wages in their time at CCFC? I haven’t even included Kevin Kyle and Trevor Benjamin

Sba180

at least biamou is in the box atta king headers to try make something happen. i would perservere with him

but would drop mcnulty for vincente. go back to what we did start of season midfield wise
2 months since you said this. Do you still persevere with a striker who simply can’t score?

fatso

yeah as hes still getting assists and we are still doing well as a team
So, we are 3 points above mid table in the worst league in all of English professional football, (thanks to a late winner against the mighty Cheltenham Town) and you describe that as “doing well as a team” ........
....REALLY!!!

Greggs

Add goals to his game and he's a 3 million quid striker! He does everything really well, apart from hitting the target!

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Add goals to his game and he's a 3 million quid striker! He does everything really well, apart from hitting the target!

That’s speculating on a fundamental aspect of a striker’s game that Biamou doesn’t have... like saying the Titanic would be worth a lot of money if it wasn’t on the bottom of the ocean.

oucho

Coventry City seems to have had an above average amount of ‘hard working strikers’ that can’t score.

As I said on the Jan Transfer window thread:
“I’m fed up of strikers that ‘work the defenders’ and ‘run the channels’ but can’t fucking score.
Lee Mills, Andy Morrell, Robbie Simpson, Leon McKenzie, Clive Platt, John Stead, Freddie Sears, Marcus Tudgay, Darius Henderson, Stuart Beavon and now Biamou - for the last 10 years we’ve had to put up with ‘hard working strikers’ that can’t score more than 4 goals a season. Enough is enough. Every future striker we sign should have a clause in their contract that says if you haven’t scored 5 goals by January then your contract is torn up. Strikers are there to score goals otherwise you might as well just sling a centre back upfront.”

Would love to know how many goals all of the strikers mentioned have scored career to date...in all competitions, put together, it can’t be any more than 30 goals!

You could have mentioned Shaun Miller, Simeon Jackson, Franck Nouble, Clive Platt, MAF, Alex Nimeley, Josh McQoid, Nathan Ecclestone, Delfounso, Chuba Akpom, Danny Philiskirk.....you could have mentioned Roy O'Donovan but that fucker never even worked hard...

I think the 30 goals thing is wrong though. Tudgay on his own got about 100 during his career, problem as that he was a striker and they were spread over about 17 seasons.

I LIKE MAX. And untill we have a better option upfront happy with him as long as he contributes blood and sweat for the team unlike the lazy fuck Nazon.

Hey, I know it's a team game but I'd rather have our top scorer in the team rather than a striker who's only scored once all season.

Greggs

That’s speculating on a fundamental aspect of a striker’s game that Biamou doesn’t have... like saying the Titanic would be worth a lot of money if it wasn’t on the bottom of the ocean.

No it aint. He wins headers, hold the ball up, links play, works very hard, has good touch and decent position sense. Basically everything we want in a Number 9 He isn't fluffing his chances, they are decent connections, just really unlucky not to have found the net yet.

1st year as a pro, he can improve and become an asset.

Nick

Administrator
His finish against Stevenage was decent.

I wonder what he is like in training and if he converts those.

Esoterica

I think it's pretty sad the amount of stick he's getting from his own fans. 6 months as a full time professional, improving throughout that time, playing in a team that's mostly had 7 defenders in it as a target man with no strike partner and yet he's had people writing him off from his first 45 minutes. I doubt he was ever signed as first choice for this season and is only playing due to Beavon's lack of form. Far too much targetting of individuals this year - we can't even fully get behind a team that's been in the play offs for half a season.

Otis

No it aint. He wins headers, hold the ball up, links play, works very hard, has good touch and decent position sense. Basically everything we want in a Number 9 He isn't fluffing his chances, they are decent connections, just really unlucky not to have found the net yet.

So, better than McWankty then?

Otis

I think it's pretty sad the amount of stick he's getting from his own fans. 6 months as a full time professional, improving throughout that time, playing in a team that's mostly had 7 defenders in it as a target man with no strike partner and yet he's had people writing him off from his first 45 minutes. I doubt he was ever signed as first choice for this season and is only playing due to Beavon's lack of form. Far too much targetting of individuals this year - we can't even fully get behind a team that's been in the play offs for half a season.
Hear, hear!

Most players have frailties, but overall I am pretty much happy with everyone.

I can see value in the likes Grimmer AND Vincenti AND Biamou, even though they all have flaws.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

You could have mentioned Shaun Miller, Simeon Jackson, Franck Nouble, Clive Platt, MAF, Alex Nimeley, Josh McQoid, Nathan Ecclestone, Delfounso, Chuba Akpom, Danny Philiskirk.....you could have mentioned Roy O'Donovan but that fucker never even worked hard...

I think the 30 goals thing is wrong though. Tudgay on his own got about 100 during his career, problem as that he was a striker and they were spread over about 17 seasons.

Hey, I know it's a team game but I'd rather have our top scorer in the team rather than a striker who's only scored once all season.

I hope he comes good but it’s critical that to get promoted we have to have strikers scoring - and for 18 games he’s not been able to do that! We need goal scorers up front - not hard workers.

Otis

As I've said a few times before, a striker has to either score or provide for others.

If he's doing neither then he serves no purpose.

We all have to decide whether Biamou is providing opportunities for others or not, cos he clearly isn't scoring.

Last edited:

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

We're doing a bit better than alright this season. A playoff finish does not guarantee promotion, but if we carry on as we are we will probably just about finish in the top 7 come the end of the season.

If we want to be really special and get an automatic spot, which is what we really should be targeting, Biamou cannot be part of a starting lineup that's aiming for that each week. He just isn't good enough.

Users who are viewing this thread