Transfer Rumour Ben Sheaf (4 Viewers)

mark82

Maybe it a loan initially due to financial fair play rules.
We’ve already spent more money than we expected sisu to spend, so a loan for 12 months makes sense.

We get a good £5m more in basic award & solidarity payment compared to league one (£6.8m Vs approx £1.5m). Makes a big difference. Goes up to about £85m if you make the premier league.

Evo1883

We get a good £5m more in basic award & solidarity payment compared to league one (£6.8m Vs approx £1.5m). Makes a big difference. Goes up to about £85m if you make the premier league.

85 mill pffft small change, but it's actually 100 mill minimum 😮 then a guaranteed 70 million over 3 years if you're relegated

andrew.roberts

Please excuse me if I've missed something but has it actually been confirmed ?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Porkchophill

Another part of the jigsaw , fits the type of player we need good pedigree . And not having to fork out till next season seems a really good bit of business to me

shmmeee

Have people forgotten we sold McCallum and got promoted?

There’s definitely been some minor investment, likely spent on wages. I’d guess Walker at around £1m, and Hamer around £1.3m, which is less than we got for McCallum. Maybe loan fees for the three loanees?

Grendel

Have people forgotten we sold McCallum and got promoted?

There’s definitely been some minor investment, likely spent on wages. I’d guess Walker at around £1m, and Hamer around £1.3m, which is less than we got for McCallum. Maybe loan fees for the three loanees?

We will have received a lot less than a million up front for McCallum

Grendel

I know for a fact we got £1.5m

Didnt the commercial manager of Norwich at the time say it was a lot less than a million upfront?

Grendel

Perhaps. Perhaps we paid less than I’ve guessed for ours too. How much do you reckon the owners have put in this window?

Its impossible to say. We have TV money which is really significant versus last year and also I assume what’s put in is interest bearing loans which will be from the master fund

Remember The last accounts clearly show interest from referrals of over a million was claimed back. It’s hard to believe this strategy has reversed

After all they need to fund £30 million plus for a new ground which I’m sure they are factoring in their long term Strategy

SlowerThanPlatt

Wonder show my h mcallum worth now if he had stayed. 5m?

We needed the money and will always need the money as long as our current situation remains the same - any talk of us holding out for these big Championship fees if any of our players are good enough is dream talk until we establish ourselves in this division

Magwitch

If it is a loan with a view to buy I wonder if financial fair play is a reason not sure how that works and if there’s a difference in loaning than buying. Perhaps we are holding back the pennys for another.

Grendel

If it is a loan with a view to buy I wonder if financial fair play is a reason not sure how that works and if there’s a difference in loaning than buying. Perhaps we are holding back the pennys for another.

No it’s a case of pay if we stay up and not if we are relegated

cc84cov

If this is a loan possibly we may see another come in for a fee if not we have money to spend next window if needed

Grendel

This again...

The same as we won't have paid those outgoing sums in one up front fee either...

Well no as it’s possible as the top level headline fee is included to assume that is what we received - the published accounts in the end will reveal the truth

Mucca Mad Boys

What @Grendel said makes sense. But, you may have point too as the JCH deal was structured in such a way to work around FFP, iirc.

Deity

@betterdays .... if this proposed deal is correct I assume we have not only an exclusive option with Arsenal but the player is also obligated to join us too if we take up the option ??

shmmeee

@betterdays .... if this proposed deal is correct I assume we have not only an exclusive option with Arsenal but the player is also obligated to join us too if we take up the option ??

No one can force him to agree terms.

Magwitch

I would think the homework will have been done can’t see Sheafs agent leaving the player high and dry should he get a serious injury. There’s a reason for the deal to be done this way.

Magwitch

The only thing I heard was a deal for Sheaf was more or less agreed two or three weeks ago but signing Tyler Walker was the priority and there was a last minute problem with that deal by another club staking a late interest.

Users who are viewing this thread