Match Thread Barnsley Match Thread (2 Viewers)

Great_Expectations

Way out of the loop as our daughter finally arrived last week, so I’ve had the joy of sleepless nights and looking after our other one who has just started to walk.....

So assuming no injuries I’d keep the team the same. I rate McCallum but don’t hold him in the same regret as some do on here based on the McCallum thread (albeit I only scanned it), and the importance of two attacking wing backs is pivotal to our system, and Giles pips McCallum in that area.

I’d also keep Shipley in, he hasn’t done anything to lose his shirt and while I’m sure Sheaf has pedigree he doesn’t deserve to walk into the team yet.

Intrigued to see Chaplin play, I usually like to give players the benefit of the doubt, but I really struggled to see what he offered as a player when he was with us. However that was always caveated by the fact our system didn’t suit him.

I maintain we have a good squad of players and as fans we are underestimating that, and the strength of our system in utilising them. And ultimately I think we’ll surprise people this year. So this is a good test; if I’m correct then in theory we should be the stronger team and come away with a win based on the fact they were one of the weaker teams last year.

3-1, Godden, O’Hare, Ostigard (and Chaplin for them).

shmmeee

Way out of the loop as our daughter finally arrived last week, so I’ve had the joy of sleepless nights and looking after our other one who has just started to walk.....

So assuming no injuries I’d keep the team the same. I rate McCallum but don’t hold him in the same regret as some do on here based on the McCallum thread (albeit I only scanned it), and the importance of two attacking wing backs is pivotal to our system, and Giles pips McCallum in that area.

I’d also keep Shipley in, he hasn’t done anything to lose his shirt and while I’m sure Sheaf has pedigree he doesn’t deserve to walk into the team yet.

Intrigued to see Chaplin play, I usually like to give players the benefit of the doubt, but I really struggled to see what he offered as a player when he was with us. However that was always caveated by the fact our system didn’t suit him.

I maintain we have a good squad of players and as fans we are underestimating that, and the strength of our system in utilising them. And ultimately I think we’ll surprise people this year. So this is a good test; if I’m correct then in theory we should be the stronger team and come away with a win based on the fact they were one of the weaker teams last year.

Congrats buddy. Hope mother and child are well.

kg82

Congrats!

I wouldn’t say Giles pips McCallum. What I would say is they are 2 very decent LWB’s and Giles has done well and earned a starting place. McCallum will have to work hard to get in, and that’s great for competition.

Sbarcher

Best wishes and your daughter should obviously be called Rose.

standupforcity

Congrats buddy. Hope mother and child are we

standupforcity

Congrats...I'm sure she fulfils your 'Great Expectations'.... :)

stevefloyd

Theres something to say about being celibate or indeed had the snip :)

Mucca Mad Boys

Wycombe are really poor. Already 2-0 down at home.

They were lucky to even be in the playoffs last season. In my view, they’re just not good enough for the Championship and it’s showing.

They’re too direct, and too reliant on set pieces to get a foothold in games. Even last season they had some of the fewest goals in the league from open play.

Compare them to us, we had 38% possession v QPR and we try to keep possession when we have the ball ourselves. They’re going to struggle to get over 40% possession in most games this season.

duffer

Congratulations, hope you’re all doing well.

It gets easier, I’ve been told the first twenty years are the hardest. :)

clint van damme

Congratulations to you and the missus GE!

bawtryneal

The Barnsley pitch looks good
Weird sitting at home watching the build up on Iplayer and waiting until 2pm to open a can
Come on City !!
Will be a tough game and but think we have a stronger squad and the 7 day rest will help.
1-0 City with late goal as they tire.

PVA

Sheaf in for Shipley.

A little harsh on Shipley who I thought did OK last week in that slightly unfamiliar role but Sheaf obviously a better fit there, looking forward to seeing how he gets on.

clint van damme

Sheaf in for Shipley.

A little harsh on Shipley who I thought did OK last week in that slightly unfamiliar role but Sheaf obviously a better fit there, looking forward to seeing how he gets on.

Shipley looked uncomfortable playing there. Right decision to bring in someone who actually plays in that role.

cc84cov

Sheaf in for Shipley is the correct decision let’s not forget ronins is seeing them in training all week

Happy with that 🙏🏼

Users who are viewing this thread