Barnsley THIS Saturday (1 Viewer)

Liquid Gold

After 18 months of no away games and largely having our freedoms restricted, are you honestly telling me having to wait until general sale is the barrier to buying?
If that’s the case, tickets should be flying out in general sale now regardless.
Now they're on general sale I'd expect us to shift a lot more.

I'm saying the current numbers could be poor because people have been waiting to buy them so they can go with their mates.

If I was going to this game I'd be going with 2 STH mates and 3 non STH mates. Every past year I'd have bought the day of sale, now I'd wait to general to ensure we can all go.

All I'm saying is that if we intend to persist with 1 per STH then we can expect more slow take-ups as people wait which is probably a bad thing as it doesn't get the bandwagon rolling.

NortonSkyBlue

I would never criticise the number of fans that go to away games, it s the ones that don’t travel.
some on here say our away support is the best, well those that go may be but to even state that Forest support is shit like was said on Monday is frankly an embarrassment when it is double what we will take to Barnsley and after 18 months away and in a higher division I would have expected to have sold many more.

COV

After 18 months of no away games and largely having our freedoms restricted, are you honestly telling me having to wait until general sale is the barrier to buying?
If that’s the case, tickets should be flying out in general sale now regardless.

there are no barriers to sale, just like Forest it will largely be last minute

COV

I would never criticise the number of fans that go to away games, it s the ones that don’t travel.
some on here say our away support is the best, well those that go may be but to even state that Forest support is shit like was said on Monday is frankly an embarrassment when it is double what we will take to Barnsley and after 18 months away and in a higher division I would have expected to have sold many more.

i’m not disagreeing with you but people keep saying they expected us to sell loads more- what is this actually based on? We saw at the weekend that people aren’t actually bothered about the 18 months away

shmmeee

Agreed. We should print the names of all home fans who haven’t bought an away ticket in the CT. maybe put their pictures up on the scoreboard so we can all boo them. That’ll raise sales.

shmmeee

i’m not disagreeing with you but people keep saying they expected us to sell loads more- what is this actually based on? We saw at the weekend that people aren’t actually bothered about the 18 months away

Lots of entertainment is like this. Look at movie box offices right now. People still aren’t comfortable going out it seems.

Reactions: AOM

pusbccfc

COV

Lots of entertainment is like this. Look at movie box offices right now. People still aren’t comfortable going out it seems.

i think a lot is hype as well, it’s just another season. There was never going to be this huge tidal wave of people desperate to go to a football match over & above those who would have gone anyway.

shmmeee

i think a lot is hype as well, it’s just another season. There was never going to be this huge tidal wave of people desperate to go to a football match over & above those who would have gone anyway.

I genuinely thought people would be itching to do *anything* but it seems not. Generally people seem to either not be comfortable or have got into a different routine.

shmmeee

It's going to be a mix of both isn't it? And probably balance one another out somewhat.

Would be interesting to know the split TBH. Very different tactics needed to tackle each group. I suspect a lot of our fans had got new routines anyway, so there’s an element of reengagement. If it’s discomfort then maybe something could be done to push the socially distance stand (that’s still a thing right?)

COV

Would be interesting to know the split TBH. Very different tactics needed to tackle each group. I suspect a lot of our fans had got new routines anyway, so there’s an element of reengagement. If it’s discomfort then maybe something could be done to push the socially distance stand (that’s still a thing right?)

not even sure it’s that deep- people can’t be arsed yet. Barnsley are not exactly a shiny new name to go to. It’s not just us, nobody saw crowds much bigger than they would have been without the covid break. Probably just late summer apathy.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Went on sale today apparently. Not sure what % off though.

Two days before the game?

That is part of the problem. Some people are getting a bit funny towards our fans but in the current climate people are going to be more tuned to planning. Two days notice isn't enough.

As I said previously, Barnsley said they sent the tickets to us a while back and we didn't redistribute properly. Without trying to sound dramatic, it just whacks of amateur hour at the club again.

Barnsley

People have got used to spending their wedge on other things, stocking up their new garden boozer with supermarket alcohol, buying half a cow, to cook on their recently installed fire pit, hot tubing their bollox to bits whilst streaming Ifollow on a IPTV fire stick on their new outdoor TV.

In my opinion all away attendances will be down, until the dark nights start to draw in, people have invested too much money in their garden not to use it.

Evo1883

People have got used to spending their wedge on other things, stocking up their new garden boozer with supermarket alcohol, buying half a cow, to cook on their recently installed fire pit, hot tubing their bollox to bits whilst streaming Ifollow on a IPTV fire stick on their new outdoor TV.

In my opinion all away attendances will be down, until the dark nights start to draw in, people have invested too much money in their garden not to use it.

Nobody avoids football to sit in their back yard ffs

clint van damme

Barnsley sounds great, how much for a 3 bedroom semi with a garden boozer and a fire pit?

Barnsley

Barnsley sounds great, how much for a 3 bedroom semi with a garden boozer and a fire pit?

It’s not just Barnsley pal have a look on social media from last summer, every fucker was on the band wagon, the fact is people have got used to streaming games and they’ll continue to do so.

tskezz

A lot of our hardcore away following don't have season tickets though. It could be 2/3 season ticket holders out of a group of 10 that go away. Last season, and going back for as long as I can remember, the STH could have bought all 10 on day 1 of sale. Now all of those need to wait until general sale.
This is bang on. My mates who have STs will mainly only go to home games, odd away if its easy enough. The lads i go to away games with for the most part dont have STs and dont go many homes.

Our away followings largely ones who go for the full day out and get shitfaced etc.

Not sure how much the 1 per ticket has contributed to the low sales but its certainly caused confusion.

Evo1883

It’s not just Barnsley pal have a look on social media from last summer, every fucker was on the band wagon, the fact is people have got used to streaming games and they’ll continue to do so.

Like I said , there is no evidence to suggest this is happening .

Evo1883

Come on here Saturday evening and every one will have seen the game, and most of them won’t have been to Oakwell, watching football as changed.

Until ofcourse you see full premier league stadiums every week home and away supporters alike .

Football is the same

Barnsley

Until ofcourse you see full premier league stadiums every week home and away supporters alike .

Football is the same

Fuck the premier league we’re talking about championship teams. Mark my words everyone on here will watch the match Saturday but they’ll not all travel to Oakwell.

Reactions: vow

Evo1883

Fuck the premier league we’re talking about championship teams. Mark my words everyone on here will watch the match Saturday but they’ll not all travel to Oakwell.

Well obviously not , that's been going on for several seasons though .

Attendances in general continue to rise year on year , this year will be no different

NortonSkyBlue

Agreed. We should print the names of all home fans who haven’t bought an away ticket in the CT. maybe put their pictures up on the scoreboard so we can all boo them. That’ll raise sales.
I was thinking of stoning them but photos is a great idea.

Evo1883

2 away games in 4 days doesn't really help either .

We take around 2000 Saturday and 13-1500 Tuesday that's a good effort overall

Reactions: COV

Mucca Mad Boys

They're on sale? Fucking joke again. I paid full price for mine and haven't seen anything at all about cheaper tickets. Disgrace imo tbh.

Not discounted. Personally, I just hadn’t seen anything about the tickets being released for sale. I seen information about Blackpool tickets before Barnsley!

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Went on sale today apparently. Not sure what % off though.

They’ve been on sale to ST holders since Friday last week, so almost a week now.

In 2019, Bolton Away tickets didn’t go on sale until the day before the game because of their issues at the time and we took 1800-2000, to a similar distance ground, so not sure it’s down to that either.

Has anyone used the NOPM line yet?

Users who are viewing this thread