Barnsley (away) match thread Tuesday 7.45pm (3 Viewers)

AFCCOVENTRY

Need to get Martin and Lorentzon back in the back line. Ricketts needs dropping.

Hunt should never play again this season.

Tudgay proved why he should never start.

Murphy...what's the point right now with him.

Fleck apparently has his head turned with contract offers from other clubs.

Vincelot doesn't have the fight anymore.

Arma looks lost these days.

Maddison just flatter to deceive.

RCC isn't bad for L1..there are better.

ccfc92

I'm waiting for the pessimism now with outrageous statements that TM is no good etc etc. This happens in football nothing to do with our history. Conventional wisdom suggest our form will improve just in time as other results have gone our way recently which keeps us in the hunt. TM must galvanize them now quickly starting Saturday and he thankfully is the experience we need to get through this and pick it up again. Form might be poor but that is due a change.

But with results going our way, we should be gaining ground. Not staying still or losing ground.

Results like Swindon, Oldham and Blackpool still haunt me. The draws have hindered us early on, and now we can't string 2 wins together.

st john

Telegraph player ratings:
I know it's very early for accurate player ratings yet but Maddison top on 3.2 !! Obviously reflects how bad we were tonight.

I'm definitely starting to think there is something wrong in the dressing room, this team are still on paper one of the best in this league

ccfc92

It's like those cartoons where a person is clinging to a rope overhanging a cliff and the rope strands are fraying one by one.

I think we've gone past that and its Wile e coyote saying:

wile_e__coyote_by_infinityandbeyond2-d6f6o74.jpg

sw88

Chief Commentator!
TM

Can't tell you what emotions are

Disappointed and frustrated

Doesn't look like a CCFC team we're used to seeing

Down in confidence

Thanks to travelling fans

Players been magnificent all season but not at those standard

Anther opportunity Saturday

Barnsley powerful from set pieces

Top two collusus

We have two young boys playing CB. Men variably get job done and we're reliant on two boys

Too many below par

Too many didn't turn up tonight

Wet and windy night in Barnsley

Lacking a bit tonight

Didn't do enough from first whistle to the last

Sometimes footballers need telling wen its not good enough and tonight was that

Don't see too many positives tonight

Have to stand up and be a man. Need to see that over the next few weeks

Nick

Administrator
Telegraph player ratings:
I know it's very early for accurate player ratings yet but Maddison top on 3.2 !! Obviously reflects how bad we were tonight.

I'm definitely starting to think there is something wrong in the dressing room, this team are still on paper one of the best in this league

What did Maddison do to be the best player? Other than be from Coventry and wear a headband?

Brylowes

Yes, I believed it. At one point we were 11 points clear of 7th place. ELEVEN points!

It's been an unbelievable fall from grace.
Traveling to Southend in car with son,brother & nephew,we were talking all things
Cov, when I piped up with, well it will take one monumental Fuck up to miss
out now. We were 11 clear that day,but I could feel it sticking in my throat as
I said it, in the back of my mind I'm thinking Cov fans should never talk like that.

Otis

TM

Can't tell you what emotions are

Disappointed and frustrated

Doesn't look like a CCFC team we're used to seeing

Down in confidence

Thanks to travelling fans

Players been magnificent all season but not at those standard

Anther opportunity Saturday

Barnsley powerful from set pieces

Top two collusus

We have two young boys playing CB. Men variably get job done and we're reliant on two boys

Too many below par

Too many didn't turn up tonight

Wet and windy night in Barnsley

Lacking a bit tonight

Didn't do enough from first whistle to the last

Sometimes footballers need telling wen its not good enough and tonight was that

Don't see too many positives tonight

Have to stand up and be a man. Need to see that over the next few weeks
Footballers need telling when it's not good enough and tonight was that?

What about Saturday? He seems to put that down as just one of those things, yet that was nowhere near good enough.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Footballers need telling when it's not good enough?

What about Saturday? He seems to put that down as just one of those things.

That's what concerns me the most Otis. In our recent spell of (disastrous) form, I can't remember once where he's shown any real sign of proportioning the blame on the team for not being good enough, other than the odd side comment.

You don't need to go over the top, but if you can't tell the team when they haven't been good enough, they'll never learn from their mistakes.

stupot07

How did Hunt play?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Otis

Just seen the goals on SSN. Both terrible

First one looks like it is Cargill, who just doesn't jump at all and the second is an awful mistake by RCC.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Just seen the goals on SSN. Both terrible

First one looks like it is Cargill, who just doesn't jump at all and the second is an awful mistake by RCC.

The first one is weird. It looks as if RCC almost hesitates as he's scared to hit Murphy (who was supposed to be on the post or what?) as he's diving. It looks like he should be able to reach it.

The second one is just a lapse in concentration I think. A poor judgement and then it fell to their player.

We seriously have to improve though, starting yesterday.

stupot07

Did he play? :thinking about:

He was awful. Having him and Fleck both non existent in midfield tonight really didn't help, but worst two games for them two IMO

A really strange signing IMO, yes used to be decent and used to be energetic but is now 34, hadn't played any competitive for all or u21's for Ipswich before joining us, made 2 appearances, got subbed at half time, then been out of the squad for a month but hadn't played in any u21 games for us in that time, then brought back into the starting line up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Jackoskyblue

Just got back home. Awful night

I seen nothing from anyone on that pitch no passion no effort no commitment. Barnsley wanted it 1000x more than us crunching tackles while we just dangled our foot in every now and again

Barnsley could have scored as many as they wanted but they aren't world beaters what they were was a team full of grit and determination v a bunch of players who think they are premiership

I've been fairly positive during this run until now and I do believe that's us done unless something spectacular happens.

The only thing I would say is this is in no way mowbrays fault. Solely down to the players, there's no leaders in there, someone in that squad needs to get the players by the scruff of the neck and give them a kick up the arse and start taking responsibility because most of them look like they are counting down to the days until they go on holiday and it's no fair on us loyal supporters.

One positive the burger weren't to bad

ccfcway

The only thing I would say is this is in no way mowbrays fault. Solely down to the players, there's no leaders in there, someone in that squad needs to get the players by the scruff of the neck and give them a kick up the arse and start taking responsibility because most of them look like they are counting down to the days until they go on holiday and it's no fair on us loyal supporters.

Isnt that Mowbrays job ?

Terry Gibson's perm

Got back just after midnight after travelling back through miles of cones with fuck all going on and then getting to the end of them for the motorway to go to one lane for temporary roadworks.

dreadful performance going to miss Saturday as my daughter is having an operation did think about going to Shrewsbury next week but after the players didn't bother turning up tonight why should I next week? Might feel happier in the morning, at least Leicester didn't win.

Otis

A really strange signing IMO, yes used to be decent and used to be energetic but is now 34, hadn't played any competitive for all or u21's for Ipswich before joining us, made 2 appearances, got subbed at half time, then been out of the squad for a month but hadn't played in any u21 games for us in that time, then brought back into the starting line up.

You would have thought Rose with his energy and his box to box attributes would have been a much wiser choice, but hey, we're just fans aren't we, what do we know!

Otis

Chicken and egg though. The manager picks the players ad TM, for instance, has been picking the badly out of form Ricketts now week in,week out.

Also a manager's job to look at what is and is not working and change things, not leaving players on the pitch who are having terrible games.

The Lurker

I am still fuming, I've had about 5 hours sleep. That performance last night was shocking. No fight, no spark nothing. All the fans saying it's only a blip need to wake up! This club is in turmoil again on the pitch. We have no chance of making the playoffs going on the performances. Some on here saying results went in our favour, good job again. We've been saying that for weeks!!! This league is shit and was our best chance of getting out.

Fleck useless.
Hunt headless chicken. Why didn't lamieras start?
Tudgay shocking, we weren't playing 4-4-2, it was 4-4-1-1.
Ricketts needs to be dropped (I said this after Saturday)

Tbf all played shocking except for rose when he came on and Murphy who when plays on the left looks different player!

I lost half a days work. Spent over £80 and am knackered today. All for that shower of shite. Not acceptable

The Lurker

I'm waiting for the pessimism now with outrageous statements that TM is no good etc etc. This happens in football nothing to do with our history. Conventional wisdom suggest our form will improve just in time as other results have gone our way recently which keeps us in the hunt. TM must galvanize them now quickly starting Saturday and he thankfully is the experience we need to get through this and pick it up again. Form might be poor but that is due a change.

Form might be poor? it fucking is poor! 15 points from 16 games! If this was under Pressley he would be getting slaughtered on here. Too many mowbary tinted glasses on. We are not good enough for play off places

The Lurker

Fuck me you are a lot of drama queens.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

You fucking idiot! Drama queens? How you work that out? This club is in turmoil on the pitch. Something has happened! I wasted a day and night to watch that crap in the wind and rain. We were shit and bar the odd game have been for the past 3 months. We won't make the playoffs and your coming out with crap like this! Imbecile

jas365

I am still fuming, I've had about 5 hours sleep. That performance last night was shocking. No fight, no spark nothing. All the fans saying it's only a blip need to wake up! This club is in turmoil again on the pitch. We have no chance of making the playoffs going on the performances. Some on here saying results went in our favour, good job again. We've been saying that for weeks!!! This league is shit and was our best chance of getting out.

Fleck useless.

Tbf all played shocking except for rose when he came on and Murphy who when plays on the left looks different player!

I lost half a days work. Spent over £80 and am knackered today. All for that shower of shite. Not acceptable

Pretty much agree with your post Lurker, i'd add Vincelot to that list, he was awful as well last night. With many more performances like that last night we'll do well to finish in the top half.

Fergusons_Beard

Went last night.

Reminded me of last year when players were equally non-plussed.

That match players played liked zombies-which I thought was strange given that TM was watching and that they were playing for a place in the team.

Last night was equally as bad.

My theory is that TM has recruited too many players. Hunt and Rammage should never have been given a contract.

Hunt doesn't play for weeks yet gets a starting birth over Reuben!

We've got loans who really haven't played senior football against proper men.

TM team selection was very poor-it really does look like we haven't done our homework about opposition teams.

Else why would he pick two little players up front on a pitch notorious for being in a terrible condition!

Wind played a part but far too many players misplaced passes and that is just down to a lack of concentration and NOT a lack of confidence.

Very proud to be part of an away following that cheered the players off at half time to try and gee them up. Would've been easier to boo. Didn't have any affect though in the second half.

For those thinking Henderson is a solution-he is not. He can barely move and has a turn like an oil tanker.

Yes he could be an impact sub-but only with players around him that will make runs off his flick ons.

I don't feel that this result means the end of our season and I am still optimistic given the personal but TM has got to look at those that players that don't perform when given a chance and don't pick them.

Final stat-When we went top Barnsley were bottom now we are on the same points.

We need to go on another run!

In went in off Ferguson's beard....

dongonzalos

Fleck useless.

That's why fans should always be able to expect effort as a minimum. Also the guy doing the 400 mile round trip.
I don't mind s defeat if the effort was there and it just didn't our way.

covcity4life

oddly content today. other results were kind to us. we are still top 6 and now a home game to try sort ourselves out

Users who are viewing this thread