Best TV shows or movies you can recommend

Philosorapter

Aug 7, 2013
But is the second episode of the first series better than the first episode of the second series?
Im personally waiting for this to fill my screen.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Mar 20, 2011
Just watched a documentary on Netflix about the cheese rolling competition in Gloucester
It’s called we are the champions, give it a watch it’s brilliant

I didnt realise it’s a whole series just on the chilli pepper eating contest

Last edited:

dubed

Aug 14, 2012
A bit random this, but in 1993 the London revival of Cabaret was shown on TV, and is available to watch on YT. It's a much more earthy, gritty version than the glitzy film version starring Liza Minnelli and Joel Grey, and which didn't do a lot for me. Alan Cumming stars as the Emcee, and what a captivating job he did/does!

If you have a quality ninety-odd minutes to allow yourself to be absorbed in the plot, give it a go.

Here's the YT link to the 1993 London Revival in full

and here's the (abridged) opening scene for the 1998 Broadway revival, with Alan Cumming, for which the production picked up a Tony Award.

Last edited:

Great_Expectations

Mar 18, 2011
Just finished the new (ish) season of Bosch, and my partner and I are watching The Undoing, but the next episode isn’t out until Monday. So I need two shoes (!); a me show and an us show.

Thinking of trying Lucifer, always wrote it off as a cheesy American chick flick type, but reviews are pretty good. Need something else gritty to really get into, The Wire esque (big ask I know).

clint van damme

May 3, 2015
Just watched a documentary on Netflix about the cheese rolling competition in Gloucester
It’s called we are the champions, give it a watch it’s brilliant

I didnt realise it’s a whole series just on the chilli pepper eating contest
Just watched the one about the cheese rolling.
I've long been of the opinion that those worm charmers are wrong uns' this programme did nothing to change that