Best TV shows or movies you can recommend (5 Viewers)

skyblue1991

Friday Night Dinner is an easy watch and is available for free on All 4

I watch The Hunger Games for the first time last night on 5Star, really enjoyed it! Going to watch the second film in the series tonight

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Sbarcher

Just binge-watched the final series of Game of Thrones (series 8) again. Found it much better this time round than when it was first shown.

ovduk78

Just started After Life after being brainwashed by Ricky Gervais' Twitter feed.

Just finished Season 1 and it's absolutely brilliant. Can't remember a show I've laughed and cried so much in quick succession.
I never laughed so much at the use of the c word! Season 2 is also brilliant, I thought it would be difficult to actually follow season 1, more great use of the c word too!

Otis

I really like it too, but the one thing I don't like is the C word.

Mind, I really dislike that word anyway.

The only time I laughed with it was with the bully kid in the school playground.

Ian1779

Just binge-watched the final series of Game of Thrones (series 8) again. Found it much better this time round than when it was first shown.
I’m glad you did at least. I’m still raging nearly 2 years later. Re-reading the books in the comfort that surely GRRM won’t fuck it like those 2 clowns did.

Paxman II

I really like it too, but the one thing I don't like is the C word.

Mind, I really dislike that word anyway.

The only time I laughed with it was with the bully kid in the school playground.

Yeah After Life is pretty good whether Ricky Gervais is your cup of tea or not. Very clever and surreal funny. Must admit bad language can spoil a good thing sometimes, but they get away with it here.
Rather like many of todays comedians who get a laugh evry time they use the word fuck, like in of itself was somehow funny?

pastythegreat

So I'm off work for 2 weeks due to holiday being cancelled even though working from home,

Nothing to do so drop some suggestions I'm in 3 days in and bored shitless.
If you're in to your Marvel, get on Disney+ as WandaVision drops tomorrow. If you're not in to Marvel then get on Disney+ and get them all watched, you're missing out.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

pastythegreat

I've just began watching Shameless again from the start.

You forget how much happens in that first series!!
Been quit smoking 10 years now, but whenever I watch Peaky Blinders or Shameless I always get a proper hankering for a fag

fernandopartridge

I've just began watching Shameless again from the start.

You forget how much happens in that first series!!
First serious or two were great but it went downhill after that. Also didn't work when they stopped filming on the estate. The estate is West Gorton in Manchester by the way, you can see it on the right hand side if your train approaches Piccadilly from the south. Quite close to the Etihad.

Ian1779

Watched Brave New World on Sky. I enjoyed it with some good performances (including the delightfully beautiful Jessica Brown Findlay)

It didn’t get much positivity elsewhere and I saw they cancelled it after 1 season which was a shame.

Terry_dactyl

If you're in to your Marvel, get on Disney+ as WandaVision drops tomorrow. If you're not in to Marvel then get on Disney+ and get them all watched, you're missing out.

I’m not massively into marvel but this looks really good.

chiefdave

If you're in to your Marvel, get on Disney+ as WandaVision drops tomorrow.
Disney+ is well worth a subscription IMO. As well as the Disney, Pixar Star Wars and Marvel stuff there's a ton of documentaries from National Geographic. They've got a new 'channel' starting next month as well, Star, which will have things like 24, Lost, X-Files, basically anything from 20th Century Fox.

Also rumours they're going to make a big play for sports rights. Star in Asia already has the cricket, including IPL and they have ESPN in the states. Could end up needing Sky, BT, Amazon and Disney subscriptions to watch Premier League!

Sky_Blue_Daz

Thinking of rewatching The sopranos , prior to the new film coming out

Terry_dactyl

It’s not quite as good as The Wire, but it certainly comes close!

As a newcomer and fresh pair of eyes to Breaking Bad it’ll be interesting to see what you think of Series 3 episode 10 (“Fly”), which is probably the most discussed and contentious (amongst viewers) episode of the show. And that isn’t a spoiler in anyway.
Finished BB last night. Christ! That last season set a different tone to the rest of the series.
I’m going to miss it.

clint van damme

Finished BB last night. Christ! That last season set a different tone to the rest of the series.
I’m going to miss it.

Have you seen Better call Saul? Breaking bad prequel.
It's about Saul Goodman before he was Saul Goodman but also tells the pre breaking bad story of a few of the other characters particularly Mike.

Not everyone liked it but I think it's really good. The next series will be the last.

Terry_dactyl

Have you seen Better call Saul? Breaking bad prequel.
It's about Saul Goodman before he was Saul Goodman but also tells the pre breaking bad story of a few of the other characters particularly Mike.

Not everyone liked it but I think it's really good. The next series will be the last.
Mike, Saul and Gus were my favourites in BB. My daughter is on at me to watch Better Call Saul so will look at this.
She’s also on about the film El Camino, which I think is about Jessie and Todd?

clint van damme

Mike, Saul and Gus were my favourites in BB. My daughter is on at me to watch Better Call Saul so will look at this.
She’s also on about the film El Camino, which I think is about Jessie and Todd?

I've not seen El Camino. I ned to get it watched.

LastGarrison

First serious or two were great but it went downhill after that. Also didn't work when they stopped filming on the estate. The estate is West Gorton in Manchester by the way, you can see it on the right hand side if your train approaches Piccadilly from the south. Quite close to the Etihad.
Yeah completely agree but when you haven't watched them first series' for a while you forget how raw and cutting edge it was for the time!

It has also stood the test of time considering it first aired in 2004. :oops:

Kneeza

Trying to recall what 'The Fly' was about. Gonna have to look it up
Better Call Saul was excellent too, and not to be missed if you watched Bad.
Camino, perhaps not quite so much.

baldy

Currently on a rewatch of NYPD Blue after first watching it back in the early 90s when it came out originally - absolutely superb (Denis Franz is such a brilliant actor)
As has been said,I’d definitely recommend The Sopranos too...one of the best TV shows ever,every episode’s like a movie in its own right (interestingly,there’s loads of Sopranos cast members that pop up in NYPD too)
Planning to do a rewatch of E.R after I’ve finished NYPD (I’m only on season 5 though & there’s 12 seasons to watch)

Kneeza

DNA and alike have moved on so well,I’m sure he would’ve been caught earlier
Yes, indubitably. That's the whole thrust of the dramatization - to illustrate the massive advances in the sciences between the time this bastard stalked the earth and the time he was finally brought to book.
And boy, does it deliver? Incredibly well done TV. Congrats to ITV.

Users who are viewing this thread