Transfer Rumour Ben Sheaf (5 Viewers)

Malaka

To be honest, I'm past caring and giving a fuck about whether or not Sheaf comes to us.

Hadji's_Goatee

Say we do get Walsh, which midfield 2 would you play?
I'd play them all!!

A box midfield of Sheaf, Hamer, Walsh, O'hare!

He's Scouse Messi so he can play AM and they can all rotate – we'd be almost unplayable!!

If Walsh is Messi, who would be Busquests, Xavi and Iniesta?

Skybluedownunder

Still without a club isn't he? I was googling him yesterday and only seen him linked with L1 teams, is he good enough?

Yeah still without a club. Ipswich and Sunderland keen on him. Scored 6 goals from LWB last season at Ipswich and set up a few too. At one point I think Everton had high hopes for him to be Leighton Baines successor but now obviously they have Digne

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hadji's_Goatee

Magwitch's magic 3 prediction :eek:

Winny the Bish

So: assuming this is done. If Callum Wilson goes for £30m tomorrow and we get £3-4m to spend. Where would people spend it?

I honestly can't identify a position. Maybe a young keeper but that's not £4m worth. I'd be tempted to say pay the bills and/or save it for the future. When was the last time you could say that about a CCFC squad? I honestly can't remember it in my lifetime.
Save it for January, reassess what's needed then, and take a look for a long-term LWB, long-term replacement for McFadz, and throw £200k at Bristol City for a Liam Walsh with only 6 months left on his contract. I'm annoyed Rob Dickie's already gone to QPR as he would've been perfect.

SeaSeeEffCee

Magwitch's magic 3 prediction :eek:

Might be a bit more impressive had he not named the two players we were most publicly linked with at the time...

Grendel

For me it would be Garner all the way. Just found a page on insta where Doncaster fans were saying would you want Sheaf back and they all said nah no thanks he’s shit

Plus his whole attitude and wage demands have pissed me off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is his attitude and wage demands?

Monty

What is his attitude and wage demands?
I believe he has a positive attitude towards receiving wages.

I think the sticking point was whether he would accept payment of 100 free bets a week from Boyle (which cannot be used on football) rather than the more traditional method of receiving payment into your bank account, how this has been resolved we will never know, but I have heard rumours of a bag of Haribo been the pivotal point

Grendel

You’ve literally linked to a guy posting in response to “all the Marosi knockers” and “doubters”

There are always doubters for every player it’s the same as they didn’t rate this Sheaf guy. Fact is fans are often divided on players and some of the comments in reverse on here are equally as embarrassing and hardly suggest superior knowledge

Mucca Mad Boys

You’ve literally linked to a guy posting in response to “all the Marosi knockers” and “doubters”

Some of the comments on there were eerily similar to some of the stuff we said about Burge.

For example:

‘What makes Lawler the better keeper is his distribution imo.
Marosi constantly puts us under pressure by throwing the ball out to a player with an opponent behind him. He does it every game and never seems to learn from it. He also doesn’t command his six yard box enough for me and is very hesitant on collecting corners.
Lawler comes out for crosses and corners better than Marosi but punches the ball far too much when a keeper of his height and stature should be catching the ball. Having said that Marosi is an excellent shot stopper and yes has made some outstanding saves this season.’

And:

‘Personally think lawlor just gives the defence on a whole more stability and confidence whilst marosi is a better shot stopper. I would like to see stats on shots faced etc as just feel we are more comfortable when lawlor is in goal.’

Finally:

‘Marosi has been bloody awful on more occasions than Lawlor imo.’

Another comment linked a poll in which 55% of respondents preferred their other keeper to Marosi.

But, in fairness, a lot of the comments were positive. What this does show is that Marosi had his detractors at Donny. Which probably highlights the increased scrutiny of being a young keeper coming into the team.

djr8369

Keogh and Baker were also signings from League 1 I think. Gunnarsson also fitted in with the young European based player with potential type we are also looking at, so a bit like Hamer.
I remember Gunnar coming on in a friendly at the Ricoh the pre-season he signed. A rough diamond but my god you could see there was a player there. Ever since then new signings and preseason friendlies felt a lore more exciting.

Last edited:

fatso

Just a thought, but could sheaf’s signing all hinge on Callum Wison’s Departure from Bournemouth?
It would explain the ridiculous drawn out saga.

Gibbo

Right, that is the three most obvious gaps that needed filling all plugged - central defence, central midfield and striker - Ostgard, Sheaf and Walker. Time to put the cheque book away and build the team.

Users who are viewing this thread