Biamou (2 Viewers)

AFCCOVENTRY

Robins has to balance the books to bring players in. If he can get a goal scorer then Biamou is the striker who can't score and has to make way.

BackRoomRummermill

Its been like playing with 10 men when he plays, there are a few benefits though its allowed Macca to show us he is the player he really is.

Seamus1

... Biamou is the striker who can't score and has to make way.

But Beavon can't score and hasn't even been playing, why can't he make way too? He is also quite possibly on more money than Biamou. Given the choice out of Biamou and Beavon, if I were a club looking to take on a striker, I know which one I would rather go for.

stupot07

But Beavon can't score and hasn't even been playing, why can't he make way too? He is also quite possibly on more money than Biamou. Given the choice out of Biamou and Beavon, if I were a club looking to take on a striker, I know which one I would rather go for.
Yeah, I think there's going to be a few disappointed people come the end of Jan and Biamou is still here. Can't see him going anywhere, Robins obviously likes him, he's now starting every week, and yes hes not scored which is a concern but to say its like playing with 10 men is ridiculous.

Looking at his Sutton stats, he only scored once in his first 16 games, then scored 12 in 27, so hopefully he will start contributing goals towards the back end of the season .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Beavon has to go before Biamou. Take scoring goals out of the equation, which they both can’t do anyway, Biamou offers a lot more than Beavon. I was shocked we offered Beavon a contract this year, he’s like a poor mans Andy Morrell.

Johnnythespider

I like him, he does need to start scoring. He is missing some good chances but his overall game is fine for this league. I think it's a mental thing for him now, I've seen people saying he should be dropped for Nazon and I can understand it to a degree but Nazon simply can't do the things he can up there, so until Robins can bring someone better in or he starts finding the back of the net then i would play him.

better days

Nazon doesn't want to stay so I would be surprised if Biamou is allowed to move. There was a suggestion earlier in the season when he wasn't playing that he could go on loan but can't see it now

Great_Expectations

I rate him and would be disappointed to see him go. His work rate is impressive and he wins everything in the air; it isn’t his fault others aren’t around him to take advantage of that. Look at Wycombe last night, every set piece or long ball, their attacking players were so compact, all centring around Akinfenwa, knowing he would cause mayhem.

Age wise he may not be classed as young for his profession, but experience wise he absolutely can be. On top of that, his first club is probably the biggest in L2 and play in state of the art stadium with a large (for L2) fan base, all of whom expect promotion.

He’s clearly a confidence player, as is McNulty and look what happened once he found his goal scoring form....

However, I did find it strange he came out on his own after the game last night and clapped the whole main stand and even went over to the corner to talk to some of the fans? Was anyone over there when he did?

oucho

Grendel

I rate him and would be disappointed to see him go. His work rate is impressive and he wins everything in the air; it isn’t his fault others aren’t around him to take advantage of that. Look at Wycombe last night, every set piece or long ball, their attacking players were so compact, all centring around Akinfenwa, knowing he would cause mayhem.

Age wise he may not be classed as young for his profession, but experience wise he absolutely can be. On top of that, his first club is probably the biggest in L2 and play in state of the art stadium with a large (for L2) fan base, all of whom expect promotion.

He’s clearly a confidence player, as is McNulty and look what happened once he found his goal scoring form....

However, I did find it strange he came out on his own after the game last night and clapped the whole main stand and even went over to the corner to talk to some of the fans? Was anyone over there when he did?

He hardly won a header last night at all and even in games where he does they are not directed at all.

He’s not that physically strong and not great with his back to goal.

Last night we won in spite of him being on the pitch not because he was on it.

Great_Expectations

He hardly won a header last night at all and even in games where he does they are not directed at all.

He’s not that physically strong and not great with his back to goal.

Last night we won in spite of him being on the pitch not because he was on it.

I don’t recall him having that many headers to win last night, and even if he didn’t yesterday, generally in games he does.

He’s getting physically stronger each game, again he’s very inexperienced as a professional.

Your last point is ridiculous. We won in spite of him? So he contributed less than nothing and actually detracted from our performance?

Grendel

I don’t recall him having that many headers to win last night, and even if he didn’t yesterday, generally in games he does.

He’s getting physically stronger each game, again he’s very inexperienced as a professional.

Your last point is ridiculous. We won in spite of him? So he contributed less than nothing and actually detracted from our performance?

Why is it ridiculous. Didn’t you say the same about Kelly Evans?

RoboCCFC90

Yes I've heard that he might be off in Jan. Apparently mentioned it to a few fans last night.

He did say something along those lines last night, didn’t give a clue as to where tho.

BackRoomRummermill

Yeah, I think there's going to be a few disappointed people come the end of Jan and Biamou is still here. Can't see him going anywhere, Robins obviously likes him, he's now starting every week, and yes hes not scored which is a concern but to say its like playing with 10 men is ridiculous.

Looking at his Sutton stats, he only scored once in his first 16 games, then scored 12 in 27, so hopefully he will start contributing goals towards the back end of the season .

So you rate him as a quality player then ?

clint van damme

He did say something along those lines last night, didn’t give a clue as to where tho.

was strange how he spent so much time on the pitch at the end clapping the support.
However, reading between the lines, it doesn't sound like he's going anywhere the way Robins is speaking in the CET today.

stupot07

So you rate him as a quality player then ?
He has bits of quality, but is lacking quality (or form) in front of goal, but he does contribute to the teams performance both with and without the ball, and he is improving all the time, hes also a decent foil for mcnulty. As long as he's contributing, we're winning matches, and he's improving and developing then I'm give him time. Robins obviously rates him which is why he's now starting most weeks and is currently above Nazon, beavon, ponticelli and K Thomas. I think when he scores one, he will go on a little run. Sometimes its about getting the right mix of players, for example Rosario didn't score many but Quinn did, and ndlovu and Williams chipped in, when we sold Rosario the goals dried up for them 3

Captain Dart

Robins comments imply he is staying..
“Tom Davis coming on at the end just gave us that height to help see the game out at a time when Max Biamou was spent, having been ill this week.
“He worked his socks off to get in the side today. He wanted the penalty but Sparky is our penalty taker and we didn’t want to see what happened with Benteke last week.
“Max’s goals will come. I was pleased with his workrate and if I keep getting the work-rate his goals will come. I keep saying it to him.

Evo1883

My personal opinion on biamou is that whilst he wins headers here and there , there will be games where we need to nick a goal and he frankly is not the man to do that and IMO won’t ever Be.
I’m sorry i can see he tries but he is not good enough it’s as simple as that .
James Collins is the good version of biamou, holds it up wins headers but scores a good few .
He has ZERO league goals there has to Be a point where somebody literally says ok , enough.
Trying will never be as good as quality , he tries and that’s it , city fans seem to love somebody who tries over quality , Jacob Murphy for example , who now plays in the premier league

RoboCCFC90

was strange how he spent so much time on the pitch at the end clapping the support.
However, reading between the lines, it doesn't sound like he's going anywhere the way Robins is speaking in the CET today.

I hope not because I really like Biamou, yeah sure he doesn’t get as many goals, but his work rate and his link up play is brilliant, he wins his fair share of headers and puts pressure on defenders, it also allows for McNulty to run off Biamou and find the space McNulty needs.

I’d keep Biamou, if I was to allow any strikers to leave it would be Beavon (on loan) and Thomas.

Cov kid 55

Robins comments imply he is staying..
Yes, I read this and thought that Biamou is here for the longer term and will continue to play. I’m happy to accept what Robins says and we should stick with him. There is a good player in there. Remember, many posters on here would have shipped McNulty out, and although we shouldn’t get carried away yet, he’s starting to repay Robins and his supporters faith in him.

Otis

I don't think Beavon is appalling in front of goal. His problem is he simply doesn't get in front of goal.

higgs

If we get promoted he wouldn't be good enough to score in league one if he can't score against league two players. We sign the beast in Jan and the duck and mcnulty would feed off him plus the beast scores goals aswell

stevefloyd

I remember Dennis Bergkamp in his 1st season for Asenal didn't look to good but boy O boy when he kicked on he was fantastic but he only scored 87 goals for them but on the flip to that had 94 assists

clint van damme

I remember Dennis Bergkamp in his 1st season for Asenal didn't look to good but boy O boy when he kicked on he was fantastic but he only scored 87 goals for them but on the flip to that had 94 assists

he was some player. They showed a compilation of him on one of the screens up the gym the other day. Not many players have had a better first touch.

Users who are viewing this thread