Best City XI of all-time (Left-back) (1 Viewer)

east_midlands_skyblue

My vote would be Stephen Warnock... wasn't here long at all but I think I'm right in saying he won Player lf the Year? Froggatt would be a close 2nd but much preferred him on the left wing.

Started watching mid 90s.

67tuck

There's a technical issue with 'Stephen Warnock' does he qualify ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Covstu

If we are saying full career then Pearce would get it but if it's just for our club the babb gets my shout

Moff

Thought Babb was an excellent left back, but my vote goes to Stuart Pearce.

Even in his season and a half with us he was a good classy player in what was a poor team. His debut at home against QPR (I think) was unbelievable, great tackling, distibution, and effort, especially as a few weeks before he had been playing non league, and he stepped up to the top league perfectly.

Rusty Trombone

Tough one for me, I remember thinking Fox and Warnock were good, but Downs played more games, all at a higher level. So although I have no distinct memory of him being great he must have been a decent player, probably just lost amongst the general greatness, so he's getting my vote.

80's.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Never seen Pearce myself so will have to go with the best I've seen IMO.

Danny Fox

90's

rupert_bear

Reference Stuart Pearce we were well and truly mugged by those pair of crafty foxes Clough and Taylor. They bid £300& for Ian Butterworth and we were haggling and dragging our feet when master negotiator Peter Taylor said bung in Stuart Pearce and we'll up the offer to £400k so In effect they got Pearce for a 100000 quid and within a year flogged Butterworth to Norwich for £400k ever been had or what !! Not just SISU shite at running a football club

bezzer

Only one winner, Pearce 80's.
Very raw when he arrived and some of his tackles were definitely non League! But you could see the talent was there. A special player.

But honorable mentions to Cattlin and McDonald in the 70's

Buster

I'd wager. most supporters old enough to see MacDonald and Pearce would go for MacDonald for sheer reliability . Nobody got by him!

wingy

I'd wager. most supporters old enough to see MacDonald and Pearce would go for MacDonald for sheer reliability . Nobody got by him!

Are either of these to in the FPA. would be good to see them down here on legends day

dongonzalos

This is a thread about best left backs - not worst.

To be fair spotting quality in a left back has never been a strength of yours.....

31 Oct 2015 - Today's Man of the Match chosen by today's match sponsors is.... Chris Hussey. 4 -3

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread