Baker going (2 Viewers)

shmmeee

I am more pissed off that SISU have raised about 4m in transfer fees in the last 6 months and haven't even used £1 in transfer fees to replace them.

Next year could be the biggie. Freebies signed on 1 year contracts. Not going to make much out of them.

If we don't own the Ricoh by next summer, it's endgame time. Mark my words.

Dunno what it'll be, but I can't see them paying out any more cash and as you point out, unless George Thomas turns out to be the next Wilson (unlikely) then we're not going to be able to pay the bills.

paulw

No. Even with constraints it was a rather scattergun approach, and constraints suggest you have to make sure the players you bring in are better than the filler trash already there!

But, although on the face of it Adams and Baker could well have gone for financial reasons, neither found themselves regularly in the side last season, it appears Pressley prefers other players to Adams regardless... the proof of the pudding re: Baker will be in the eating of course... not just how we do without him, but how he performs for a new club.

I wish him all the best, but despite the goals even when we were playing well first half the season, he did seem to be a player not of a 'type' to fit the rest of the system Pressley was trying to implement.

More concerned about how we're going to replace Wilson tbh, as even though the fee was good, he'll leave the bigger hole to fill.

Excellent comments.

It's strange how we fans see players differently from 'de boss'. I honestly believe Moussa also didnt fit into SP's system.

Astute

Excellent comments.

It's strange how we fans see players differently from 'de boss'. I honestly believe Moussa also didnt fit into SP's system.

Baker scored goals but didn't fit into SP's system.

Moussa scored goals but didn't fit into SP's system.

Clarke scored goals but didn't fit into SP's system.

Wilson scored goals but didn't fit into SP's system.

Or were all of the decisions up to SISU and not SP's system? There is always room for goal scorers. What is the use of a team of grafters that don't score many goals?

RoboCCFC90

Baker scored goals but didn't fit into SP's system.

Moussa scored goals but didn't fit into SP's system.

Clarke scored goals but didn't fit into SP's system.

Wilson scored goals but didn't fit into SP's system.

Or were all of the decisions up to SISU and not SP's system? There is always room for goal scorers. What is the use of a team of grafters that don't score many goals?

That's a load of bollocks quite frankly.

Wilson and Clarke fitted into the system perfectly, they scored goals but they were sold for completely different reasons than SP's system and you know it.

I can understand accepting the offer for Wilson as it was a lot of money, Moussa had no interest in staying, neither did Leon Clarke.. How can you keep players who have no interest in being at the Club.

Baker may be the only player left from the old regime whereby his wages were causing an issue, that we will never know.

mark82

Does begin to really make you wonder
Joy wants promotion and she wants the club at break even point is that possible?

Can a football club at our level achieve promotion and at the same time hit break even point.

If it is true that Blair Adams reached the point where one more game would cost the same as a transfer fee. If Carl Baker is one of our highest earners despite also been our most creative midfielder two seasons on the bounce.

I am unsure if you can achieve break even point and promotion.

I will be happy to be proved wrong

They have virtually no income at the moment due to playing at Sixfields and the subsequent boycott. NOPM was started to starve them of money, you can't be surprised if they then go about removing the highest costs. People said they would accept this consequence, and the possible further relegation that could bring, when NOPM was started.

Users who are viewing this thread