Ball boy (1 Viewer)

Mucca Mad Boys

If im honest (i'll get the holier-than-thou types trying to preach) i would want my 10 year old lad to tell them to do one in so many words. Make the bullies look 2ft tall that would. Getting 'mugged' off by a 10 year old would be fair more amusing

Ok, but the ball boy was infront of 1500 pretty pissed off away fans, he wasn't going to shout back into them, is he!? It may have been 1 'man' but in the heat of the moment, he might have thought it was 3-4, and let's face it, you, nor I nor anyone would give it large to 3-4 'men' when your 10.

Also, he's a ball boy, he might be stripped of the privledge of being a ball boy for your team, he may have been scared of that!

Astute

So what's gonna be the response to Kilbane swearing at a fan.. Guessing that's going to be acceptable..?

He should be dealt with, but how can a player reacting to loads of shit from fans be seen anywhere near as bad as this idiot doing what he did to a 10 year old lad?

Astute

If im honest (i'll get the holier-than-thou types trying to preach) i would want my 10 year old lad to tell them to do one in so many words. Make the bullies look 2ft tall that would. Getting 'mugged' off by a 10 year old would be fair more amusing

Spot on.

I have brought my kids up to be polite to their elders. Not to let them take the piss though. All my kids are a fair size. Out of all of the older ones my eldest daughter is the shortest. She is only 5'8" She has my temper when dealing with idiots though. Very timid, but take the p!ss and she will punch you in the face without thinking. She is slim, but sure does pack a punch :eek: Not everyone can be seen as the same though. One of my lads is a bit soft. If it is not in them you can't do much about it. I did try.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I'd like it to have been one of either of my 10 & 12 year old grandsons! They've both just earned their 3rd belts in Mixed Martial Arts. Tough little buggers they are too! (The youngest is also a barm-pot rugby player!) ;)

CTID

Not read through all of this but how segragated were the fans? Just thinking if that was my lad i wouldnt have let anyone stop me getting over to my son to protect him. Id have ran across the pitch if i needed to. Guess his old man may have been completely oblivous, or not there, who knows. Makes my blood boil just thinking about it being my son

dongonzalos

Exactly! I remember the Sheffield Utd fans giving our ball boy s**t.. What was done there?
This whole situation has been taken out of content. Everyone was as annoyed as each other.. Even worse than this person.
who gives a shit about Sheff utd. It was one of ours who bullied a kid. What a twat.
Well done crewe. However hope our club ban him, so I can be proud if our club.

smileycov

Facebook User
who gives a shit about Sheff utd. It was one of ours who bullied a kid. What a twat.
Well done crewe. However hope our club ban him, so I can be proud if our club.

So the fact that "one of ours" got abused is okay is it? as long as we do right for others, others can abuse our fans/staff whoever as much as they want?

Just trying to establish your point of view!

Jimthor

I thought about starting a new thread for this, but it's probably better contained here.

I should preface this by saying that I don't know what was said to the ballboy, but what happened was clearly not on, and it's right that the guy is punished.

However, with the news that the guy's been charged, I'd be interested to hear some views on the precedent it may set.

Have people been arrested before at football before for "public order offences", outside of racism cases?

Football is a slightly unusual case if you think about it. There's plenty of things you'd get away with at a football game that you probably never would on the street. Is this changing? Should this change?

If yes, then where is the line drawn? You can't have a football fan arrested every time they shouted something 'untoward' at a fan / player / manager / official etc... can you?

It's a bit of an off-shoot from the thread, and I don't actually know where I sit on it myself, but I'm definitely interested to hear opinions.

You also can't arrest everone who drink drives, burgles or speeds, but coming down on the ones who do get caught sends a message and that is what our legal system stands for.

I also can't understand why the "I was sat 2 seats away and saw it all" brigade didn't step in or at least report the abusive lemon??

It answers all the people who foolishly asked why a 10 year old didn't stand up to the moron and got upset if none of the full grown "men" surrounding him weren't preared to do anything :facepalm:

Sutty

I'm no law expert but I think it's the case that if you act in a way that is likely to cause significant distress for someone or a group of people, then you can be arrested.

I don't what he said but I'm guessing if he'd done what he did in a busy city centre he'd be arrested. For too long being in a football ground has been an excuse for despicable behaviour. It's good that the situation is being looked at properly.

I think Wyken is arguing a different point, not excusing the guy but talking about how the kid might have reacted, which is obviously a different debate altogether.

smileycov

Facebook User
You also can't arrest everone who drink drives, burgles or speeds, but coming down on the ones who do get caught sends a message and that is what our legal system stands for.

I also can't understand why the "I was sat 2 seats away and saw it all" brigade didn't step in or at least report the abusive lemon??

It answers all the people who foolishly asked why a 10 year old didn't stand up to the moron and got upset if none of the full grown "men" surrounding him weren't preared to do anything :facepalm:
If you read the earlier posts regarding this incident, people did step in and say something, but his moronic mates also abused them! The stewards and police were alerted at the time.

ajsccfc

If yes, then where is the line drawn? You can't have a football fan arrested every time they shouted something 'untoward' at a fan / player / manager / official etc... can you?

I think it's fair to say in this case the line concerns the age of the recipient. I don't know what was said exactly, but I'd wager that if it was directed to the linesman or similar there wouldn't be much of a furore outside of 'see how angry that guy got?'

skybluesteve76

How many more times will someone say this! Ffs! We did step in, there was nearly a brawl between our own fans, and we did report him! That's why he got nicked and thats why he's being charged!

kepit 2 yusen

Kick the wank%er out of the ground for good. He's not a Cov fan, he's a thug and I would guess the Police know what he's like already. Somebody like that doesn't go through life unnoticed ! :pimp:

dongonzalos

So the fact that "one of ours" got abused is okay is it? as long as we do right for others, others can abuse our fans/staff whoever as much as they want?

Just trying to establish your point of view!

My point is I am not interested in what Sheff utd fans do.
They should deal with their moron fans.
We should deal with ours and get him banned.
It is a deflection going on about what else gas happened.
Stick to thus issue and deal with it.

mark82

Kick the wank%er out of the ground for good. He's not a Cov fan, he's a thug and I would guess the Police know what he's like already. Somebody like that doesn't go through life unnoticed ! :pimp:

Completely agree the guy should get a significant ban. Not sure about ban for life but enough that he would not do it again.

You really do have to be a bit of a pussy to pick on a 10 year old. Agree our own fans should have brought him to order.

smileycov

Facebook User
My point is I am not interested in what Sheff utd fans do.
They should deal with their moron fans.
We should deal with ours and get him banned.
It is a deflection going on about what else gas happened.
Stick to thus issue and deal with it.

so if you saw away fans abusing our ball boy, you would ignore it as there problem?

dongonzalos

No my point is we are talking about a cov adult abusing a kid people know who he is.

And someone is saying Sheff utd are just as bad.

That doesn't justify it..... and is a diversion

Grendel

Don't see a life ban being much of a punishment to be honest. I'd make him go to every game.

Astute

so if you saw away fans abusing our ball boy, you would ignore it as there problem?

Would you jump in with the away fans and sort him out?

It has been said enough now. What the Sheff Utd moron did was nowhere near as bad as the Cov idiot. This is the point. Some of our fans had a word. I wasn't there, but am sure it will have been noticed. Most people would have been watching the ball. He should have been arrested on the spot.

I have been threatened with arrest for much less. Like helping out young fans of ours. Even got arrested a couple of seasons ago at Bristol City for asking two coppers what they were doing giving a couple of young lads grief. Maybe it was because I wasn't very polite :eek: They released me when I asked them how it would look with them arresting one of their own for no reason :D First thing that came in my head.

smileycov

Facebook User
You seem a nice guy Astute, but every time you want to settle or win an argument you were "always involved in an incident" very similar ha ha!! Which always was a heroic ending for you....just saying :whistle:

Astute

You seem a nice guy Astute, but every time you want to settle or win an argument you were "always involved in an incident" very similar ha ha!! Which always was a heroic ending for you....just saying :whistle:

Been going to games for 30 years home and away. I suppose nothing ever happens in all them games :D

B

Bobby Firenze

A bit of closure:

A SKY Blues fan who verbally abused a ballboy at an away game has been ordered to pay him £100 compensation.
Sean Griffiths, 25, of Blenheim Avenue, Holbrooks, Coventry, appeared in South Cheshire Magistrates Court yesterday charged with a public order offence following the incident.
He pleaded guilty to verbally abusing the 10-year-old, during Coventry City’s 1-0 defeat away at Crewe on September 1.
The youngster left the pitch in tears after the incident.

Griffiths was fined £90 and ordered to pay a £15 victim surcharge and £85 costs, as well as the £100 compensation.
No football banning order was made, meaning Griffiths is currently free to return to the Ricoh Arena.
A spokesman for Coventry City said: “The club will review the decision of the court before deciding to take any action of its own.”

Real

What a tough guy. Imagine bullying a 10-year old boy. I hope I don't get on the wrong side of him.

rob9872

Jeez you lot are just as bad with him.

I've never met the fella and never particularly want to, but he is a sky blue fan who was acting like a knob, probably p*ssed.

I'm not excusing his actions, in fact I completely condemn them, but who out there hasn't done something of which they are ashamed? I know I have that I'm not proud of, but there is no need for putting the picture up, links to him, or hoping for further bans and repercussions. He was away at Crewe, which demonstrates his loyalty and providing he learns from it, then he's £290 out of pocket and we should all move on and allow him to do the same.

Users who are viewing this thread