Match Thread Barnsley Match Thread (2 Viewers)

TomRad85

Dealt ok with the famous press, although short goal kicks give me a heart attack. Our players look better on the ball than theirs and of course, we've had the best chance.
Looking like a 0-0 atm, would like to see Walker for Godden and maybe Shipley on for Allen to get some shots away.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

stupot07

Decent enough half. Very cagey, both teams pressing, neither team look like scoring. Giles has had a lot of ball but we're looking poor in the final third. Its games like this, when Godden doesn't offer enough. Has 0-0 written all over it.

Hopefully we will do what we did against qpr and come out with more intensity.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Barnsley

What a shit show this is at the minute, two very energetic sides cancelling each other out, 18 & 38 are best two on the pitch First half, no real quality on show at the moment, dead balls from 38 are class and the header on to the bar from one was really unlucky, your the better side up to just though. Hopefully we come into it second half.

Evo1883

Feel that both sides are very organised and quite disciplined which doesn't add to the spectacle.

clint van damme

Half time thoughts, Fadz excellent including one moment of Samba defending. Giles wasted the ball when he's got opportunities in the final third. Sheaf bit languid at times and he's paid for that in conceding possession cheaply, but has also shown good quality and strength on the ball. They don't look up to much. Let's go and win it.

was that when he sent two of their attackers down the chippy with a turn and then leathered it about 40 yards to no-one?!

David O'Day

We've been the far better side they and should be a couple up but for crossbars and wank pull backs.

SlowerThanPlatt

Hopefully not famous last words but they have no goal threat whatsoever - if we can get a goal we should win

Has either team had a shot on target?

stupot07

Hopefully not famous last words but they have no goal threat whatsoever - if we can get a goal we should win

Yeah Barnsley had some from that styles but is was straight at Marosi.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

theferret

Things to be positive about and a game there for the taking, but it's all a bit scruffy and always disappointing to get to half time without an effort on target, although very unlucky with the header.

Covkid1968#

Happy with that half.... just need a shift of gear now. Barnsley lad was spot on. Press really hard and never stop.... good defensively but feck all up top. 1-0 to us or 0-0 seems the likely outcome here. I’d take either.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Hamer is clearly going to be a Premiership player in time. Our forward players need to catch up with his thinking. Sometime not enough movement for him.

You've touched on an excellent point which I noticed a couple of times in the first half. Some of the passes he played were almost too intelligent.

Winny the Bish

They had one shot that bounced into Marosi's arms.

Agree that Allen doesn't look great so far. Seems to be getting frustrated with no time on the ball.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Half time thoughts, Fadz excellent including one moment of Samba defending. Giles wasted the ball when he's got opportunities in the final third. Sheaf bit languid at times and he's paid for that in conceding possession cheaply, but has also shown good quality and strength on the ball. They don't look up to much. Let's go and win it.

McFazdean has been excellent so far.

Covkid1968#

Can’t get sound on ifollow but not that bothered. Used to like Clive but went on the Friday show with Juggy once and went off him.

Users who are viewing this thread