Biamou Bets SBT vs Grendel (1 Viewer)

Bennosdancingfeet

The lad doesn't deserve all this! I just hope he doesn't read the forum. It would be a real confidence downer after such a major contribution in the playoffs. Who's to say he can't perform in league one when he's never played in the league? Is there such a huge difference between league one and two anyway? Who knows he could continue to improve and exceed expectations. Robins continues to see something in him and has my absolute faith when selecting a winning team!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn’t he the only black striker to score against a league 1 team this season already ???

Last edited:

Evo1883

Mcnulty is the real hero , Marc mcnulty .
Biamou turned good towards the end of the season and his contribution was noted and the praise thoroughly deserved , but he took way too long to get into the swing .
That being said I’d happily give him another season as a squad player but to push up league 1 ideally we need a better target man .

But I repeat all this talk about biamou but nobody barely talks about the real hero of our campaign , Marc mcnulty

SKYBLUES90

You wont find 1 negative post about McNulty and there have been far more shut thrown at him in here than I have about Buamou

I'll give you that one, Its funny though just having a scroll through some of your posts...Mainly out of boredom! You go very quiet when he has a good game.

You have a lot of hate against Biamou, has he done something to you?

Bennosdancingfeet

Personally I think he will struggle for game time but if he was to leave, I’d never have a bad word to say against him on the basis of his performance away at Notts county.

The early goal settled us and being at Wembley on Monday was down to a huge contribution from him.

Otis

Has to be caveats surely.

Isn't the whole argument, Grendel, that you think he isn't good enough? Surely if he gets a serious injury and only manages to play say 2 games nothing has been proven.

Think it has to be based on a number of games played. He may not even get picked at all and sometimes that is because someone claims a place and holds that place down. Look at McDonald. Can now not get in the side for love nor money.

If the point is to prove that Biamou is not good enough he has to play and fail doesn't he?

Otis

And if you don't want charities to be deprived of money, just encourage people to give money to charity.

Grendel

And if you don't want charities to be deprived of money, just encourage people to give money to charity.

The first guy said he’d put the £100 with no caveats. I’m saying you can spend a pitiful five pounds and I can be spending £100 and you bleat about caveats.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Given I’ve offended I request to be banned from the forum.
Edited for you.

giphy.gif

Otis

If he's as shit as you claim you'll include cup games too.
No he won't. He's being a bit of an arse.

I'm not convinced Biamou will play that often unfortunately. Think he might be just a bit player from the bench. If that's the case he'll never score 10 goals.

The bet should be fairer. That doesn't have to deflect from any money given to charity. An agreement can be put in place to give to the charities anyway.

Otis

The thread is called 'Who is right on Biamou?'

Grendel thinks he is poor. If he wins the bet he will say he was right and proven right and will feel he is justified because he has won the bet, thus proving Biamou isn't good enough, even though it could be that Biamou is out all season through injury.

I wouldn't take such a bet, but then I am not at all convinced that Biamou will score 10.

David O'Day

The thread is called 'Who is right on Biamou?'

Grendel thinks he is poor. If he wins the bet he will say he was right and proven right and will feel he is justified because he has won the bet, thus proving Biamou isn't good enough, even though it could be that Biamou is out all season through injury.

I wouldn't take such a bet, but then I am not at all convinced that Biamou will score 10.

He is too scared to put an injury cavaet in there.

Just ban the c**t

Brighton Sky Blue

No he won't. He's being a bit of an arse.

I'm not convinced Biamou will play that often unfortunately. Think he might be just a bit player from the bench. If that's the case he'll never score 10 goals.

The bet should be fairer. That doesn't have to deflect from any money given to charity. An agreement can be put in place to give to the charities anyway.

You're probably right. For what it's worth, I don't see many past McNulty getting over 10 league goals. We have had the luxury of facing garbage defences week in week out and L1 defences won't be quite so generous.

As for G-making light of what people are willing to wager is scraping the barrel even for you.

NorthernWisdom

I’m saying you can spend a pitiful five pounds
Stick me down for a pitiful five pounds ;)

As it happens, don't think he will get 10 league goals, and don't think if he fails that automatically means he's had a bad season either but hey, it's for charity and all that, and I can risk a fiver on the offchance Grendel has to pay up ;)

(You including any play-off games as 'league'?)

Otis

Stick me down for a pitiful five pounds ;)

As it happens, don't think he will get 10 league goals, and don't think if he fails that automatically means he's had a bad season either but hey, it's for charity and all that, and I can risk a fiver on the offchance Grendel has to pay up ;)

(You including any play-off games as 'league'?)
Exactly right. Even if he plays all season and doesn't get 10 goals that doesn't prove his campaign will have been a poor one, or that he is a poor player.

Astute

The first guy said he’d put the £100 with no caveats. I’m saying you can spend a pitiful five pounds and I can be spending £100 and you bleat about caveats.
Who was that? I said I would put the £100 on. But with cup games. But will take whatever you will risk against me.

Biamou is getting better. You kept having a go at him as an inexperienced player. Now he is getting more experienced he is scoring goals. If he plays he will score. There isn't much difference between division 3 and Division four. The difference will be who Robins brings in. This is why it is a blind bet. It isn't because Biamou is as shit as you try to make out. I think he will start much stronger than last year.

SlowerThanPlatt

I'd forgotten how much of a nutjob he was. That thread was classic Skybluekid.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Didn’t he say he played professional football? And something about being able to watch every game live on TV even though there was no way of watching them?

Grendel

Edited for you.

giphy.gif

Yeah your one of the tossers who tried to tell me I wasn’t allowed to have an animal charity when I won a bet against you and I was some kind of lowlife for not picking a children’s charity

Classy

Grendel

Didn’t he say he played professional football? And something about being able to watch every game live on TV even though there was no way of watching them?

He played for cov sporting in the FA Cup and for clubs in Scotland including Ayr

He also made a faux pas on a game against bury which he claimed to watch at home but didn’t

Shouldn’t be banned - was comedy gold when on form

It was an act - he wasn’t as stupid as he claimed to be

Otis

Who was that? I said I would put the £100 on. But with cup games. But will take whatever you will risk against me.

Biamou is getting better. You kept having a go at him as an inexperienced player. Now he is getting more experienced he is scoring goals. If he plays he will score. There isn't much difference between division 3 and Division four. The difference will be who Robins brings in. This is why it is a blind bet. It isn't because Biamou is as shit as you try to make out. I think he will start much stronger than last year.
Exactly.

Biamou may be down the pecking order, but that will be because we bring in someone better, not because he is not good enough.

Surely you always try and bring in the best players you can to the club.

Look at the benches of Man City and Chelsea. They have players not playing for them who are clearly good enough to play, but there are players higher up the pecking order than them.

NorthernWisdom

Exactly.

Biamou may be down the pecking order, but that will be because we bring in someone better, not because he is not good enough.

Surely you always try and bring in the best players you can to the club.

Look at the benches of Man City and Chelsea. They have players not playing for them whomare clearly good enough to play, but there are players higher up the pecking order than them.
Just think though, when he picks up five goals in the last game to nudge up to 10.

I'd snigger.

Hobo

I am still waiting for a reply on my offer which I think is fair to both of us? I would gladly pay up to an animal charity as the owner of two dogs.

Johhny Blue

I’m not a gambling man, but if he’s not a starter, I doubt he’ll hit 10 goals. So if I was a gambler, I wouldn’t take the bet.

Also, when strikers like Marquis who got 26 goals in L2 last year, or Williams who got 12, managing 1 goal in 13... the odds don’t look good.

I think he’ll manage about 5-8 goals, it’s dependent on how well we do ourselves!
Now i’m really worried about my 20

Users who are viewing this thread