Match Thread Barnsley Match Thread (2 Viewers)

cc84cov

Struggling to see what Allen is supposed to be doing

again

KenilworthSkyBlue

To be fair to Giles, nobody is making the runs into the box.

Godden is, but he keeps on getting caught behind their 6"4 defenders. He needs to start making diagonal runs across the box towards the near post and try to get in front of them, otherwise they're going to continue to sweep up.

His movement today isn't as good as it usually is.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Barnsley press high with so many men that we have to punish them when we break. Many players not at the races I feel. Am I being too harsh?

Sky Blue Pete

Godden is, but he keeps on getting caught behind their 6"4 defenders. He needs to start making diagonal runs across the box towards the near post and try to get in front of them, otherwise they're going to continue to sweep up.

He’s setting them up

Nick

Administrator
Am I missing something with people wanting McCallum on for Giles for McCallum's crossing?

clint van damme

seeing Oakwell reminds me of our last day out there. Cracking day and a great atmosphere. Such a shame it's BCDs but more important things to consider currently.

clint van damme

he definitely looks a little off the pace today. Wonder if he's got a knock?

chiefdave

Decent enough first half. Need to sharpen up a bit when we're on the break but the game is definitely there for the taking in the second half.

Evo1883

Steady half... Bit predictable at times we need to get o hare and Allen a bit more involved... Barnsley working as we were told very hard... Can they do it for 90... City just on top imo

Skybluefaz

Half time thoughts, Fadz excellent including one moment of Samba defending. Giles wasted the ball when he's got opportunities in the final third. Sheaf bit languid at times and he's paid for that in conceding possession cheaply, but has also shown good quality and strength on the ball. They don't look up to much. Let's go and win it.

lifeskyblue

So so first half. Neither side really threatened from open play. Ostigard close from header. Hamer looks class then plays very loose ball. Same with sheaf...calm and considered then gives away cheaply. Central back 3 looking composed. Godden not looking comfortable at the minute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PVA

He's not a bad player by any means, but I'm not sure exactly what Allen excels at.

He's not quick, he doesn't beat a man, doesn't get in the box very often and doesn't score many.

Tidy little player who pops up in space and works hard, but I think we need a bit more from that position.

Jamesimus

Sheaf looking a bit off the pace. Hamer has been good. O Hare and Allen not involved enough. Giles been good.

Users who are viewing this thread