Bayliss off? (3 Viewers)

Otis

In a fair world, Robins would get the smaller upfront portion of a sale, because he has to fill the immediate hole in his squad. The club gets the larger sell on figure for debt and/or overheads as it is return on investment and also is the future rather than present value. I suspect - but do not know - that it is in our interest as supporters that the debt is reduced and / or trading loss kept to a minimum so fat fees to the club are good news. But in particular I don't get the SISU Otium structure
Stephen Hawking had a crack at it before he died and he couldn't work it out either.

GaryJones

This has the smell of the Maddison transfer about it!
4.59pm deal done then loaned back for the season.

Nick

Administrator

Hmm, the club has the option until 2020 for Bayliss

Willis only has a year though.

SkyBlueCRJ

Hmm, the club has the option until 2020 for Bayliss

Willis only has a year though.

If Robins sells Willis and replaces him with a loan, fans will go into apocalyptic meltdown.

That saying, I wouldn't be too happy either.

larry_david

Not sure how people on here can say 'oh I don't mind Bayliss going, where are we going to fit him in'. Him and Mcnulty were the two creative forward forces who dragged us up from that terrible league. Without them two we'd still be there playing Macclesfield away. If Bayliss now left as well as MM going I'd say this window has been an absolute disaster. Name your top 3 you don't want to go from last season...Mcnulty, Bayliss and probably Willis. Anyone who says they aren't fussed about Bayliss going need to take a good hard look at themselves and the last 15 fixtures of last season and see just want we're about to sell.

Nick

Administrator

Not Bayliss then?

Or he was wrong when he said they only had a year left.

The only one I can think of still potentially to go into Development squads is Willis with 1 year left that we would get a sum for.

Nick

Administrator
Not sure how people on here can say 'oh I don't mind Bayliss going, where are we going to fit him in'. Him and Mcnulty were the two creative forward forces who dragged us up from that terrible league. Without them two we'd still be there playing Macclesfield away. If Bayliss now left as well as MM going I'd say this window has been an absolute disaster. Name your top 3 you don't want to go from last season...Mcnulty, Bayliss and probably Willis. Anyone who says they aren't fussed about Bayliss going need to take a good hard look at themselves and the last 15 fixtures of last season and see just want we're about to sell.

I'm only saying it now Andreu is back, if for example Andreu was injured or left he would slot in perfectly to the role andreu was in pre-season and against Scunthorpe.

SkyBlueCRJ

If Willis were to leave at least we'd get a fee for him. If he goes in the summer we'd get diddly squat because his age won't qualify for a development fee.

fernandopartridge

Agreed.

BornSlippySkyBlue

It is a bit weird why they would wait, the Derby rumours were right at the start. If they were to pay say £4m-£5m that's absolutely nothing to them so it isn't like they are waiting for a player to leave before they do it.

Thinking outside the box imagine if CCFC put a couple of rumours out that people were sniffing and then just announced his new contract with a "HE IS STAYING" Marlon King type episode ;) People would be queuing up to climb up their arse after the Bakayoko stuff. (This isn't saying it IS made up, but it would be a masterstroke if people thought the club were staying strong).
Do we not think that it is entirely possible it is all being staged managed as a PR exercise to keep the fans on side?

As a genuine question, why would a Prem side wait until the last minute? To give their fans something to cheer? A league 2 player’s not all that to a Prem team TBF, so more likely our end that are manipulating things. Vacant number 10, fans not sure where he’d fit in the team etc etc.

Looks to me like it’s all planned, maybe Robins is just being cautious because he thought this might happen, but then I keep going nack to why a prem team would need to wait.

Nick

Administrator
Do we not think that it is entirely possible it is all being staged managed as a PR exercise to keep the fans on side?

As a genuine question, why would a Prem side wait until the last minute? To give their fans something to cheer? A league 2 player’s not all that to a Prem team TBF, so more likely our end that are manipulating things. Vacant number 10, fans not sure where he’d fit in the team etc etc.

Looks to me like it’s all planned, maybe Robins is just being cautious because he thought this might happen, but then I keep going nack to why a prem team would need to wait.

It did cross my mind that something seemed a bit strange but never going to rule it out until 5pm (or enough time after for it to be announced he has gone).

It would work a treat though wouldn't it? Might just be looking too far into it.

BornSlippySkyBlue

It did cross my mind that something seemed a bit strange but never going to rule it out until 5pm (or enough time after for it to be announced he has gone).

It would work a treat though wouldn't it? Might just be looking too far into it.
Yeah maybe, but they will know for sure how the fans will react if Bayliss goes, particularly after McNulty and would surely, therefore ‘manage’ the situation to minimise the damage.

I just can’t fit all these players (and their associated egos) into any formation that we ever use, so something has to give...

mark82

From the Telegraph article a couple of months back (obviously some of these have signed new contracts/left since the article):-

One year left (June 2019)

Michael Doyle, Lee Burge, Liam O'Brien, Jack Grimmer, Chris Stokes, Ryan Haynes, Dominic Hyam, Rod McDonald, Jordan Willis, Tom Davies, Liam Kelly, Peter Vincenti, Max Biamou, Tony Andreu, Stuart Beavon, Marc McNulty, Corey Addai.

runner

I would be incredibly disappointed if Bayliss went. Can accept McNulty going but not Bayliss too, would be a huge blow at this point.

I absolutely agree with you ... one of them going was inevitable, but both and if Chaplin / a.n. other (sizeable amount of money for recognised natural striker) doesn't come in today ... I'm afraid I'll be viewing it as way worse than the usual "cashing in" of other seasons ... as McNulty and Maddison money should be more than enough to balance the books for one year ... and Bayliss is a naturally gifted player, the likes of which we need to retain ... for now ... he can be next seasons cash cow ...

larry_david

I thought Willis signed a new deal back in October? Sometime like that anyway as I was walking home from my new job when I saw it on my phone

Esoterica

Or he was wrong when he said they only had a year left.

The only one I can think of still potentially to go into Development squads is Willis with 1 year left that we would get a sum for.
Willis is 24 next week, no way anyone from the PL is buying him for development. If he goes it'll be as part of a Champ squad. Has to be Bayliss I reckon.

Greggs

Willis is 24 next week, no way anyone from the PL is buying him for development. If he goes it'll be as part of a Champ squad. Has to be Bayliss I reckon.
Yep, no way would Willis go somewhere to be loaned out again!

PVA

I've thought all along that he would be sold this summer.

Just hope that he is loaned back to us if he does go.

mark82

Only one other than Willis or Bayliss is Lee Burge. He's 25 but still relatively young for a goalkeeper. Not saying it is, just trying to find hope it's not Bayliss!

Ashdown

It may all be tosh of course but I'll be mighty pissed off once again with our owners if we cash in Bayliss at the death here as our finances should be in good order after recent gains over the last 3 months.

Users who are viewing this thread