Barnsley (away) match thread Tuesday 7.45pm (1 Viewer)

stupot07

I would think it's been worse since Hunt came in and Maddison came back from injury.

Yeah, we went 6 games unbeaten, picking up 14 points, including beating Gillingham to go top following Reda's injury, so it didn't hinder us. There's been a lot of changes in the squad since that game, and I agree it's more down to that than Reda's injury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Sky Blue Harry H

Half time, we're still 6th. Win next 2 games (i know:D) and we'll still be in the mix. P.S. I'm going to be drinking several pints before the Rochdale game!

Terry Gibson's perm

I would get Henderson on and go a little bit more direct might even make the keeper kick one instead of rolling it out and putting people into trouble

lifeskyblue

Embarrassing really

Even walking off they don't looked hyped up despite it only being HT

Even when fans chanted, nothing

I'm beginning to think something seriously wrong in the dressing room. Whereas a coulee months ago they looked like a team and were up for each other...now a shambles of disinterested individuals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 4439

Yeah, we went 6 games unbeaten, picking up 14 points, including beating Gillingham to go top following Reda's injury, so it didn't hinder us. There's been a lot of changes in the squad since that game, and I agree it's more down to that than Reda's injury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Must have started with losing Kent, then....

chiefdave

I can understand a run of bad results but why are the performances so terrible. We don't seem to be close to competing. There should have been a big reaction from the performance on Saturday but it just seems like more of the same.

chiefdave

I'm beginning to think something seriously wrong in the dressing room. Whereas a coulee months ago they looked like a team and were up for each other...now a shambles of disinterested individuals

You do have to wonder what is behind it. Maybe it is something like that. Early in the season we had a very young squad who were really hungry and up for it and seemed to have a bit of an 'all in it together' kind of attitude.

As we've added experience to the squad we've got worse.

italiahorse

Embarrassing first half.
Passing it out from the back every time and then being chased down until it's forced back to Goalie. Who then is forced to do a big kick to nowhere.
We try and play it out but no one in a position to accept it. Ends with a boot towards Armstrong that ends up with the goalie.
Ricketts is easy pickings.down this right hand side.
We have the wind in second half whatever that means.

jimchin

Tougher questions have to be asked of Mowbray...the wheels have spectacularly come off, all the 'we can't win every game, it's tough' etc is bilge...

Nick

Administrator
Embarrassing first half.
Passing it out from the back every time and then being chased down until it's forced back to Goalie. Who then is forced to do a big kick to nowhere.
We try and play it out but no one in a position to accept it. Ends with a boot towards Armstrong that ends up with the goalie.
Ricketts is easy pickings.down this right hand side.
We have the wind in second half whatever that means.

Sounds like it means the wind will help our passes reach their players!

coop

Maybe job had a bit to do with team morale ending up being shit I remember him putting a picture on instagram after the crewe game with arma maddison and I think Murphy with a comment like looking for self praise or something like that.

chiefdave

Tougher questions have to be asked of Mowbray...the wheels have spectacularly come off, all the 'we can't win every game, it's tough' etc is bilge...

I could take dropping points to the teams right up at the top. After all every team has a dip in form. But we then went into a run of supposedly easier games and are dropping points all over the place. Something has gone very wrong. The most worrying thing is the players don't seem that bothered.

Great_Expectations

It certainly appears as if something has happened behind the scenes. The way we are losing, the individual performances and overall work ethic are a complete contrast from a few months ago.

Nick

Administrator

There will only be so far I guess, we are dropping like a stone.

It is all well and good being in the top 6 still off early form, but while other teams around us and above us win games their form will help them through.

Otis

To put a positive slant on it, as we are so awful tonight, you would have to take a 0-1 as a very good result wouldn't you?

Grendel

It certainly appears as if something has happened behind the scenes. The way we are losing, the individual performances and overall work ethic are a complete contrast from a few months ago.

Happened before to Mowbrays teams

stupot07

To put a positive slant on it, as we are so awful tonight, you would have to take a 0-1 as a very good result wouldn't you?

No. .

hill83

Judge-Judy-Opening-up-Laptop-Slowly.gif

Users who are viewing this thread