Biamou Bets SBT vs Grendel (1 Viewer)

Londonccfcfan

Grendel is the devil's advocate.

All in all I do think it's interesting and made us think. It's a big season for Max. Just as it is for all the other players.

McNulty will want to prove himself in league 1.

Otis

Grendel is the devil's advocate.

All in all I do think it's interesting and made us think. It's a big season for Max. Just as it is for all the other players.

McNulty will want to prove himself in league 1.
Maybe we should have a £100 bet that McNulty will score 10 in League One. ;)

Bennosdancingfeet

I could never bet on my team or any of its players to fail.

I’ll admit, the second leg of the play-off I put £50 on Notts county to win. The lads at work thought I was mad but my explanation saying that if someone said to me give me £50 and Cov will be in the final I’d of snapped there hand off. If they lost I’d have a good month of going out to drown my sorrows.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Biamou came on leaps and bounds towards the end of the season and I was really pleased for him. He clearly cares a lot.

That said, he took a long time to get going and without being harsh it might be that League 1 is too much for him. I can see him playing a role but not as a striker with McNulty. He does a lot of good work but despite a flurry at the end, is probably not going to be a goal scorer we need to partner McNulty and power us up the table.

More than happy to proved wrong and I will support him, but I would never take this bet. Also, if he doesn't play enough games surely that would prove he isn't good enough?

The injury thing is something totally separate. I had a bet with @hill83 over Jodi Jones. I guess that was void cause he was out most of the season.

10/10 for the thread though 'Grenners'.

TomRad85

He's not as bad as you're making out, not at the end of the season anyway, but we'll certainly need better if we're to have a good go at league one.

Grendel

I am still waiting for a reply on my offer which I think is fair to both of us? I would gladly pay up to an animal charity as the owner of two dogs.

It’s separate and I’m considering it. I’ll firm up the actual bet in the morning.

Grendel

Maybe we should have a £100 bet that McNulty will score 10 in League One. ;)

I doubt you’d even be up for that and would want caveats

Johhny Blue

L
So where is my bet? I offered the whole 100. Or is it that you know I haven't lost one on here yet.
I thought mine was 20 but i’m ok with whatever.
FULL DiSCLOSURE
I’m not even sure he’ll score 10 but love the thread. As one of many that gave Grendal a hard time for his opinions this season I love the challange and the fact that he’s willing to put up charity money.
I did throw out a challange though if he lost but haven’t heard back.
See next thread

Johhny Blue

Ok I’ll take the 20.
I gave you a hard time this year but truly respect the “money where the mouth is” as there are lots of empty mouths on here.
I’ll pay the the twenty either way if you post
“ OK I was wrong” after the tenth goal
Well? And if the tenth goes in off his arse I don’t want any “buts”

Otis

I doubt you’d even be up for that and would want caveats
The whole point of the thread is for you to prove you're right isn't it?

You will only be proved right if Biamou plays and fails.

I find the whole bet floored.

Biamou is a 1 goal in 3 striker at best and that's at the very best, so if he played the whole season that would equate to a maximum of 15 goals tops, but we all know he won't play anything like 46 games and a lot of the time will probably be on the bench.

I would say it is nigh on impossible for him to bag 10 goals, because he simply will not play enough games to bag 10 goals.

It's totally floored. If the target is 10 goals it has to be based on a minimum of 30 appearances.

The bloke is only going to get 10 goals plus if he plays the vast majority of the season and you know that and it will be all but certain that Robins will be looking for a new striker anyway.

And the McNulty bet is daft too, as he is almost certain to get 10 goals next season, whoever he plays for. Certainly doesn't need any caveats, while the other one is totally floored without them being in place.

torchomatic

Grendel

Grendel

Stick me down for a pitiful five pounds ;)

As it happens, don't think he will get 10 league goals, and don't think if he fails that automatically means he's had a bad season either but hey, it's for charity and all that, and I can risk a fiver on the offchance Grendel has to pay up ;)

(You including any play-off games as 'league'?)

Perfect charity if you lose

The Conservative Party Foundation

itsabuzzard

The whole point of the thread is for you to prove you're right isn't it?

You will only be proved right if Biamou plays and fails.

I find the whole bet floored.

Biamou is a 1 goal in 3 striker at best and that's at the very best, so if he played the whole season that would equate to a maximum of 15 goals tops, but we all know he won't play anything like 46 games and a lot of the time will probably be on the bench.

I would say it is nigh on impossible for him to bag 10 goals, because he simply will not play enough games to bag 10 goals.

It's totally floored. If the target is 10 goals it has to be based on a minimum of 30 appearances.

The bloke is only going to get 10 goals plus if he plays the vast majority of the season and you know that and it will be all but certain that Robins will be looking for a new striker anyway.

And the McNulty bet is daft too, as he is almost certain to get 10 goals next season, whoever he plays for. Certainly doesn't need any caveats, while the other one is totally floored without them being in place.
Floored? Shag pile or lino?

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Otis

I am now going to keep using the 'only using one eye' excuse until hell freezes over.

Nick

Administrator
Who goes quiet when Biamou scores decent goals or tries to put it down to JCH "working" defenders and them being tired?

Otis

Who goes quiet when Biamou scores decent goals or tries to put it down to JCH "working" defenders and them being tired?
Like the borders of Luxembourg, that's a very weak defence there me thinks.

Last edited:

itsabuzzard

Biamou has made great strides this season; no reason to think he can't continue that progress. The contribution of team players is often underplayed and their value is only realised when cohesion collapses and the perceived "better" players are at a loss, despite their individual abilities. Not convinced about JCH.

Otis

The better bet would surely be who gets the best goals per game ratio out of him and JCH this season?
Yes, good call. Either that or a ratio of goals per games for Biamou, such as, he needs to score 1 in 3 or 1 in 3.5 games.

Much fairer shout.

NortonSkyBlue

The better bet would surely be who gets the best goals per game ratio out of him and JCH this season?
Surely the best thing would be hope that both Max and JCH have great seasons and we continue to rise?
The premise of betting on the failure of one of our players is negative. Better to say if strikers collectively score 30 goals then a charity gets 30 of your lovely pounds. I'm in.

Nick

Administrator
Surely the best thing would be hope that both Max and JCH have great seasons and we continue to rise?
The premise of betting on the failure of one of our players is negative. Better to say if strikers collectively score 30 goals then a charity gets 30 of your lovely pounds. I'm in.

It isn't betting on the failure, it is saying one will score more than the other per game.

I'd say McNulty will score more than either if with us.

NorthernWisdom

Surely the GPG bet's who's least successful though, rather than who fails?

(A bit like who gets most goals per game, Messi or Ronaldo? Ronaldo's after a move btw...)

itsabuzzard

Careful Nick, you'll be accused of creating a level playing field. No need for myriad caveats, either.

Users who are viewing this thread