Bakayoko is the new Leon Best... (1 Viewer)

Liquid Gold

Because he’s black?
giphy.gif

GaryJones

Cant be bother to reply to this......Doh!
th

Captain Dart

Harsh.

rob9872

I quite liked Leon Best, although I liked Lukas Jutkiewicz too, I think I just like almost anyone who plays for us (apart from Julian Darby and Kevin Kyle of course)

KersleyDigs

Interesting interpretations so far... ;-)

The parallels I draw are:
- Similar age to when we signed Best
- Clearly had good attributes, strong, quick, ran the channels well
- Offside all the time
- Fans got on his back early
- Worked hard (usually with little credit)

Best came good in the end, got 11 goals by Xmas the year he was sold. Hopefully Bakayoko has been signed by a scout with a good record picking out ones for the future....!

stupot07

Just looked at Bests stats, he's scored just 20 league goals since leaving us 8 and half years ago...

Interestingly he scored 19 league goals in 63 appearances before signing us so 1 in 3.

Wasn't bakayokos 9 in 93? 1 in 10.

Best was about 2 years younger IIRC

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

sylus

How Bakayoko can call himself a forward is beyond me, he can neither score,head trap,pass,dribble,shoot,have i missed something, what i'm saying is,the guy is shit. i actually thought just what position could we make him into and maybe salvage this disgraced carthorse of a signing,and you know,i couldn't. Walsall definitely saw us coming,or should i say,Robins.

CCFC54321

How Bakayoko can call himself a forward is beyond me, he can neither score,head trap,pass,dribble,shoot,have i missed something, what i'm saying is,the guy is shit. i actually thought just what position could we make him into and maybe salvage this disgraced carthorse of a signing,and you know,i couldn't. Walsall definitely saw us coming,or should i say,Robins.
The groan when you hear his been put in the match day squad is deafening on match days....

SlowerThanPlatt

Apart from that he’d be the first name on your teamsheet?

Nick

Administrator
Not a lone striker with balls to his head

When he has the ball on the floor he actually has a decent touch and quick feet. He ghosted past about 3 of their players last night in the first half.

sylus

Apart from that he’d be the first name on your teamsheet?

How did you guess, seriously though,he wouldn't get into the squad over in treacletown if i was in charge,but still there is loads of time to prove me wrong,my worry is though,that Robins as he bought him will persist with him until something gives,either Robins is sacked,or Bakayoko is shipped out,because scoring isn't on the cards for him is it.

Believe me, i hope i am wrong!

no_loyalty

When he has the ball on the floor he actually has a decent touch and quick feet. He ghosted past about 3 of their players last night in the first half.

He definitely does have a decent touch, if he can work on his shooting I think he will be ok, for some reason he tends to scuff his shots and doesn't get any decent power.

Otis

How on earth did he do that if he can't dribble, trap, head or shoot and is SO shit?

Must have been the worst defensive performances in the entire history of football for that to have happened. Were Arsenal REALLY that bad?

sylus

There is nothing more i would like is for the big lad to get on the score sheet more often,and not taking penalty's increase his goal tally and make him look good either although someone has to take them,my guess Chaplin,but it isn't going to happen,Walsall fans were warning us remember

Nick

Administrator
There is nothing more i would like is for the big lad to get on the score sheet more often,and not taking penalty's increase his goal tally and make him look good either although someone has to take them,my guess Chaplin,but it isn't going to happen,Walsall fans were warning us remember
I'll judge on what I see with my eyes though? Not be set in my ways before he has even played.

Sky Blue Harry H

Tried to read this twice, and it didn't make sense either time. Must try harder 6/10.

Too early to judge Bakayoko yet ...

I Imagine if we had signed Chaplin first he wouldn’t have been targeted in the way he has by some people (more than a few).

The way I see the pecking order Chaplin is first choice, JCH 2nd at the minute. With Biamou and Ponticelli both out, it is between Hiwula and Bakayoko for 3rd and 4th choice striker, certainly an improvement on Beavon so maybe if people viewed it as such?!

Mcnulty, Biamou, JCH, Ponti, Beavon
Chaplin, Biamou, JCH, Ponti, Hiwula, Bakayoko

Odds are one of Hiwula or Bakayoko could do ok, and as a straight swap (in squad purposes) I struggle to see why people would be disappointed. We seem to have been signing for our u23’s as well which is positive, if Hiwula and Bakayoko take a while to get going or need some u23 game time that isn’t the end of the world.

Robins does a good job at coaching strikers, He shaped Biamou into a different role last year and he improved massively, he appears to be doing the same with JCH this year, using him as a more traditional target man winning flick ons etc.

JCH seems stronger, more aggressive and generally a pest for defenders, Bakayoko Looks like a beast and has to learn to do the same.

We are potentially in a stronger position with our striking options this year but ultimately we don’t know yet. Now the monkey is off our backs and Chaplin can hopefully carry some of the burden we should see others contribute.

We should have scored many more goals this season from all over the park, Shipley, Thomas and Andreu should have had at least 5 more between them. Hopefully we have turned a corner ...

PUSB

Otis

It's obviously not too early to judge Bakayoko yet. Some judged him before he even came here and others on just one or two appearances.

They know best and I'm not talking about Leon.

SlowerThanPlatt

Too early to judge Bakayoko yet ...

I Imagine if we had signed Chaplin first he wouldn’t have been targeted in the way he has by some people (more than a few).

The way I see the pecking order Chaplin is first choice, JCH 2nd at the minute. With Biamou and Ponticelli both out, it is between Hiwula and Bakayoko for 3rd and 4th choice striker, certainly an improvement on Beavon so maybe if people viewed it as such?!

Mcnulty, Biamou, JCH, Ponti, Beavon
Chaplin, Biamou, JCH, Ponti, Hiwula, Bakayoko

Odds are one of Hiwula or Bakayoko could do ok, and as a straight swap (in squad purposes) I struggle to see why people would be disappointed. We seem to have been signing for our u23’s as well which is positive, if Hiwula and Bakayoko take a while to get going or need some u23 game time that isn’t the end of the world.

Robins does a good job at coaching strikers, He shaped Biamou into a different role last year and he improved massively, he appears to be doing the same with JCH this year, using him as a more traditional target man winning flick ons etc.

JCH seems stronger, more aggressive and generally a pest for defenders, Bakayoko Looks like a beast and has to learn to do the same.

We are potentially in a stronger position with our striking options this year but ultimately we don’t know yet. Now the monkey is off our backs and Chaplin can hopefully carry some of the burden we should see others contribute.

We should have scored many more goals this season from all over the park, Shipley, Thomas and Andreu should have had at least 5 more between them. Hopefully we have turned a corner ...

PUSB

Good well reasoned post

Users who are viewing this thread