Bayliss off? (2 Viewers)

Evo1883

I would be fairly happy for the club to cash in on bayliss for the reported 3 million.. However I would be extremely pissed off if we didn't reinvest a good 1 million into the playing side of the 4 mill received including Chaplin (reportedly)

Surely that's a reasonable expectation even from the most shrewd supporter

Si80

I'd never be surprised if he left (because we need to generate some cash flow this season more than the income from the Chaplin sale). But if thats true of him going to SUFC then it's a wrong move imo for him from a footballing point of view unless they were to buy him and immediately send him out on loan to a Championship side.

Nick

Administrator
I would be fairly happy for the club to cash in on bayliss for the reported 3 million.. However I would be extremely pissed off if we didn't reinvest a good 1 million into the playing side of the 4 mill received including Chaplin (reportedly)

Sury that's a reasonable expectation even from the most shrewd supporter

I'd say so.

Robins hasn't been playing him in preseason and has favoured Shipley.

Not sure about Sheffield United as I think it's too soon for the Premier League for him.

SkyBlueDom26

I'd never be surprised if he left (because we need to generate some cash flow this season more than the income from the Chaplin sale). But if thats true of him going to SUFC then it's a wrong move imo for him from a footballing point of view unless they were to buy him and immediately send him out on loan to a Championship side.
Move to Huddersfield would make sense for him

eastwoodsdustman

He'll likely only go when interested clubs meet the £3 mill price and I think they'll want him to be loaned back for the season.

CovBurty

If Sheff. Its buy him, he will be loaned out to Sunderland on current trends. I personally dont think he is anywhere near Madders/Wilson. I guess MR is resigned to losing him. It's what we do best.

ashbyjan

I don't see any significant portion of this money being reinvested - we were losing over £1m a year at Ricoh on good gates and low rent so I would expect that this plus the Chaplin money would be needed simply to keep us afloat for the season. Some fans need to look at the world we now live in - we are not in the Premiership, we are at the arse end of professional football struggling to compete for players with Lincoln. We have to sell to survive - simple fact that seems unpalatable to some.

fernandopartridge

Whys have people got so much negativity toward bayliss, he's a great player , had two hard seasons under his belt at 20 yrs , and some not quite up to his own standard games at the end of last season and we want to ship him out ? Baffles me. 3 yrs on contract why not let this fantastic young player help us up a division and surely he will be worth more.

Because they haven't got a clue about football

ccfchoi87

Bayliss is a fantastic player and I’m resigned to losing him sooner rather than later. It is crazy to me that Robins is seemingly going to bench him on Saturday.

torchomatic

I don't see any significant portion of this money being reinvested - we were losing over £1m a year at Ricoh on good gates and low rent so I would expect that this plus the Chaplin money would be needed simply to keep us afloat for the season. Some fans need to look at the world we now live in - we are not in the Premiership, we are at the arse end of professional football struggling to compete for players with Lincoln. We have to sell to survive - simple fact that seems unpalatable to some.

You could always go and watch Wasps. Fantastic atmosphere, as you know.

rob9872

Bayliss is a fantastic player and I’m resigned to losing him sooner rather than later. It is crazy to me that Robins is seemingly going to bench him on Saturday.
Presumably Robins already knew he was off so might as well get games into the legs of those that were staying.

torchomatic

I am realistic about the fact we need to sell players to survive.

However, the club has not come out and stated that this is the case, and to sell a young star on the eve of the season feels like a punch in the face.

At the end of the day every player has a price and will be up to Bayliss if he wants to leave. Maybe he won't go. If he does, he does. I still trust Badlan to do the business more than anyone else in our recent history. We have a month yet.

fernandopartridge

At the end of the day every player has a price and will be up to Bayliss if he wants to leave. Maybe he won't go. If he does, he does. I still trust Badlan to do the business more than anyone else in our recent history. We have a month yet.

We have a day. The season begins tomorrow, we cannot afford to weaken our own squad. As I said before, we scored once from open play and won once in the first 6 games last season. It was basically relegation form. We can't afford to do.

fatso

Whys have people got so much negativity toward bayliss, he's a great player , had two hard seasons under his belt at 20 yrs , and some not quite up to his own standard games at the end of last season and we want to ship him out ? Baffles me. 3 yrs on contract why not let this fantastic young player help us up a division and surely he will be worth more.
Who’s been so negative? It amazes me that people can read the same thread as everyone else, and come up with something so ridiculous.
He’s universally accepted as being an outstanding talent, and undoubtedly one of our best players.
However, as a team we are lacking a top striker, and some would be quite prepared to sell Baylis, if (and it’s a big if) we could spend the cash on a goal scorer.
It’s as simple as that really, I can’t believe you haven't grasped that!

Cavan O'Doherty

It feels a bit like that we’re sacrificing the first month of the season though. As we all know, these early games can be crucial come the end of the season as to who finishes in the play offs. We can’t afford to have the start we had last year where we were already miles behind the chasing pack. It’s important that we have a good start so that the negativity doesn’t mount about the St Andrews situation; if we leave it until the 31st August that could possibly already be 18 points lost on the promotion pack. Obviously we’re not going to lose all of the 6 games in August, but without a striker for this period we could find ourselves dropping silly points against the teams we should beat (Southend, Bolton, Bristol Rovers etc).

junglej13

I've been told Preston about an hour ago also
I put on another thread, this is exactly what I thought would happen. This stinks of us touting him out to anyone and everyone. Reporting top Premier League clubs are interested in him with a £3m buyout clause... In the end he will go to a Championship club for about £1m in a heavily structured deal. We will probably see about £400k up front and Robins won't see a penny.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Preston, Jesus Christ, when the big boys come calling eh?

If they meet the valuation.....

Would probably be a better move for him than some of the PL clubs rumoured for him because he'll play more. I think Leeds might be a better fit if their interest is accurate.

Users who are viewing this thread