Barnsley (away) match thread Tuesday 7.45pm (4 Viewers)

Otis

What? Hunt hasn't been playing at all! Not on the bench, not in the U21's.

Massive gamble.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
What? Hunt hasn't been playing at all? Not on the bench, not in the U21's.

Massive gamble.

I guess he will be coming off around half time / 60 minutes for Maddison or Lamieres (or maybe even Rose).

MatthewWallis

Hope Murphy tries tonight. Can't believe he's got away with a shit performance by starting the next game again, he doesn't seem to get punished for poor performances.

Let's hope he proves why he's in the starting line up and shuts me up :)

Nick

Administrator
Let's hope he proves why he's in the starting line up and shuts me up :)

Nothing better than what that happens though. I remember slating Jordon Clarke on here before he scored a winner and had a blinder :) Was more than happy to be wrong!

I was eleven in 87

I'm starting to wonder if there is a clause in Murphys contract that says he must start games.

I'm not one for getting on people's backs too much but if I played on a Sunday like he did on Saturday the fuckin corner flag would start before me!!

SkyBlue_Bear83

I'm starting to wonder if there is a clause in Murphys contract that says he must start games.

I'm not one for getting on people's backs too much but if I played on a Sunday like he did on Saturday the fuckin corner flag would start before me!!

I'm starting to wonder whether Fortune has lent Murphy his blackmail material

Grendel

No Cole then?

steve82

Sounds 442 like tonight, or a variation of it. Cole was never gonna start, changes look positive tho I'd of liked Murphy to drop to the bench and Ricketts too.

Gazolba

Not much height in Tudgay and Armstrong. I can see Henderson coming in at some point.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

O'Brien was dropped after good performances, Lameiras was dropped after good performances, Tudgay was dropped after good performances. Jacob Murphy has been the poorest player on the pitch for the last 5 or 6 games, so how on earth is he still in the team?

As he has been so shit for so long he'll probably have a good game tonight. We need that, because we really need to win. Drop out the top six and I don't think we'll get back in.

chiefdave

Irrespective of his performances Murphy appeared to be injured at the weekend. There's been no mention of that and he's in the starting line up again. Would have been tempted to at least drop him to the bench.

Nick

Administrator
Irrespective of his performances Murphy appeared to be injured at the weekend. There's been no mention of that and he's in the starting line up again. Would have been tempted to at least drop him to the bench.

Yeah, it is very strange.

Will be interesting to hear from the people up there if he shows any signs.

Yeah he seemed to pull up holding his left or right thigh in the first few minutes. Didn't see him signal to the bench at all. Thought he started the 2nd half well against that tall right back. Let's hope he justifies his place tonight.

skybluetony176

Not much height in Tudgay and Armstrong. I can see Henderson coming in at some point.

Tudgay is pretty handy in the air for a little guy though. Not as good as a big guy but always seems to win more than his fair share when you consider his stature.

Covstar

We are playing Barnsley and its standard to score 4 against them. But today will be the day we wont score 4... Full time Score - Barnsley 0-6 Coventry. Armstrong and Tudgay with braces, John fleck with a cheeky lob from 20 yards and Murphy scores an ibrahimovic-esqe overhead kick from 35 yards which flies into the top corner.

skybluetony176

Yeah he seemed to pull up holding his left or right thigh in the first few minutes. Didn't see him signal to the bench at all. Thought he started the 2nd half well against that tall right back. Let's hope he justifies his place tonight.

He looked to me like he had a twisted ankle he was trying to walk of (right ankle IIRC) but couldn't.

Nick

Administrator
Tudgay is pretty handy in the air for a little guy though. Not as good as a big guy but always seems to win more than his fair share when you consider his stature.

Yeah, he can hold it up well as well.

I remember against Walsall last season I think he had a great game and won everything.

Users who are viewing this thread