Biamou (3 Viewers)

SkyBlueCRJ

We're doing a bit better than alright this season. A playoff finish does not guarantee promotion, but if we carry on as we are we will probably just about finish in the top 7 come the end of the season.

If we want to be really special and get an automatic spot, which is what we really should be targeting, Biamou cannot be part of a starting lineup that's aiming for that each week. He just isn't good enough.

Agreed. Biamou should be implemented as a 'Plan B' option instead - this is where he would be most effective. His lack of confidence in front of goal is clear to everyone but Robins, yet he continues to start.

BackRoomRummermill

I have nothing else to say regarding Biamou which I did not say weeks and weeks ago about his lack of talent , I can’t pick or change the squad but I know as someone who previously played football at a decent level he will never cut it . If there was someone challenging his place he would never start . Like wise when McNulty was getting pelts I was one of the few who said he was a decent player , if you know how the game is played you would know. This is like a prolonged trialist. Maybe I will be called a retard or bellend again for airing my assertions but ultimately I am right. Now it’s just a matter of time before an idiot roll call appears to tell me I am wrong .... or maybe not if they have not been drinking

Last edited:

Hobo

I have nothing else to say regarding Biamou which I did not say weeks and weeks ago about his lack of talent , I can’t pick or change the squad but I know as someone who previously played football at a decent level he will never cut it . If there was someone challenging his place he would never start . Like wise when McNulty was getting pelts I was one of the few who said he was a decent player , if you know how the game is played you would know. This is like a prolonged trialist. Maybe I will be called a retard or bellend again for airing my assertions but ultimately I am right. Now it’s just a matter of time before an idiot roll call appears to tell me I am wrong .... or maybe not if they have not been drinking

Glad you aren't in our changing room. Now tell me who you are bringing in?

BackRoomRummermill

A physical striker who can can get under a defences skin who is properly researched, split them allow runs for Mcnultys of the world. Simply heading on unchallenged because the opposition defenders know it’s pointless and risk giving a foul don’t work. A Dele Ali of D4 standard would suffice , this is what Biamou is supposed to be doing but can’t as he has not the ability. The other option is to play a fast direct approach . Robins must be looking at this in the transfer window. We are in D4 and the lower leagues pool of talent is intermittent at best and Biamou is proof of this I am afraid , anyone decent we get would be a bonus but I am afraid all of SISU activity relative to CCFC means that other clubs would be far more attractive option. Thanks SISU fantastic outfit . Back to Biamou there is still hope if Robins changes his gameplay and gets him to face up to players on the 18 yd line , get more mobile and believe in himself more.

Last edited:

Hobo

A physical striker who can can get under a defences skin who is properly researched, split them allow runs for Mcnultys of the world. Simply heading on unchallenged because the opposition defenders know it’s pointless and risk giving a foul don’t work. A Dele Ali of D4 standard would suffice , this is what Biamou is supposed to be doing but can’t as he has not the ability. The other option is to play a fast direct approach . Robins must be looking at this in the transfer window. We are in D4 and the lower leagues pool of talent is intermittent at best and Biamou is proof of this I am afraid , anyone decent we get would be a bonus but I am afraid all of SISU activity relative to CCFC means that other clubs would be far more attractive option. Thanks SISU fantastic outfit . Back to Biamou there is still hope if Robins changes his gameplay and gets him to face up to players on the 18 yd line , get more mobile and believe in himself more.
You can't always go out and get what what you want. Glad there is a fan who can see the weaknesses but can also see there is a development potential and what might have to be worked on the training ground.

Skyblue_CP

I for one think Biamou has alot of potential, he was hard done by to not get man of the match on saturday, hes got a decent first touch and gives defences something to think about so gives McNulty abit of protection. Above all works his absoloute socks off, only a matter of time untill he sticks one away, just lacking abit of confidence.

Esoterica

Here's Biamou's matches broken down by Starts, sub appearances, scores and 'results' while he was on the pitch. Not meant to be taken as for or against him as a player - just sharing them as stats:

biamou.png

W

westcountry_skyblue

I’d have gone and got Akinfenwa in the summer still rate him at this level !!

Mucca Mad Boys

My god that is so vague. People need to cut Biamou some slack, he was not signed to be a starter, injuries have pushed him up the pecking order. Moreover, he's been pushed up that order and he's not been a professional for a single season yet. The jump in standard is huge. He's been bringing out the performances of other key players, namely Nazon, and his performances have been quite good in places. Ten games ago people were saying McNulty wasn't good enough, and one hot streak from him has him joint top scorer (and unbelievably, people still saying he isn't good enough). There have been numerous instances where striker have started slowly, and when they've found their groove, scored lots of goals. I hope Biamou adds to the list.

My (very sarcastic) checklist for this window:

1) A L2 Toni Kroos
2) A L2 Messi
3) A L2 Didier Drogba

fatso

My god that is so vague. People need to cut Biamou some slack, he was not signed to be a starter, injuries have pushed him up the pecking order. Moreover, he's been pushed up that order and he's not been a professional for a single season yet. The jump in standard is huge. He's been bringing out the performances of other key players, namely Nazon, and his performances have been quite good in places. Ten games ago people were saying McNulty wasn't good enough, and one hot streak from him has him joint top scorer (and unbelievably, people still saying he isn't good enough). There have been numerous instances where striker have started slowly, and when they've found their groove, scored lots of goals. I hope Biamou adds to the list.

1) A L2 Toni Kroos
2) A L2 Messi
3) A L2 Didier Drogba
To be honest, much of the criticism is aimed at MR for not addressing the glaring shortcomings that were obvious in pre season. We were short of goals upfront, lacking a plan B, and were obviously short of a big powerful centre forward before we kicked a ball in anger.
Jones’s hat trick in the first game of the season just happen to paper over the cracks, and give everyone false hope that we would walk away with promotion.
Now we are seeing the results of not equipping the squad correctly (although I acknowledge that injuries and lack of funds are also issues)
As for Biamou, it’s hardly his fault that he has had the burden of leading the line thrust upon his shoulders, and given how far he has progressed since arriving in the uk, it’s hardly surprising that he’s struggling. But continuing to play him week in and week out is costing us points. In hindsight MR has also shown too much faith in Beavon and Vincenti (imho) both of whom have also massively underachieved. And he insists on defending far too deeply against teams that should be easy pickings.

Mucca Mad Boys

To be honest, much of the criticism is aimed at MR for not addressing the glaring shortcomings that were obvious in pre season. We were short of goals upfront, lacking a plan B, and were obviously short of a big powerful centre forward before we kicked a ball in anger.
Jones’s hat trick in the first game of the season just happen to paper over the cracks, and give everyone false hope that we would walk away with promotion.
Now we are seeing the results of not equipping the squad correctly (although I acknowledge that injuries and lack of funds are also issues)
As for Biamou, it’s hardly his fault that he has had the burden of leading the line thrust upon his shoulders, and given how far he has progressed since arriving in the uk, it’s hardly surprising that he’s struggling. But continuing to play him week in and week out is costing us points. In hindsight MR has also shown too much faith in Beavon and Vincenti (imho) both of whom have also massively underachieved. And he insists on defending far too deeply against teams that should be easy pickings.

I completely disagree. The squad is clearly equipped to do very well in this league, hence we've beaten all but two teams in the top 9 - whereas we've won two games against the bottom 7. It should be obvious to all (unfortunately it is not) our failures are tactical as opposed to personnel - even the stats prove that.

We identified a 'target man' in the summer, that Williams from Doncaster and they wanted to keep him - we've signed 13/14 players this summer and another loan coming in - the budget has been pushed to its limits. The way people like yourself go on, you'd think there is a bottomless pit of money to cover all vague player types we may or may not need. Ironically, you say we 'need' a 'big powerful target man' - Luton don't have one, and they're doing just fine, oh, and we beat them 3-0, away...

I don't see how you can say he's costing us points, we've got two forwards on 8 goals already? Even without Jones and Andreu, there are goal scorers in the team. If he's getting involved in other ways, I'm quite happy for that to be his role. Most teams who play two strikers, there's typically one who scores the goals, and another who creates; space, chances etc. measuring his success by goals alone is flawed - but I'd agree it's an area he needs to improve on ASAP. I think he needs more time and he'll come good. The jump up from semi-pro to pro cannot be underestimated and had our main players had remained fit, I think he'd largely be used as a sub.

better days

When Christian Doidge moved from non League FGR to Dagenham & Redbridge in L2 he struggled to make the first team in his initial season and when he did he found goals hard to come by
As he worked like a dog the fans accepted that
Ironically when Daggers were relegated out of L2 Doidge went back to FGR and his goals helped them get promotion
He's scored 16 goals so far this season back in L2 even though he's playing in a team who will probably be fighting relegation back to the National League
Let's hope Max Biamou comes good too

fatso

I completely disagree. The squad is clearly equipped to do very well in this league, hence we've beaten all but two teams in the top 9 - whereas we've won two games against the bottom 7. It should be obvious to all (unfortunately it is not) our failures are tactical as opposed to personnel - even the stats prove that.

We identified a 'target man' in the summer, that Williams from Doncaster and they wanted to keep him - we've signed 13/14 players this summer and another loan coming in - the budget has been pushed to its limits. The way people like yourself go on, you'd think there is a bottomless pit of money to cover all vague player types we may or may not need. Ironically, you say we 'need' a 'big powerful target man' - Luton don't have one, and they're doing just fine, oh, and we beat them 3-0, away...

I don't see how you can say he's costing us points, we've got two forwards on 8 goals already? Even without Jones and Andreu, there are goal scorers in the team. If he's getting involved in other ways, I'm quite happy for that to be his role. Most teams who play two strikers, there's typically one who scores the goals, and another who creates; space, chances etc. measuring his success by goals alone is flawed - but I'd agree it's an area he needs to improve on ASAP. I think he needs more time and he'll come good. The jump up from semi-pro to pro cannot be underestimated and had our main players had remained fit, I think he'd largely be used as a sub.
I’m confused, you start off saying you completely disagree with me, then pretty much echo everything I said, are you female by any chance?

BackRoomRummermill

1) A L2 Toni Kroos
2) A L2 Messi
3) A L2 Didier Drogba

Oh dear here we go again , we are not providing Training schemes for players , if you enter the arena you must be prepared , this starting slowly thing is ok but how slow is slow , or someone is not good enough ? He has had more than ample chance to prove himself , I would rather someoneelse was given a chance now by what ever means and this is a formation change then so be it. He is far from young he just is not good enough and lacking , yes he does the odd thing well and plod about but not good enough for a team that needs promotion.

Mucca Mad Boys

I’m confused, you start off saying you completely disagree with me, then pretty much echo everything I said, are you female by any chance?

I said I agree that he needs to improve the goal scoring aspect of his game. ‘Needs improvement’ and ‘not good enough’ do not mean the same thing.

You saying things like Jones’ hattrick ‘papering over the cracks’, is complete nonsense. Recruitment, with the resources we’ve got, over one transfer window has been very good. All the teams above us have been building teams over seasons. Bit of context is helpful.

Hobo

We all get that but who is available to bring in? Name some players rather than talk theory!

oucho

As I've said a few times before, a striker has to either score or provide for others.

If he's doing neither then he serves no purpose.

We all have to decide whether Biamou is providing opportunities for others or not, cos he clearly isn't scoring.

He did at Luton. Can we get him to do the same regularly? It's a team game afterall.

SkyBlueCRJ

We all get that but who is available to bring in? Name some players rather than talk theory!

Ryan Bird at Dover looks capable. Experienced, 6"3, has scored goals at League 2 level. Scored 11 goals so far in the National League. 6 months left on his current contract. Certainly fits the mould.

steve82

Ryan Bird at Dover looks capable. Experienced, 6"3, has scored goals at League 2 level. Scored 11 goals so far in the National League. 6 months left on his current contract. Certainly fits the mould.

No chance, he's having a Indian summer in his career at a level that suits his standard.

Been around the league two scene last few years his career and at 30 I doubt he's gonna kick on that bit more to be a huge success.

Besides we don't play to a style to suit a target man to feed off unless MR is suddenly gonna start asking his players to whip 15/20 crosses in a game.

Last edited:

SkyBlueCRJ

No chance, he's having a Indian summer in his career at a level that suits his standard.

Been around the league two scene last few years his career and at 30 I doubt he's gonna kick on that bit more to be a huge success.

Besides we don't play to a style to suit a target man to feed off unless MR is suddenly gonna start asking his players to whip 15/20 crosses in a game.

Then why are we starting Biamou? His only reputable skill is that he can win a header. 90% of the time it goes to the opposition but he still manages to win it. Why not take a chance on someone that does that same job but probably better. At least Bird has scored goals at our level.

steve82

Then why are we starting Biamou? His only reputable skill is that he can win a header. 90% of the time it goes to the opposition but he still manages to win it. Why not take a chance on someone that does that same job but probably better. At least Bird has scored goals at our level.

Because MR clearly likes the work Biamou does with his back to goal and linking play up he provides. Other than that his lead striking option is Beavon or a totally different style of striker in Ponticelli.

Yes the obvious thing on everyone's lips is he's not scoring and that's a concern we all share. I'm sure MR believes and hopes with every game that passes today's his day he can finally get that elusive league goal.

As for his headers it's up to the 3 other attacking players to take a gamble on if he wins it and it's likely direction it goes.

fatso

I said I agree that he needs to improve the goal scoring aspect of his game. ‘Needs improvement’ and ‘not good enough’ do not mean the same thing.

You saying things like Jones’ hattrick ‘papering over the cracks’, is complete nonsense. Recruitment, with the resources we’ve got, over one transfer window has been very good. All the teams above us have been building teams over seasons. Bit of context is helpful.
How the fuck did he manage to completely miss an open goal tonight, from 10 yards with the keeper beaten? No amount of improvement is going to make a striker out of this muppet, he’s just a guy in the wrong profession!
Oh, and winning the odd flick on to no one does not justify his place. He’s shite, end of!

eastwoodsdustman

What about in the first half where he got between their two attackers who were clean through to the left of goal and cleared the ball out.Stopped a certain goal. He works and presses the ball so well. I think a lot of people are actually starting to see his work rate and pressing.
For those calling for Nazon to play must have seen tonight in the 90th minute when Mcnulty was chasing the ball down over 40 yards between 3 players whilst Nazon watched him. Nazon had been on the pitch for all of 9 miutes whilst Mcnulty had played 90.

Mcbean

Yes he stopped a certain goal - had a mare with a couple of shots one on the wrong foot - full of energy and does not miss a header generally !

Nick

Administrator
Yes he stopped a certain goal - had a mare with a couple of shots one on the wrong foot - full of energy and does not miss a header generally !
Usually he doesn't miss headers, don't think he won one last night though

BackRoomRummermill

If he does it will pan out exactly as I called it , I am just amazed all the football 'experts' at the club and here did not see it sooner. He has not been unlucky or anything he just has not the ability or confidence on the pitch in match day competitions.

Users who are viewing this thread