Barnsley THIS Saturday (3 Viewers)

Kingokings204

As always two sides to every story.

On one hand it is disappointing and seems unjustified. I expected more also.

On the other hand tickets only been on sale a week and only one per supporter number it seems. Not to mention covid and summer holidays.

just needs some balance that’s all.

SlowerThanPlatt

On the other hand tickets only been on sale a week and only one per supporter number it seems. Not to mention covid and summer holidays.

The 1 or 2 per ST is common at any relatively big club - it does say it won’t be in place all season

pusbccfc

Same for everyone in the League though. That's the issue
But then you have games like QPR coming up which should sell quickly

Not at £33 it won't.

Fergusons_Beard

I think a lot of it down to uncertainty and the only 1 ticket per season ticket thing.

I would have had at least two for both Bairnsleh & Blackpool.

I would say most fans unsure of walk ups for obvious Covid reasons and also lateness of tickets going on sale.

If Blackpool was on a Satdee-easy would have sold 4K.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Again:
Excuses about prices, summer holidays, the new away kit not being out(!) or post-Covid worries would take a few hundred off the following, not several thousand.

Birmingham and Forest had rubbish kick off times and took over 2500. We can’t claim to have better away support than either if we can’t take more than 1500 away fans two hours up the road on an August Saturday afternoon. Really disappointing.

Last edited:

skybluegod

The excuse about 1 ticket per supporter number is being overused to be honest...

You can literally create a new supporter number in about 30 seconds? It may have limited sales initially but it's now on general sale. You could literally create 10 supporter numbers if you wanted to sit next to your mates.

COV

Always takes a while for our fans to get interested, it’s nothing to do with ticket numbers or any of that- people don’t care enough at this stage. If they did they’d find a way to get a ticket, it’s not rocket science getting yourself set up

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Didn't you used to be able to have 'friends' linked to your account and buy tickets for them as well as your own?

SlowerThanPlatt

Again:
Excuses about prices, summer holidays, the new away kit not being out(!) or post-Covid worries would take a few hundred off the following, not several thousand.

Birmingham and Forest had rubbish kick off times and took over 2500. We can’t claim to be bigger than either if we can’t take more than 1500 away fans two hours up the road on an August Saturday afternoon. Really disappointing.
Most neutrals would say Blues and certainly Forest are “bigger” than us

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Most neutrals would say Blues and certainly Forest are “bigger” than us

Sorry I didn’t mean bigger, that’s too ambiguous and a massive and tiring debate. To elaborate, I meant have a better away following than us.
In recent years our away followings have been impressive and generated lots of praise. I don’t want to see our away support drop off back to the give or take 1000 fans level again.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

This whole 'you can only buy one per season ticket holder' surely isn't a legitimate excuse people are using?! It's on General Sale. Anyone can buy a ticket? Completely dumbfounded as to how that can possibly be used as an excuse for people not going. For those saying its a shit system, I would be livid if I didn't get a Bournemouth away ticket at the expense of a ST holders mate who fancies the odd day on the booze by the sea

pusbccfc

This whole 'you can only buy one per season ticket holder' surely isn't a legitimate excuse people are using?! It's on General Sale. Anyone can buy a ticket? Completely dumbfounded as to how that can possibly be used as an excuse for people not going. For those saying its a shit system, I would be livid if I didn't get a Bournemouth away ticket at the expense of a ST holders mate who fancies the odd day on the booze by the sea

It's more than you can only buy one ticket per account.

So, although they are on general sale now, I couldn't buy 6 tickets.

Marty

I think the club were expecting a lot more sales. It makes sense to have 1 per season ticket for big games or small grounds.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

It's more than you can only buy one ticket per account.

So, although they are on general sale now, I couldn't buy 6 tickets.
Ah okay, that is slightly more understandable. Although is still easily solvable. Would make sense that when it reaches General Sale you can buy up to 6 tickets

Marty

Not an end that holds over 5k though , we aren't Leeds

No we aren't, but we haven't had an away game in 18 months, thought people would be chomping at the bit to get back. I did expect us to take 3,000 - 4,000.

COV

No we aren't, but we haven't had an away game in 18 months, thought people would be chomping at the bit to get back. I did expect us to take 3,000 - 4,000.

we had that at the weekend, people saying “it’s huge, 18 months since the last game” but crowds were piss poor across the board except Sheff Utd

Mucca Mad Boys

I bought my tickets today, but I hadn’t realised the tickets were on sale. That has probably played a factor into why ticket sales are suppressed.

Reactions: vow

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Barnsley twitter say they sent the tickets to us a while ago, but we didn't do anything and only put them on sale at the end or last week?

If that's true then I think some of this can be attributed to the club not being organised.

Liquid Gold

I think they need to re-think the 1 per STH allocation.

The take-up obviously hasn't been as quick as we thought it would be and one reason for that would be STHs who would normally purchase in priority for them and a couple of mates are waiting for general sale.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

I think they need to re-think the 1 per STH allocation.

The take-up obviously hasn't been as quick as we thought it would be and one reason for that would be STHs who would normally purchase in priority for them and a couple of mates are waiting for general sale.

We have over 10,000 season ticket holders and have only sold 1500. From that amount I’d expect us to have 2500-3000 as a hardcore away following for most weekend games.

Liquid Gold

We have over 10,000 season ticket holders and have only sold 1500. From that amount I’d expect us to have 2500-3000 as a hardcore away following for most weekend games.
A lot of our hardcore away following don't have season tickets though. It could be 2/3 season ticket holders out of a group of 10 that go away. Last season, and going back for as long as I can remember, the STH could have bought all 10 on day 1 of sale. Now all of those need to wait until general sale.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Ah okay, that is slightly more understandable. Although is still easily solvable. Would make sense that when it reaches General Sale you can buy up to 6 tickets

When on general sale, you should be allowed to buy as many as you like.

For Away Allocations under 1500 like Bournemouth say, it should be one per ST. This can then be increased based on the away allocation we get.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

A lot of our hardcore away following don't have season tickets though. It could be 2/3 season ticket holders out of a group of 10 that go away. Last season, and going back for as long as I can remember, the STH could have bought all 10 on day 1 of sale. Now all of those need to wait until general sale.

After 18 months of no away games and largely having our freedoms restricted, are you honestly telling me having to wait until general sale is the barrier to buying?
If that’s the case, tickets should be flying out in general sale now regardless.

Users who are viewing this thread