Match Thread Barnsley vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 30th Mar (1 Viewer)

Gint11

Lose this one (and it’s very likely we will) and that’s the playoff hopes gone. Good season overall though.

Esoterica

Fearful for this game. Too many of the kids have been slowly fading over recent weeks and look fatigued. Our inability to see games off comfortably has not allowed to us to rotate the squad with just 3 of 16 wins by 2 clear goals:|
upload_2019-3-25_13-5-34.png

It's starting to catch up with players like Bayliss, Thomas and Sterling who all could have been given more breaks for Meyler, Westbrooke, Grimmer, Wakefield, Shipley.

Barnsley's last defeat was December 8th, 19 games ago!! They're doing incredibly well to keep up with Luton and stay ahead of Sunderland.

Sod it. City 2-1, bursting Barnsley's bubble and causing a wobble that lets Sunderland into the 2nd auto spot.

Warwickhunt

We gotta up our game for this one! We need to be in their faces from kickoff and stop them getting momentum, Walsall were unlucky

no_loyalty

Would take a point at Barnsley, but if we want to keep our playoff aspirations alive then we need all three.

vow

It will be a tough one. But we are more suited to teams who play on the floor like Barnsley. Will be a good game of football i think
Best team and game I've seen this season against Barnsley at Ricoh.

clint van damme

Must win if we want to keep the play off flame burning.
Though personally I think Saturday and the Friday night game against Burton have finished off our play hopes though until is mathematically impossible I'll hold on to a bit of hope.

Nick

Administrator
Isn't their big striker out for the season? Was going to suggest getting stuck in early.

I'd change Bayliss for Meyler, give Bayliss a rest. Hopefully give us a bit of fight in midfield.

vow

Isn't their big striker out for the season? Was going to suggest getting stuck in early.

I'd change Bayliss for Meyler, give Bayliss a rest. Hopefully give us a bit of fight in midfield.
Kieffer Moore, yes, out for season.

Meyler isn't good/fit enough to get into team ahead of Bayliss.

clint van damme

From what I watched Saturday both their full backs looked vulnerable but we don't seem to be as dynamic in the wide areas as we were earlier in the season.

Nick

Administrator
From what I watched Saturday both their full backs looked vulnerable but we don't seem to be as dynamic in the wide areas as we were earlier in the season.

I'd have Hiwula / Thomas constantly switching sides. We don't do that enough like we used to.

CCFC88

Their last 3 have been tight affairs, would have been 3 0-0 draws if not for their 92nd minute winner. Keep it tight and allow it to be settled by one moment of brilliance from Bright.

They are due a defeat 0-1 City

jto123

A point might be acceptable if Bristol Rovers hold Doncaster tomorrow, but realistically we need a win to keep hope.

larry_david

Walsall should have won by 2 on sat morning. Their finishing was worse than ours! Do not be afraid, no one to be scared of in this league.

no_loyalty

Yes I think tonight puts it to bed but overall a good season

Bristol Rovers are on a good run, so there is hope that they can at least get a point tonight, however we can't keep relying on other results going our way.

cc84cov

Fancy a 1-1 here Meyler has to come in for bayliss for me Kelly & Meyler holding away at Barnsley will be needed.

higgs

Surprised Meyler hasn't had more of a look in this season doubt we will sign him in the summer would be a bit of a luxury

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Adge

Well it’s do or die. I can’t see it myself and as was said it’s a bridge too far with the games coming up including this . Barnsley 1-0.

Sky Blue Harry H

We've improved away a lot (jinxed!) , I'm going, the weather forecast is good, and at Skybluebookies I'm putting it all on a Barnsley win as I'm on a long losing streak !!

A win for us!!!

shmmeee

Well it’s do or die. I can’t see it myself and as was said it’s a bridge too far with the games coming up including this . Barnsley 1-0.

I think we’ve shown we haven’t got the bottle for it a couple of times in recent weeks as well. Shame cos it was doable.

Paxman II

Expecting defeat here but we play better against better sides. Could be a surprise win and fuel the play off buzz yet again.

Warwickhunt

thought the thread needs bumping rather see the other shite ahead of it

steve82

Midfield needs freshening up for this game for me. Tom Bayliss hasn’t done it for months now and coasting through games with little impact, time to look at Westbrook or Meyler.

Edging towards Westbrook if he’s fit and available as his vision and passing range was impressive when seen earlier this season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread