Bayliss off? (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueCRJ

I can see the upfront fee for Bayliss being fairly mediocre if I'm honest. But seemingly, I'm confident we could negotiate a high sell-on clause percentage.

CCFC88

IF he has to go, Id like to see a high quality loan coming the other way if it is prem teams looking at him as being reported. A left winger, CB or both.

Ideally he'll stay and play alongside Ogogo, when all fit

Bayliss Ogogo
Jones Andreu Hiwulu
Bakayoko

lifeskyblue

I think Baylis will go if the price is right for the club. The club over the past couple years have not sold as soon as a bid has come in but appear to have realised that if they build their assets by playing them they should get a reasonable price. Thomas and more especially maddison came through the youth ranks and have made the club money either in transfer or add-on. With Others such as dDKEs and Haynes (prob evens with him) they have offloaded to bring in other poss stars for the future.
The strategy this year seems to be build the development squad cheaply with a few possible ‘diamonds’ in order to bring them on late this season or next to the first team and market them accordingly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skybluebeduff

It would be bullshit if the club sold him on the last day, surely we've made enough already to cover this season anyway?

Otis

I wonder if Robins has prepared for this by signing the players he has? The confusion about the lineup since we had Bakayoko and Hiwula has seemingly been about who will play on the right for them all to fit in and if you put one of them there where do you put Bayliss.

I could see Bayliss ending up on the bench behind Andreu.

He has apparently been adamant on staying and all of the terms of his contract were ready to sign on the dotted line but anybody could ring up and change all of that. If him and his agent haven't signed it, it would benefit them more with a big move then it would the club.
Yep. When Jones is back where will Bayliss fit in, if at all?

Having Doyle as captain is a problem in some ways. I know it doesn't automatically make someone immovable, but I get the feeling Doyle's place is pretty much cemented. You then have Kelly and Ogogo, who are surely going to be ahead of Bayliss for the centre.

Once you then think of Bakayoko, Hiwula, Andreu and Jones, you do have to wonder where Bayliss fits.

You would have to think in terms of probably only fighting for the second central midfield slot.

Don't wish to see him go, but if the offer is great and we do have the cover, it may not hurt us that greatly at all.

Lose Bayliss, but have Jones back in and then it looks pretty decent all round.

Sky Blue Harry H

We know he will go eventually. I would only be ok with this if we could have him loaned back for the season then use sale fee to buy Mo Salah (or similar)

Skyblue_CP

I’d partner him with Ogogo in the middle. Obviously that means someone has to tell Doyle he’s out though.
Totally agree with this, Doyle and Ogogo very defensive minded, would like to see Ogogo remaining abit deeper giving Bayliss freedom to join the attack alongside Andreu.

coop

This is from the same bloke that said Chaplin will sign and he is at pompey getting his team photo took.I think we need to take it with a pinch of salt.

edgy

Remember in all this kerfuffle, HE hasn't signed his contract. Regardless of what you think of the owners etc, if we refuse to let him go now then potentially we'll get less for him at Xmas or even less at the end of the season.

We can't win this one.

Otis

Totally agree with this, Doyle and Ogogo very defensive minded, would like to see Ogogo remaining abit deeper giving Bayliss freedom to join the attack alongside Andreu.
Well, yep. Would like to see Bayliss and Ogogo in the centre. Can't see Doyle being droppd though.

ccfcricoh

Well, yep. Would like to see Bayliss and Ogogo in the centre. Can't see Doyle being droppd though.
This... just not sure we can leave out Doyle...

At the end of last season i'd have been gutted had McNulty and Bayliss left but right now it seems less of a concern, surely a sign of a good window

shmmeee

proven league 1?

agogo
brown

premier league talents who should be league 1 minimum

sterling
mason

also bakyaoko played league 1 last year, doesnt need to be prolific if he gets 8 goals 8 assists this year for e.g

This has been a great window for us, not sure why so much doom and gloom since mcnulty forced a move away. Also window isnt over yet, perm at 5pm,loan end of month. We could get chaplin in,we could retain bayliss

club started a new era when robins came back and i have seen nothing to suggest it isnt continuing right now

My turn to bow out of a silly internet argument.

I will say: Ogogo and Brown were frees, Mason and Sterling are not proven.

There are players out there contracted to clubs who have shown ability in L1 already, who are in their prime. I would like to see us add some of those into the mix when we have large amounts of cash to spend. I think they'll help the young team we have.

Captain Dart

covfanman

SkyBlueCRJ

This... just not sure we can leave out Doyle...

At the end of last season i'd have been gutted had McNulty and Bayliss left but right now it seems less of a concern, surely a sign of a good window

Less of a concern? Or have the fans accepted that retaining the same squad as last season including our stars was something of an improbability? There was a huge amount of hype between the play-off final and when McNulty left. I think it's more that the fans have become more realistic now that the reality of the transfer window has hit.

Skyblue_CP

For sure, it just looks like the same trap as the start of last year when we are just too defensive, it was only when Kelly was given more freedom to move forward in the playoffs did we start looking extremely dangerous. its overkill in any division to have two holding midfielders. Ogogo and Doyle do the same job, just it would appear Ogogo is the better player and also a leader..

ccfcricoh

Less of a concern? Or have the fans accepted that retaining the same squad as last season including our stars was something of an improbability? There was a huge amount of hype between the play-off final and when McNulty left. I think it's more that the fans have become more realistic now that the reality of the transfer window has hit.
Maybe true yes - but i think the fact that we're all discussing where Bayliss would even get in the team (with current formation) is a sign we're really not a 1 player team.

Don't get me wrong, i'd rather we kept them both!

If we can string together a few wins and be in top 6 after 10 games or so the momentum will be right back!

skybluebeduff

A reported £220k out of a reported £3m+ brought in.
What about all the rest of the players we've signed? agents we've paid? all whilst having an entire club that needs funding to exist? If SISU don't put nothing in, it's not rocket science to see how the club is surviving without their help is it? surely?

Gibbo

Yep. When Jones is back where will Bayliss fit in, if at all?

Having Doyle as captain is a problem in some ways. I know it doesn't automatically make someone immovable, but I get the feeling Doyle's place is pretty much cemented. You then have Kelly and Ogogo, who are surely going to be ahead of Bayliss for the centre.

Once you then think of Bakayoko, Hiwula, Andreu and Jones, you do have to wonder where Bayliss fits.

You would have to think in terms of probably only fighting for the second central midfield slot.

Don't wish to see him go, but if the offer is great and we do have the cover, it may not hurt us that greatly at all.

Lose Bayliss, but have Jones back in and then it looks pretty decent all round.
Kelly for Doyle when he returns

Gibbo

and Jones / Allassani for Bayliss when he is sold - no worse and maybe more effective

Esoterica

I'm pretty immune to players leaving for bigger clubs these days but why does anyone from a higher division need to sign Bayliss for their U23s on transfer deadline afternoon after 3 months off? It just smacks of greed by the already rich.

Marty

I'm not too fussed if he goes, just hope he goes to a club where he has a chance to progress his career and not rot in someone's youth team. I think he's a decent player and offers us a lot but I'm not sure he'd get in the team ahead of Jones, Andreu or Hiuyae (whatever his name is). Huge amount of chances can be created with that 3, I'm disappointed that a real goal scorer hasn't been brought in tbh.

SkyBlueCRJ

Maybe true yes - but i think the fact that we're all discussing where Bayliss would even get in the team (with current formation) is a sign we're really not a 1 player team.

Don't get me wrong, i'd rather we kept them both!

If we can string together a few wins and be in top 6 after 10 games or so the momentum will be right back!

Yes, but we often do look for flaws in our star players when it's rumoured they're departing. It's almost a way of telling ourselves we can cope without them. We did it with Maddison, Christie, McNulty etc to name a few and we're now doing it with Bayliss

It'll be a blow if he's sold, no question about it.

Nick

Administrator
I'm pretty immune to players leaving for bigger clubs these days but why does anyone from a higher division need to sign Bayliss for their U23s on transfer deadline afternoon after 3 months off? It just smacks of greed.

It is a bit weird why they would wait, the Derby rumours were right at the start. If they were to pay say £4m-£5m that's absolutely nothing to them so it isn't like they are waiting for a player to leave before they do it.

Thinking outside the box imagine if CCFC put a couple of rumours out that people were sniffing and then just announced his new contract with a "HE IS STAYING" Marlon King type episode ;) People would be queuing up to climb up their arse after the Bakayoko stuff. (This isn't saying it IS made up, but it would be a masterstroke if people thought the club were staying strong).

Gibbo

In a fair world, Robins would get the smaller upfront portion of a sale, because he has to fill the immediate hole in his squad. The club gets the larger sell on figure for debt and/or overheads as it is return on investment and also is the future rather than present value. I suspect - but do not know - that it is in our interest as supporters that the debt is reduced and / or trading loss kept to a minimum so fat fees to the club are good news. But in particular I don't get the SISU Otium structure

Users who are viewing this thread