Ben Wilson (1 Viewer)

Saddlebrains

I got called 'twatty' for claiming Shipley is shit so here's the other side of the coin.

Well done Ben Wilson. Comfortable in the air, decent shot stopper and plays it out well. Impressed by him so far and long may it continue

Blind-Faith

Only 2 games but I’m more confident with him between the sticks than marosi. Not so many heart in my mouth moments messing around with it at the back. Also seems to command his area better and is very quick off his line

AFCCOVENTRY

Only 2 games but I’m more confident with him between the sticks than marosi. Not so many heart in my mouth moments messing around with it at the back. Also seems to command his area better and is very quick off his line

Exactly. Fair play to the lad. Had to wait a long time for his chance and it’s for Marosi when he comes back to try and regain the shirt.

larry_david

Done really well so far. Has to prove this consistently now and ensure he keeps his concentration but yeah, actually confident on crosses is a huge plus

CCFCSteve

He’s really impressed me so far. Confident in coming for crosses, quick off his line, decent enough with ball at his feet. Let’s hope it continues as he looks a good young keeper

bawtryneal

Early days but 9 out of 10 Ben Wilson
Keep it up as the next 4 weeks are crucial and we must reduce "individual errors"
Aled Williams should take some credit as well.

Sky Blue Harry H

I got called 'twatty' for claiming Shipley is shit so here's the other side of the coin.

Well done Ben Wilson. Comfortable in the air, decent shot stopper and plays it out well. Impressed by him so far and long may it continue

Agree re: Ben Wilson - done really well.

Agree with you being called twatty for calling any of our players shit...

rhino1002

one thing that Wilson is so much better at than Marosi is catching the ball above his head
i like Marosi but he scares me to death when a cross comes into the 6 yard box

chiefdave

The way people were going on when Marosi was injured I was expecting Wilson to be terrible but not really done anything wrong so far.

The Philosopher

Agree with most of this, good so far on crosses, distribution, off his line quickly; he just gives me the jitters when he lets the ball roll dangerously towards the goal line. There are going to be managers who watch the match videos back and pick up on this. Expect opposing centre forwards to really press him on back passes near the line from now on.

Despite that minor issue, he’s done well. Marosi may be out of the team for a long while and psychologically may change - will he want to put his head in the way of a boot to claim a save from now on? Will he wear a Cech style head guard? Who knows.

TomRad85

The way people were going on when Marosi was injured I was expecting Wilson to be terrible but not really done anything wrong so far.
I thought he'd be a disaster, was only going off the small snippets I'd seen which didn't give me confidence at all. It may still all go to shit but its been a good start for him and long may it continue.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Harry H

Why's he not allowed to call players shit? Fans have been calling their own players shit for years, its normal.

From my perspective, we've been building bridges with the players (via supporters clubs etc) and while I might prefer one player to another (and yes, I think that Shippers should be dropped at the moment) I'm not prepared to call one of those players shit or turn on him. Part of the reason the club has turned around has been the bond built with supporters. I've travelled on the coach around the country with Shippers' dad and granddad, so feel for them (and us) when he's not performing. Regardless, even if it was a player I didn't know so well, what merit is there calling Fadz a donkey, Sheaf crap etc etc. If it is constructive - wanting Bapaga instead of Max, because he's got more pace, or McCallum instead of Giles, because he's better in the air, 4 at the back because etc etc, fair enough.....but just saying 'they're shit......no (and yet I agree, Shippers needs to learn how to tackle properly, otherwise he's going to struggle at this level)

TomRad85

From my perspective, we've been building bridges with the players (via supporters clubs etc) and while I might prefer one player to another (and yes, I think that Shippers should be dropped at the moment) I'm not prepared to call one of those players shit or turn on him. Part of the reason the club has turned around has been the bond built with supporters. I've travelled on the coach around the country with Shippers' dad and granddad, so feel for them (and us) when he's not performing. Regardless, even if it was a player I didn't know so well, what merit is there calling Fadz a donkey, Sheaf crap etc etc. If it is constructive - wanting Bapaga instead of Max, because he's got more pace, or McCallum instead of Giles, because he's better in the air, 4 at the back because etc etc, fair enough.....but just saying 'they're shit......no (and yet I agree, Shippers needs to learn how to tackle properly, otherwise he's going to struggle at this level)
I doubt Shipley reads this though. If someone was direct messaging him calling him shit I'd agree, but on here... meh

Magwitch

Good comments on Ben Wilson but just wait until his first clanger, there will be one and the gouls and knockers will be out in force.

Happy_Martian

I was concerned after Wilson's performances last year, albeit only in cup competitions. However, I've been pleasantly surprised and impressed with his showing so far. And I would bet that Marosi may have to sit on the bench when he returns unless Wilson has a really bad patch of form.

ccfcricoh

I was worried by Wilson but must admit, i've been very impressed.

Marosi will need to earn his shirt back at this rate as opposed to walking back in, cant be a bad thing

RegTheDonk

He's been OK, only a couple of games so far but no real calamaty jane moments yet. I get we like to play it from the back, but hope he doesn't get a Columbian mentality of dribbling with the ball.

TomRad85

Fair enough, just a personal point of view.
The Sheaf stuff was different, people were calling him shit because they didn't like his attitude, whatever that meant. Was ridiculous... moronic even. Shipley is being called shit off the back of playing like an absolute plank, several times actually.

rob9872

Done what he needed to do and been good so far, Incidentally Ships scored against Luton really early on so you'd likely have been lauding him at the same point.

fwiw you weren't labelled a twat for calling a player shit, your opinion and perfectly entitled. The twat label was that your first post after a dramatic late equaliser was not of elation or even relief but to dig a player out on it's own new thread and one we've been over before. If you'd been more balanced I wouldn't have bitten.

Saddlebrains

Done what he needed to do and been good so far, Incidentally Ships scored against Luton really early on so you'd likely have been lauding him at the same point.

fwiw you weren't labelled a twat for calling a player shit, your opinion and perfectly entitled. The twat label was that your first post after a dramatic late equaliser was not of elation or even relief but to dig a player out on it's own new thread and one we've been over before. If you'd been more balanced I wouldn't have bitten.

Fair response, taken onboard

Adge

Hopefully continues in the same vein. Lets not forget it’s only 2 games.

Users who are viewing this thread