Match Thread Barnsley Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Somerset Sky Blue

Must admit I thought he was saying some of our lot were being feisty with Mr Barnsley! Mainly David O'Day to be fair, who always sounds a keystroke away from offering someone outside 🧣🧣
Oh, my fault for misinterpreting it, thought he was getting at our visitors (a few do deserve it).
That makes more sense - some of our posters would get feisty without an audience!

Barnsley

If you goal scoring threat is minimal, sorry, but so is your attacking threat! same thing.

Defensively we're very good we just let lots of goals in!

We’ll threaten to score all afternoon, but we won’t, the threat will be there I assure you.
Not sure, if it’s a lack experience, quality, or confidence, maybe a mixture of all 3, but hopefully we’ll sort it out sooner rather than later. If we score we’ll probably win, I just can’t see us scoring.

matesx

Just subscribed to i follow and paid to watch the Barnsley game.
Can i now watch on my telly via YouTube? Im an old git and dont have a clue.

Sky Blue Harry H

I tend to log onto ifollow via CCFC site, then link my laptop to my TV(I link it via wifi, although some use a HDMI cable). Hope that makes sense

CovInEssex

Nope, it isn't shown via YouTube. You'll have to put it on your laptop/phone and cast that to the TV.

PVA

Simplest way is to just plug a HDMI cable into your laptop.

So load up the match video screen on Saturday and literally just run a HDMI cable from your laptop to the back of your TV. If you have a Sky box you can just take the HDMI lead out the back of that and put it into your laptop

That should be all you need to do and the TV will just pick up the video.

cc84cov

We’ll threaten to score all afternoon, but we won’t, the threat will be there I assure you.
Not sure, if it’s a lack experience, quality, or confidence, maybe a mixture of all 3, but hopefully we’ll sort it out sooner rather than later. If we score we’ll probably win, I just can’t see us scoring.
Well hopefully an entertaining game and after the game we will wish you all the best obviously once we pick up the win if not you won’t hear off me 🤣

mark82

I'm confident we'll score.

Barnsley

Would be stunned if we only had 6 shots.

so far this season, in league and cup, shots against us.

Nottingham Forest (H) 5.
Luton Town (H) 3.
Middlesbrough (A) 12.
Reading (A) 6.

We work that hard off the ball chances against us, are few and far between. We’ve had 50 shots in them 4 games, so it’s not like we keep the ball away from teams, if anything we surrender possession to win it back high up the pitch.

reading this forum and knowing how we play, it’s going to be a interesting game on Saturday

mark82

Nottingham Forest (H) 5.
Luton Town (H) 3.
Middlesbrough (A) 12.
Reading (A) 6.

We work that hard off the ball chances against us, are few and far between. We’ve had 50 shots in them 4 games, so it’s not like we keep the ball away from teams, if anything we surrender possession to win it back high up the pitch.

reading this forum and knowing how we play, it’s going to be a interesting game on Saturday

I think 2 teams with a similar style. Could cancel each other out or could be an exciting game.

Liquid Gold

If offered it I wouldn't;t take a draw. Even though it would be a creditable result I think we should be looking to beat teams that are expected to be in the lower reaches of the league. I wouldn't be unhappy with a draw but go for a win here, we're not playing one of the power teams in the league.

Sky Blue Harry H

If offered it I wouldn't;t take a draw. Even though it would be a creditable result I think we should be looking to beat teams that are expected to be in the lower reaches of the league. I wouldn't be unhappy with a draw but go for a win here, we're not playing one of the power teams in the league.
Agree - we've got some tricky games after this (although I can never feel frightened of Bournemouth, because it's too gentle a place!) but Brentford away will be really difficult for all teams (unless they sell more of their stars), and Watford tough too, so we should go for a positive result at Barnsley (whether we get one or not)

Last edited:

PUSB-We_are_going_up

you’ll see what I mean on Saturday. We’ve need a clinical striker who can press we don’t have one. That’s all we are short, if ours develop that side of the game, or we sign one we’ll be a force to be reckoned with.
You seem to only be talking about your attackers how about your defenders?

kg82

Nottingham Forest (H) 5.
Luton Town (H) 3.
Middlesbrough (A) 12.
Reading (A) 6.

You keep saying “knowing how we play”, “have you seen us play”... the exact things apply to us.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I think it will be a good challenge for us but we should win and it will be a tough one because teams like Barnsley will be fighting to survive come the later stages of the season so they will be trying to get as many points as they can.
They arent really that bad a team but I think we are better because we can be clinical but it depends if we arent on the day then I cannot see anything but a draw

lifeskyblue

Barnsley a much underrated side. Have been both unlucky and wasteful in their 2 games so far. I think a draw should be seen as a decent result here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colin Steins Smile

Nottingham Forest (H) 5.
Luton Town (H) 3.
Middlesbrough (A) 12.
Reading (A) 6.

Some interesting stats, but given you are minus 2 players from your starting line up from Saturday. How confident are you that the replacements can continue the same level of performance?

robbiethemole

so far this season, in League and cup shots for us,

Bristol City (A) 16
Gillingham (A) 12
QPR (H) 12.

We have plenty of chances, so we'll give your keeper some work to do, I reckon.

Paxman II

Gotta be a win here I feel. We are better than them, and will play it around. They will have to rely on breakaways. That is where we need to be careful. Giles is the left wing back for sure. Rose should return to get our system and players that are used to the system back together. Sheaf should start and take his chance to stamp his place in the side. Kelly, Shippers and Walker on the bench.

Sky Blue Harry H

They will have to rely on breakaways

Interesting take on it. If they press like they usually do, it could be us hitting them on the break (a bit like QPR in the first half, although hopefully not that one sided!). Just bought the ifollow match pass earlier - looking forward to it!

Users who are viewing this thread