Barnsley (away) match thread Tuesday 7.45pm (1 Viewer)

GaryJones

I think given the inconsistency so far and the unpredictable nature of this league Cov might actually win this one - we really could do with it as I think if we drop out of the top 6 Im not sure we will get back in it again - I think this team is psychologically weak - probably down to the number of non-owned loan players perhaps.
Dont think we will drop like a stone but I've got this awful feeling in my stomach that we might just finish 7th this season!
I hope not but its now that we need to pull our fingers out.

Otis

I think given the inconsistency so far and the unpredictable nature of this league Cov might actually win this one - we really could do with it as I think if we drop out of the top 6 Im not sure we will get back in it again - I think this team is psychologically weak - probably down to the number of non-owned loan players perhaps.
Dont think we will drop like a stone but I've got this awful feeling in my stomach that we might just finish 7th this season!
I hope not but its now that we need to get our fingers out.
I agree about dropping out and not getting back in again. Think it would be a massive psychological blow and could affect everyone, players and fans alike.

Rochdale is going to be a very tough game for us too and they are a much better side than Fleetwood.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

He also hasn't played in the last couple of u21's games either, in fact looking back at the thread he's not featured in any of the February u21 games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Ah right in that case must be injured.

GaryJones

I agree about dropping out and not getting back in again. Think it would be a massive psychological blow and could affect everyone, players and fans alike.

Rochdale is going to be a very tough game for us too and they are a much better side than Fleetwood.

We need strong players who "look like" they give a shit - only takes someone like Murphy on his recent form to drag the rest down it seems. Never seen a player so uninterested in my life!

Otis

We need strong players who "look like" they give a shit - only takes someone like Murphy on his recent form to drag the rest down it seems. Never seen a player so uninterested in my life!
I have always liked Murphy, but he is now trying my patience too.

When he is on form all the things he can't do are not important. When he is off form it is like playing with 10 men. He can't tackle and he has no sense of defensive cover play.

When he is blowing hot those things are not so important, because at times he is unstoppable.

Most worrying for me on Saturday was that he was sluggish and lacked his usual pace.

callumeast

I hate being that guy but I've constantly said he's lazy and uninterested. I used to get berated for saying that, too.

Paxman II

I have always liked Murphy, but he is now trying my patience too.

When he is on form all the things he can't do are not important. When he is off form it is like playing with 10 men. He can't tackle and he has no sense of defensive cover play.

When he is blowing hot those things are not so important, because at times he is unstoppable.

Most worrying for me on Saturday was that he was sluggish and lacked his usual pace.

I'd have to think about replacing Murphy with Hunt. Start with the same group other than that. have Henderson and Tudguy on the bench. Hit them on the break at pace using the spread of the pitch with Hunt wide. maybe Rose in the middle maybe to strengthen that area. But not wholesale changes as they have to be allowed to redeem themselves.

Otis

Hunt hasn't appeared at all though, not on the bench or in the U21's! Tells me he's injured.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Pipehitterz

hoping for a win of course.
would like to see some kind of reaction from a similar side to saturday, but expecting at least 3 changes

hope its better than last year, and warmer too, brrrrrrr

stevefloyd

I think playing away at this stage may be a good option for us because of the fantastic away support, when we play at home and are winning the crowd are like the 12th man but when we are shall we say off colour the crowd are like 2 red cards

GaryJones

Murphy looks burned out to me - either that or he has a virus called lackadaisical-itis.
I fear for the future of Norwich City if they get Maddison and Murphy playing as they both did on Saturday!

chiefdave

Murphy looks burned out to me - either that or he has a virus called lackadaisical-itis.
I fear for the future of Norwich City if they get Maddison and Murphy playing as they both did on Saturday!

Could be carrying a knock. Although if he is he shouldn't be playing.

Farmerron

What happened to the days when we went to Barnsley expecting a 4 - 1 win?

Anyway I had a dream last night, we drew 3 - 3 after being three down at half-time. Only problem, we were playing Burnley not Barnsley!

Otis

What happened to the days when we went to Barnsley expecting a 4 - 1 win?

Anyway I had a dream last night, we drew 3 - 3 after being three down at half-time. Only problem, we were playing Burnley not Barnsley!
So that's a dream for next year then.

Nick

Administrator
I might have a cheeky 2-1 to us bet, maybe with a Chris Stokes anytime! (scrappy winner from a corner)

robbiethemole

bloody Barnsley?????? remember in the champ we started the season against them about 4 times in a row and won them all!!!

I think we'll get the reaction from the side tonight we need, we always seem to be slow after a break instead of refreshed, just need to play more often to get up to speed.

3-1 City. PUSB

CJ_covblaze

I'd take a draw up there. As others have said they're in good form.

tom88

bloody Barnsley?????? remember in the champ we started the season against them about 4 times in a row and won them all!!!

I think we'll get the reaction from the side tonight we need, we always seem to be slow after a break instead of refreshed, just need to play more often to get up to speed.

3-1 City. PUSB

I think we will get a reaction tonight and with regards to needing to play more often we have 4 games in the next 2 weeks.

CJ_covblaze

Incidentally this is the Tuesday we played them last season. Just beaten MK and Mowbray was in the stands.

covcity4life

2-1 loss

now i am hoping they make me look silly with a 1-0 win

trying not to think too much about this game, will make the disappointment easier lol

Users who are viewing this thread