Bayliss off? (1 Viewer)

larry_david

Pete o rourke says few prem clubs lining him up...this could be a horrible afternoon

Nick

Administrator
Will see how it plays out.

Last thing I heard him and his agent were happy with the contract offered but I guess they might have been holding out to see what offers come in.

If an offer comes in too good to turn down then he will go. He hasn't been in a rush to sign the new contract offered, it's been a good month and a half hasn't it since he got offered it?

higgs

If bayliss hasn't signed his new contract by now then more than likely he's off

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Harry H

Clubs looking at players. Happens all the time. We can't build a magic shield around ourselves. Bayliss would never kick a ball in the Prem at the moment, so we will see how sensible the lad is/club are (club can't need the £££s)

PCH

If this is true it’s a chance for the club to show their intent to us fans and tell whoever it is to do one!

Mr Panda

If this is true it’s a chance for the club to show their intent to us fans and tell whoever it is to do one!

Unlikely. It's like asking your average Joe, "hey would you like to win the lottery by 5pm today?"

He's going to say yes and the club is also going to say yes.

Nick

Administrator
Unlikely. It's like asking your average Joe, "hey would you like to win the lottery by 5pm today?"

He's going to say yes and the club is also going to say yes.

That's the thing isn't it.

Good thing is that they have to wrap it up by 5 rather than midnight.

shmmeee

Does it even matter how much the offer is?

We got over £3m in this summer by all accounts and have frittered it away mostly. We clearly don't want to buy in finished articles and would rather pick up ten U23s for @£100k each in the hope they pay off.

Liquid Gold

Bayliss is bound to increase in value over the next 12 months. Unless he kicks up a fuss and asks to leave tell them to do one.

Nick

Administrator
I have a good deal on sleeping pills to help sleep until after 5PM if anybody wants to chip in?

Nick

Administrator
I wonder if Robins has prepared for this by signing the players he has? The confusion about the lineup since we had Bakayoko and Hiwula has seemingly been about who will play on the right for them all to fit in and if you put one of them there where do you put Bayliss.

I could see Bayliss ending up on the bench behind Andreu.

He has apparently been adamant on staying and all of the terms of his contract were ready to sign on the dotted line but anybody could ring up and change all of that. If him and his agent haven't signed it, it would benefit them more with a big move then it would the club.

shmmeee

I wonder if Robins has prepared for this by signing the players he has? The confusion about the lineup since we had Bakayoko and Hiwula has seemingly been about who will play on the right for them all to fit in and if you put one of them there where do you put Bayliss.

I think so.

covcity4life

Does it even matter how much the offer is?

We got over £3m in this summer by all accounts and have frittered it away mostly. We clearly don't want to buy in finished articles and would rather pick up ten U23s for @£100k each in the hope they pay off.
frittered away? we have only had 1 game and we played well. Trust in robins, he is looking for promotion just like us

and the u23s is just good planning, low cost risk for high rewards.

Grendel

I could see Bayliss ending up on the bench behind Andreu.

He has apparently been adamant on staying and all of the terms of his contract were ready to sign on the dotted line but anybody could ring up and change all of that.

Jones will play on the right when fit

covcity4life

Exactly, another one into the mix.

Where do you then play Bayliss in the system Robins seemingly wants to use?
rotation right wing or centre mid alongside agogo or doyle for me

he is still developing so think another year would benefit both parties but priority is ccfc so if we sell but get promoted so be it.

shmmeee

frittered away? we have only had 1 game and we played well. Trust in robins, he is looking for promotion just like us

and the u23s is just good planning, low cost risk for high rewards.

It's about transfer strategy not how well the team is playing.

How much cash have we spent on proven L1 players? Hiwula at £150k is probably the most we've spent and he's young. Bakayoko another gamble, then loads of U23s. I'd like to see us take some cash and buy a proven L1 player or a top end L2 player as well as frees and kids is all.

A good strategy involves both types of risk, nothing wrong with U23s but need some experienced heads in as well.

covcity4life

It's about transfer strategy not how well the team is playing.

How much cash have we spent on proven L1 players? Hiwula at £150k is probably the most we've spent and he's young. Bakayoko another gamble, then loads of U23s. I'd like to see us take some cash and buy a proven L1 player or a top end L2 player as well as frees and kids is all.

A good strategy involves both types of risk, nothing wrong with U23s but need some experienced heads in as well.

proven league 1?

agogo
brown

premier league talents who should be league 1 minimum

sterling
mason

also bakyaoko played league 1 last year, doesnt need to be prolific if he gets 8 goals 8 assists this year for e.g

This has been a great window for us, not sure why so much doom and gloom since mcnulty forced a move away. Also window isnt over yet, perm at 5pm,loan end of month. We could get chaplin in,we could retain bayliss

club started a new era when robins came back and i have seen nothing to suggest it isnt continuing right now

Users who are viewing this thread