Match Thread Barnsley vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 30th Mar (4 Viewers)

Maverick

Really pleased with the overall performance today. Thought Mason and Willis were outstanding.

Grendel

All the people giving me shit for criticising Bayliss a few weeks ago have all gone very quiet recently.

ESB1 4 life is right again.

How’s Raheem doing these days?

superskyblue

Really good performance and could have won it at the end with Hyam. Normally I'd be chuffed with the point but don't think it's enough.

cc84cov

Won’t be a problem when we lose him then will it ?
Can’t see him going anywhere anytime soon no coincidence nobody came in for him jan last season right side diamond he played narrow he’s not a Centre mid him or bright in thst central role behind the striker Meyler is the better holding midfielder by far

Gazolba

Six points from play-offs is going to be too much unless someone above us slips up dramatically.

mark82

From the pictures I have seen a very poor turnout by their supporters I'm sure our attendance would go up by a few thousand if we were 2nd in the table.

It wasn't too bad. Have to remember Barnsley has less than 100,000 people and a lot of big clubs in the local area (Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday & Sheffield United) and they are averaging slightly higher attendances than us.

lifeskyblue

In isolation an excellent result at a difficult ground against a very good team. It bodes well for next season if robins is able to build on what we have. I thought we would get well beaten and when we went behind I feared the worst. However the team fought well and played some very good football.
All we need now is a ground...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liquid Gold

We came back really well today after it looked like men v boys in the first half hour. Barnsley showing what you can achieve with a good keeper, conceded 2 but could have been more and a great save from Hyam's header. Barnsley made some good chances but wasteful shooting.

I'ma Bayliss fan but there is no defending him today, really off the pace and gave the ball away far too often.

The big thing we have to learn for next season is how to do a job on the poorer sides in the division. When the game opens up and teams want to play football we look like a good side but against agricultural teams that are happy to put numbers back we don't have an answer.

clint van damme

Well that was an interesting day to say the least.
On the footballing side, a great result rendered not grear enough by recent home results
Let's hope we're still at the Ricoh and robin's is allowed to continue rebuilding next season.

Grendel

Very well.

Didn't realise he played for CCFC though.

I guess your lack of detail on my point put forward just about confirms all I need to know.

You suggested sterling should have been replaced weeks ago which is ridiculous - he’s had hardly any poor games and is far better than the options available

ccfcway

I was genuinely looking for peoples views...whether the deeper position doesn't suit him or if he's carrying a knock or whatever. Nice response though well done.

Ah, ok, apologies. He’s been off the boil for a few weeks, but it’s his first time at this level.

In my opinion He looks tired and could do with a rest, but continues to show and doesn’t hide

Last edited:

Mr Panda

I really hope we're in with a chance of keeping Bright when his contract with Wolves come to an end. His footwork is fantastic to watch.

Feel like wage demands will let us down though

clint van damme

Haha wouldn't go that far some calamitous defending and finishing alike but Barnsley's quality in possession was very refreshing. Would've put 5 past Oxford

If we'd showed the desire against Oxford we showed today so would we.
Some real full blooded challenges put in by both teams. Hard but fair and very competitive, just wasn't there last week.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

You suggested sterling should have been replaced weeks ago which is ridiculous - he’s had hardly any poor games and is far better than the options available

Sterling (Dujon) has been really poor for about the last month. Trying to say otherwise just makes you out to look a bit silly.

I'm not saying Grimmer is the saviour, but it's understandable that he would be upset in the fact he's not getting a look in as Sterling has been so poor. In fact, he's undoying his good work that got the critics off his back early on.

How can you honestly stand your ground and try to say Sterling has been good in the last 5 games is just moronic.

You often make really good points about CCFC, but your blind bias of some players can be quite embarrassing sometimes.

clint van damme

Sterling (Dujon) has been really poor for about the last month. Trying to say otherwise just makes you out to look a bit silly.

I'm not saying Grimmer is the saviour, but it's understandable that he would be upset in the fact he's not getting a look in as Sterling has been so poor. In fact, he's undoying his good work that got the critics off his back early on.

How can you honestly stand your ground and try to say Sterling has been good in the last 5 games is just moronic.

You often make really good points about CCFC, but your blind bias of some players can be quite embarrassing sometimes.

Think you're right. He's clearly a better player than Grimmer but a long season is catching up with him.

Brighton Sky Blue

If we'd showed the desire against Oxford we showed today so would we.
Some real full blooded challenges put in by both teams. Hard but fair and very competitive, just wasn't there last week.

Yeah but we set ourselves up to hit on the break against everyone, even relegation candidates at home. Wouldn’t surprise me if we end up with more points against the top half

Gazolba

It's really tight at the bottom, 2 points separating 7 teams!

Bottom-of-L1.jpg

stupot07

What a bunch of pricks.
149b13e2b016848b4427be9309ed8b9a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread