Be careful out there, lads.... (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Astute

It's not about violence it's about the tribalism and adventure of going with a group of lads to another town or city and having a good laugh. If you get picked on you stand up for yourself but most the time it's a good day out

All part of an away day. You got it spot on. I always take the piss out of the natives. A lot of them are too thick in some places to notice. I can't believe I am looking forward to next season.

BTW who called me fat? I am 6'2" and 16st. I am not overweight but underheight :)

CCFC123

Got my Lyle & Scot roll neck , Sergio Tachini tracksuit top , massive Belcher chain hanging outside it , tight bleached jeans with Diadora trainers and my gold sovereign ring , ears pierced and looking the business ! Bring it on , let's take over some home terraces , god I loved the good old days

Those were the days!!! :D

Sisu_Cockroaches

Absolutely 100% bang on, Macca.

I have been to some Blues games with the Zulus....a quality day out....top set of lads, and a good day out.

Whether the PL-loving SKY-watching fans disapprove is not the issue, it's what thousands of lads do week in, week out....no harm in it whatsoever.....great escapism.

Escapism from what exactly, football violence is something most people go through in their late teens early twenties then grow out of it once the brain starts functioning. Dont get me wrong i have had my bans and been there but i was 20 mate. I have since got myself a life.

I thinks its pretty pathetic that you are a cov so called boy and are going on away days with zulu's licking their arses. It make cov look shit to be honest mate you saying that.

W

westcountry_skyblue

yes i was on one of those coaches they didnt know what had hit them,rememember their lads giving it large in the stand on the left till the stewards went for their halftime cuppa and we opened the gate and went on the gravel they soon shat themselves haha happy days!!!
I remember 3 coach loads of us stopping in Stow on the Wold on the way down, waiting for the pubs to open !!

Brighton Sky Blue

Escapism from what exactly, football violence is something most people go through in their late teens early twenties then grow out of it once the brain starts functioning. Dont get me wrong i have had my bans and been there but i was 20 mate. I have since got myself a life.

I thinks its pretty pathetic that you are a cov so called boy and are going on away days with zulu's licking their arses. It make cov look shit to be honest mate you saying that.

I'm 21 and haven't got into a single fight at a game-nor has anyone else I know. Don't intend on starting either.

skybluelee

2003? Ish? If I remember rightly, we won 2-0...Bellamy getting one of the goals.

Year we went down. Fucking freezing it was. think Hadji got the other one. seems like a lifetime ago. Remember singing "we are premier league" for one of the last times. :-(

skybluelee

All part of an away day. You got it spot on. I always take the piss out of the natives. A lot of them are too thick in some places to notice. I can't believe I am looking forward to next season.

BTW who called me fat? I am 6'2" and 16st. I am not overweight but underheight :)

Because in Coventry the natives are much more intelligent than anywhere else...:facepalm:

thorninmyside

Can anyone remember a few years ago now last game of the season against leeds... their fans were on the pitch HR.

Our lot were all rushing down on to the pitch about 500 of ours. As our lot started giving it the 'come on' . . The leeds fans all turned and ran at our lot. Ill never forget the raw their fans made. And the scared Shitless city fans running off the pitch to the back of our stands. Hillarious.

The only time had a decent fight was when we played villa and it erupted on the pitch. . Ill always remember the photo on the sun of mackenna. With the words can you identify this man! ! The good old days eh even the young kids loved it. !

thorninmyside

If I may add these kids today running round outside the ricoh are a embarrasment to all good football thugs. If your gonna fight boys stop running off and stand your ground. Gives me saw neck

WeWillBeBack

If I may add these kids today running round outside the ricoh are a embarrasment to all good football thugs. If your gonna fight boys stop running off and stand your ground. Gives me saw neck
Who have you ever seen running around outide the ricoh, theres never any trouble at home!

LastGarrison

Can anyone remember a few years ago now last game of the season against leeds... their fans were on the pitch HR.

Our lot were all rushing down on to the pitch about 500 of ours. As our lot started giving it the 'come on' . . The leeds fans all turned and ran at our lot. Ill never forget the raw their fans made. And the scared Shitless city fans running off the pitch to the back of our stands. Hillarious.

The only time had a decent fight was when we played villa and it erupted on the pitch. . Ill always remember the photo on the sun of mackenna. With the words can you identify this man! ! The good old days eh even the young kids loved it. !

I dunno I can remember being on the pitch against Leeds and this big bear of a Leeds fan throwing haymakers only to be put on his arse by a Cov fan and then his head volleyed like a football. There was a fair bit of toing and froing and plenty of lads going at it. Cov certainly didn't flap it as you make out.

However, this isn't the 70's and 80's anymore and you have to say the Old Bill have done a very good job at nullifying the problems at football. CCTV has massively helped as have banning orders etc.

I think you will see a few more scuffles next season due to visiting old grounds and places that we haven't visited in years but it certainly isn't going to be like a scene from The Warriors!

I do however love some of the cliches that come out on threads like this though. :claping hands:

W

westcountry_skyblue

Brentford and Leyton Orient look like good London days out!!!

Astute

Ditto for me and I'm 36. Can't belive some of the stuff posted on this thread, it's cringeworthy. Grow the feck up please!

Maybe if you were slightly older or went to games a few years earlier you would not have made that comment, especially at away games. It was not looking for it but trying to get to and from the game in one piece.

Macca

In fairness we are mainly talking about good days out at proper football grounds versus sitting down in soulless plastic bowls next to some bloke like the arsenal fan on the fast show. Serious football trouble is dead.

2 games with some mates from Brum.....calm down, laddie....:facepalm:

Oh, so you are only allowed to have mates who follow Cov?

To be honest, I'm not too taken with the family-day-out, face-painting, mascot-hugging, SKY-watching, scarf-wearing, corporate prawn-sandwich-munching, modern day fan....but I let you lot get on with it....

In fact, you promoting a family image of Cov makes us look shit as well to be honest....in my opinion.....:thinking about:

By the way, I am not a so-called boy...just follow my team, choosing to take the non-club coach travel as an option, and not drinking in the pubs the OB want us to drink in.

In many ways, your modern-day definition of football has ruined the game just as much - if not more - than the issues witnessed in the 70s/80s......:facepalm:

SISU cockroach, is a drop of Rioja or Pino Grigio your favourite pre-match tipple?

Do you drink your glass of wine with your little finger on your drinking hand raised in the air?

Do you read the Guardian at half time?

Ah...the modern day football fan....got to love 'em....:facepalm:

Just wondered.....;)

rob9872

2 games with some mates from Brum.....calm down, laddie....:facepalm:

Oh, so you are only allowed to have mates who follow Cov?

To be honest, I'm not too taken with the family-day-out, face-painting, mascot-hugging, SKY-watching, scarf-wearing, corporate prawn-sandwich-munching, modern day fan....but I let you lot get on with it....

In fact, you promoting a family image of Cov makes us look shit as well to be honest....in my opinion.....:thinking about:

By the way, I am not a so-called boy...just follow my team, choosing to take the non-club coach travel as an option, and not drinking in the pubs the OB want us to drink in.

In many ways, your modern-day definition of football has ruined the game just as much - if not more - than the issues witnessed in the 70s/80s......:facepalm:

I think that's what they call a bite. I'm giving that first round a 10-9 to cockroaches. :)

rob9872

SISU cockroach, is a drop of Rioja or Pino Grigio your favourite pre-match tipple?

Do you drink your glass of wine with your little finger on your drinking hand raised in the air?

Do you read the Guardian at half time?

Ah...the modern day football fan....got to love 'em....:facepalm:

Just wondered.....;)

Looks like he was back in with air shots, going for the haymaker but waving around like a windmill. At this rate he's gonna need to knock him out if he's to hold that belt

Users who are viewing this thread