Match Thread Barnsley Match Thread (4 Viewers)

procdoc

I think today will be a 1-1 draw. Think too many on here are underestimating Barnsley

Reactions: AOM

Gibbo

I like you Gibbo despite(or maybe because) of the nonsense you post, but people in glass houses....
I was fortunate (or unfortunate depending on your point of view) to watch Scargill close too in 1984. I concluded he was a charlatan. This mini thread belongs elsewhere.

Skyblueweeman

Way out of the loop as our daughter finally arrived last week, so I’ve had the joy of sleepless nights and looking after our other one who has just started to walk.....

So assuming no injuries I’d keep the team the same. I rate McCallum but don’t hold him in the same regret as some do on here based on the McCallum thread (albeit I only scanned it), and the importance of two attacking wing backs is pivotal to our system, and Giles pips McCallum in that area.

I’d also keep Shipley in, he hasn’t done anything to lose his shirt and while I’m sure Sheaf has pedigree he doesn’t deserve to walk into the team yet.

Intrigued to see Chaplin play, I usually like to give players the benefit of the doubt, but I really struggled to see what he offered as a player when he was with us. However that was always caveated by the fact our system didn’t suit him.

I maintain we have a good squad of players and as fans we are underestimating that, and the strength of our system in utilising them. And ultimately I think we’ll surprise people this year. So this is a good test; if I’m correct then in theory we should be the stronger team and come away with a win based on the fact they were one of the weaker teams last year.

3-1, Godden, O’Hare, Ostigard (and Chaplin for them).

Congrats mate. Hardest, but 100%, the best job ever. Enjoy every minute. Hope mum and baby are well.

Sky Blue Harry H

No tippy tappy around the back early doors please. We've got a bit more height than they have, so set pieces could be a decent weapon today.

Tommo1993

They’re confident with their team. Think it’ll be a frustrating game...Was quietly confident in the week.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Robins mentioned their press, so hopefully we play accordingly. Getting nervous now...

We will just have to press harder than them then.

PVA

Uhoh, Marosi definitely just winced badly and held his hip/side in the clip of shooting practice they just showed.

Please be OK.

cc84cov

High press working well for them so far we need to get hold of it in midfield sheaf and Hamer need to come and collect instead of forcing it long

Users who are viewing this thread