Best City XI of All-time (CM) (3 Viewers)

Hobo

I'd say Speedie, but he was more of an attacking midfielder/second striker...so, naturally, McAllister for playmaker, and I'll go for the less conventional choice of Trond Egil Soltvedt as the ball-winning, grafting holding midfielder.

So, McAllister, Soltvedt. 80's

I'm going purely on players I've seen actually play.

Soltvedt? Emerson, Mortimer, Robson, Yorath and Boateng were all better ball winners and when it comes to distribution he wasn't on the same chapter let alone the same page.

oscillatewildly

I didn't pick Wise because I don't feel he played enough games for us to warrant inclusion.

Just 13 appearances for us.
That's a fair point Otis. In fact I didn't (couldn't) ever include Robbie Keane as a striking option in any City dream team based on a self imposed criteria of any player having had to have played for us for at least two seasons (or equivalent) I think I was criticised for that as well. Cheers :(

Otis

Whats the qualification criteria for you then Otis?

minimum 1 season?
No, not at all, but I do feel a player can play well for a few games and then have a bad run of form.

Easier for a player to put a run of say 10 good performances as against a whole season of them.

Just think 13 is too few to truly prove yourself, but I do accept that it is Dennis Wise and he had a fantastic pedigree.

Just think if you are picking the best ever City players they should have at least proved themselves over a period of time, rather than a very short spell.

Each and every to their own though and that was just my criteria.

I think the one player I chose who had hadn't played so many games for us was Stuart Pearce and that was 52 and I know some posters thought that was too few.

stupot07

Boateng and McAllister

80s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Londonccfcfan

That's a fair point Otis. In fact I didn't (couldn't) ever include Robbie Keane as a striking option in any City dream team based on a self imposed criteria of any player having had to have played for us for at least two seasons (or equivalent) I think I was criticised for that as well. Cheers :(

Tricky one. I guess it's not all about the number of games or seasons.

For me it's the impact the player makes at the club.

Robbie Keane for me one full season is worth so much more. The sheer impact he made throughout the club and world! We showcased him in the premier league. When other clubs dilly dallied about spending 6 million on a 18 year old we did it. Then sold him for 12m! 15 years ago.

That year was some of the best football ever witnessed. With him in our side we knew one chance against anyone he would score. outrageous talent.

Privileged. From the moment he was sold it was Downward spiral.

mechaishida

Soltvedt? Emerson, Mortimer, Robson, Yorath and Boateng were all better ball winners and when it comes to distribution he wasn't on the same chapter let alone the same page.

Um, I'm going on who I've seen play? Hence the disclaimer at the bottom of thine quoted postage? :D

Users who are viewing this thread