Badge coming down :( (1 Viewer)

letsallsingtogether

This is typical of the anti-sisu, one sided view that prevails on this website.

Every time someone mentions something that the council/acl/wasps/etc may have done in error, everybody jumps in with "well sisu did this..."

I think people who went to sixfields do get it that the period in which SISU have owned us has been nothing short of a disaster, but they are open to the possibility that there are other factors.

To respond to your point, everybody at sixfields went there in full knowledge that it wasn't our ground, that NTFC branding would be prominent, and that it was a temporary move (despite the hysterical rantings on here that the club had been ' kidnapped' and 'held hostage in northampton').

The difference here is that according to the general consensus on here, the Ricoh is supposed to be our home, and it's a bitter pill to swallow seeing it happen.

And a typical reply that I would expect from the other half of posters on here, giving excuses to sisu as to why they wouldn't invest in what you rightly said should have been ours we still await their reply on this question.

And yes you are correct I blame them for everything and have never hidden the fact.

We are where we are because they played it the only way they knew how, they have never and never will care about this club.

chiefdave

View attachment 3996 View attachment 3997 back on subject they were the pictures i took of it earlier

Why didn't they just put the Wasps one where they've put ours? They wouldn't have that weird mark left where our crest was and there's being black and yellow it wouldn't be a problem with it being partially on a white background.

A contender for the stupidest post ever. Which is saying something for Sky Blues Talk.

To be honest I agree, at least with the Sixfields move there was hope that a) it was temporary and b) at some point, maybe after SISU, we'd own at least 50% of the Ricoh.

Now we are back on the Ricoh that increasingly feels like someone elses ground with no idea what will happen when the 2+2 contract expires.

I notice some people reference the move to Northampton as a one year temporary deal. No it was not! It was an open ended deal which could have been a permanent move away from Coventry.

That's not right, it was an initial 3 years with a possible 2 year extension. The FL required evidence that the new ground was happening for the groundshare to continue. Now you can argue how easy it is to fill the FL. Equally you can debate how far away from the city boundary they could have got away with but it was never an open ended deal to move the club permanently out of the city.

Nick

Administrator
And a typical reply that I would expect from the other half of posters on here, giving excuses to sisu as to why they wouldn't invest in what you rightly said should have been ours we still await their reply on this question.

And yes you are correct I blame them for everything and have never hidden the fact.

We are where we are because they played it the only way they knew how, they have never and never will care about this club.
There is no excUse on there

Hobo

Why didn't they just put the Wasps one where they've put ours? They wouldn't have that weird mark left where our crest was and there's being black and yellow it wouldn't be a problem with it being partially on a white background.

To be honest I agree, at least with the Sixfields move there was hope that a) it was temporary and b) at some point, maybe after SISU, we'd own at least 50% of the Ricoh.

Now we are back on the Ricoh that increasingly feels like someone elses ground with no idea what will happen when the 2+2 contract expires.

That's not right, it was an initial 3 years with a possible 2 year extension. The FL required evidence that the new ground was happening for the groundshare to continue. Now you can argue how easy it is to fill the FL. Equally you can debate how far away from the city boundary they could have got away with but it was never an open ended deal to move the club permanently out of the city.

But the trouble with the three year deal with a possible 2 year extension ChiefDave, and why I saw it as an open ended deal, is simple. They had no land, no site in place...it was a sudden break away to stop "paying rent." Anybody with any modicum of sense would know a 3 plus 2 timescale in those circumstances was a nonsense, no way would they build a stadium within 5 years and no gaurantee it would be in Coventry, so it was open ended.

Senior Vick from Alicante

TRAVS No one on this sight looks at the mess we are in and can see a way forward with the current owners in place. The replys are typical because they are often repeated with a single root cause to our situation. Most people believe that any action by other partys involved in the whole saga is a direct response to our owners manoeuvrings in the way they have conducted their business dealings disguised as CCFC. Their tenure has been nothing more than an unmitigated disaster, but the spin and BS that keeps coming from them is the main reason why they are always getting the blame, not that their may be any other influential factors. You say that the club moving to Northampton being described as a kidnapping is hysterical rantings, how would you then describe a manoeuver designed to distress a legitimate business and its own customers. Far from hysterical, most posters reaction on here to our owners antics are quite reasoned, they can see through the smoke and mirrors game that is continued to be played with our club as the pawn.

chiefdave

But the trouble with the three year deal with a possible 2 year extension ChiefDave, and why I saw it as an open ended deal, is simple. They had no land, no site in place...it was a sudden break away to stop "paying rent." Anybody with any modicum of sense would know a 3 plus 2 timescale in those circumstances was a nonsense, no way would they build a stadium within 5 years and no gaurantee it would be in Coventry, so it was open ended.

But they couldn't get to the end of the 3 year or 5 year period without presenting some evidence to the FL of the new ground being built. As I said you can argue how little evidence might have been required but it just wasn't possible, unless what we were being told was incorrect, that they could stay at Northampton or anywhere else indefinitely without progress on the new ground. To be clear I don't for a minute believe they were planning to build the ground, although they may have backed themselves into a corner where they have to, but equally I don't for a minute believe the plan was to permanently stay at Sixfields.

SkyBlueCharlie

We went to Northampton for a minimum of four years, in which time we were going to build a new stadium "near Coventry".

We came back to the Ricoh on a 2+2 year 'match only' rental deal during which time we would be building a new stadium "near Coventry".

We didn't own Northampton and had not intention of buying into to it. If someone else had bought Sixfields while we were there would it have made any difference to CCFC's stated position? Almost certainly not.

We didn't own the Ricoh and had not intention of buying into it, so why is it a problem that someone else has bought it and want's to put their own image on it? We didn't want it before, we don't want it now, the 'boat has sailed', we are moving on to our new home just outside of Coventry.

Time to move on gents.

Hobo

But they couldn't get to the end of the 3 year or 5 year period without presenting some evidence to the FL of the new ground being built. As I said you can argue how little evidence might have been required but it just wasn't possible, unless what we were being told was incorrect, that they could stay at Northampton or anywhere else indefinitely without progress on the new ground. To be clear I don't for a minute believe they were planning to build the ground, although they may have backed themselves into a corner where they have to, but equally I don't for a minute believe the plan was to permanently stay at Sixfields.

If you took them at face value I think my original stance is valid. I didn't believe what they said about building a new stadium either, but it was a very high risk stratergy and the only thing at risk was the future of the club or at least it having a future within the city or at least on the immediate green belt outside of it.

the other problem is without land and a site, you can't get potential investors on board. If they had the money they would have done what Wasps have done.

Listen dispite being Anti Sisu, if they pull the rabbit out of the hat they would have me back on board. I just want a club with a future. We can then start restoring our pride. We have some good youth players and with a small investment in three or four players we could at least be contenders at this level.

Ashdown

We went to Northampton for a minimum of four years, in which time we were going to build a new stadium "near Coventry".

We came back to the Ricoh on a 2+2 year 'match only' rental deal during which time we would be building a new stadium "near Coventry".

We didn't own Northampton and had not intention of buying into to it. If someone else had bought Sixfields while we were there would it have made any difference to CCFC's stated position? Almost certainly not.

We didn't own the Ricoh and had not intention of buying into it, so why is it a problem that someone else has bought it and want's to put their own image on it? We didn't want it before, we don't want it now, the 'boat has sailed', we are moving on to our new home just outside of Coventry.

Time to move on gents.

I agree with most of this except I just can't accept SISU/CCFC as one entity and acknowledge the 'We'..............................They are imposters, unwanted and despised, they just happen to be doing their dirty deeds in the name of our club at the moment !

chiefdave

For that to be true you have to believe that there will be a new ground. If you don't believe there will be a new ground then the best option was always to have at least a 50% share in the Ricoh or ACL. Until CCC and Higgs handed everything to Wasps for less than we paid for 5 years rent that was always an option, now it isn't. Building a new ground will put us an additional £40m in debt, that's not sustainable. Sharing with Wasps doesn't appear to be sustainable unless they are willing to hand over the revenues they have just purchased and even if they did would leave us playing in a stadium dominated by someone else's branding.

I'm struggling to see an upside and any reason for our fans to take anything positive from this. All I can see is a never ending slow decline until we don't need to worry about the Ricoh as the Butts will be big enough. SISU aren't going to invest in the club and who would want to buy a club without a ground?

chiefdave

If you took them at face value I think my original stance is valid. I didn't believe what they said about building a new stadium either, but it was a very high risk stratergy and the only thing at risk was the future of the club or at least it having a future within the city or at least on the immediate green belt outside of it.

It was a high risk strategy and to be fair to SISU it seems it worked perfectly the slight problem being they never accounted for anyone other than us wanting to own the stadium.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Think most people are just pragmatic enough to know none of this is wasps fault.

There's a difference between that and what you do, spouting your pro wasps shit all over the forum, any time there is anything positive said about them or a positive article you are posting it within minutes in here like a hysterical 1 Direction fan girl.

rondog1973

It is not our stadium it is theirs. (Unfortunately)
SISU failed to broker a deal, they chose a distress route, they read the market incorrectly; I suspect they just didn't have the money.

Now all this stuff about Wasps bullshit, sounds like sour grapes. Because I blame SISU for still bullshitting about a new stadium, so we won't be tenants for long. If you believe in SISU what Wasps do to their stadium is of no consequence.

I notice some people reference the move to Northampton as a one year temporary deal. No it was not! It was an open ended deal which could have been a permanent move away from Coventry.

My stance is simple: I was born and raised in Coventry, I support Coventry City and Coventry Rugby. I have also lived in Sheffield, Liverpool and Manchester....if I wanted to change horses I could have years ago. I am a Coventry person I will not be supporting Wasps, I would go and support Earlsdon or Broadstreet before them. But if local people want to support Wasps that is up to them. I objected and didn't go to Northampton, but I said if people want to go that is up to them.

Yes, it is more difficult for us now...so SISU what's the plan and show us the progress because you as owners have played the biggest part in bringing us to this juncture?
This, encapsulates in a nutshell how I feel about the situation.

Grown men -Coventry born and raised- wearing Liverpool/Man Utd jerseys are far more of a quite literal red rag to this conscience than any Wasps bandwagoners, I couldn't give a fuck about 'em! I too would never attend a Wasps game, would be Cov Rugger for me every time.

Surely people can see that it would not be in Wasps interests to eject CCFC from the Ricoh. Why would they want to antagonise the support base of the City's largest sporting institution?

The owners of CCFC are the root cause of all our misfortunes over the past five years.

Neutral Fan

It's on par with sixfields for me, at least at Northampton we could clutch onto the straw and hope that we could one day own the Ricoh if only our owners would have kicked there arses into gear and acted properly.

Right now I can't see anyway back for us from our current position.

The real threat is that of Primacy. If at the end of 2+2 MGI decide Wasps will have Primacy then no football team can play at Ricoh in the EPL

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
The real threat is that of Primacy. If at the end of 2+2 MGI decide Wasps will have Primacy then no football team can play at Ricoh in the EPL

and how does it work for say Swansea then ?

Grendel

and how does it work for say Swansea then ?

He does have a point there to be fair - Swansea part own the management company and the football club has primacy.

Bill Glazier

Wasps said when they came that they saw the situation as more of a partnership than a landlord tenant scenario and that they very much wanted to work with Coventry City FC.

CCFC have refused to accept this and have said they are moving out. CCFC have said that the situation simply won't work and at no point have said that they will even try to make the situation work.

It may not work as it stands, but surely all things are open to negotiation and the club should be doing everything they can to negotiate with Wasps to look at revneu streams and how new revenus streams can be opened up.

It just comes across as intransigence. We were only back at the Ricoh for a bout 3 days before Fisher once again came out with the 'we're not staying line.'

We've made a rod for our own backs. Instead of insisting it won;t work, we should be working tooth and nail in conjunction with Wasps to try out utmost to make it work.

If we have any sense whsoever, then this will indeed all be happening behind the scenes. Surely has to be a better option than some fantasy stadium god knows where and god knows when.

Agree with all that, but we all know that 'we the fans' is very different from 'we owned by SISU'

SkyBlue_Bear83

Wasps said when they came that they saw the situation as more of a partnership than a landlord tenant scenario and that they very much wanted to work with Coventry City FC.

It was bullshit to pacify Coventry fans, swallowed by many it seems. They had their opportunity for a partnership when CCFC bid for the Higgs share, they rejected this opportunity by continuing with their purchase of the Higgs share, Wasps aren't interested in a partnership. CCFC are underlings in the eyes of Wasps.

CCFC have refused to accept this and have said they are moving out. CCFC have said that the situation simply won't work and at no point have said that they will even try to make the situation work.

A massive mistake by them, even if it has 0% chance of working they have to be seen to be trying otherwise they just open themselves to abuse from the fans
It may not work as it stands, but surely all things are open to negotiation and the club should be doing everything they can to negotiate with Wasps to look at revneu streams and how new revenus streams can be opened up.

It just comes across as intransigence. We were only back at the Ricoh for a bout 3 days before Fisher once again came out with the 'we're not staying line.'

We've made a rod for our own backs. Instead of insisting it won;t work, we should be working tooth and nail in conjunction with Wasps to try out utmost to make it work.

If we have any sense whsoever, then this will indeed all be happening behind the scenes. Surely has to be a better option than some fantasy stadium god knows where and god knows when.
I agree we should be trying our best to make it work, even if there is no chance in hell of it working just to get the fans on side. I think most fans would accept a new stadium if the club could come out and say we tried our best to make the Ricoh work but it wasn't possible, if they can get the fans on side with the new stadium there should then be massive pressure as well on the council to allow it to be built in Coventry.

Hobo

It was a high risk strategy and to be fair to SISU it seems it worked perfectly the slight problem being they never accounted for anyone other than us wanting to own the stadium.

And that is why it was so high risk and dumb....I used to use a pub in Coventry High Street, it is now unrecognisable, totally rebuilt and called Barclays Bank. A bit like Highfield Road site is a housing estate.

Joy claims to know the real estate market, really?

SkyBlueCharlie

I agree with most of this except I just can't accept SISU/CCFC as one entity and acknowledge the 'We'..............................They are imposters, unwanted and despised, they just happen to be doing their dirty deeds in the name of our club at the moment !

I understand the sentiment but the reality is that Sisu and CCFC (the entity) are one and the same. Sisu, through various vehicles, own CCFC lock, stock and barrel and are the only people that can determine its future. Unpalatable as it is, they have and will continue to ignore their customers and will only clarify their future course of action when they see fit.

Ashdown

I don't want reality, it's Christmas and a time for fairy tales. I'm going to wake up in the morning and it will all have been a bad dream !

SkyBlueCharlie

For that to be true you have to believe that there will be a new ground.

I don't and never have done, the financial case just does not stack up, however I also believe that any chance of taking a share in or having any practical input to the running of the Ricoh went out of the door along time ago. We are what we are, a basket-case of a club with no obvious future but that of further decline. Pessimistic... yes but I also believe realistic and pragmatic.

What can we do about it? Buggered if I know.

MichaelCCFC

I don't and never have done, the financial case just does not stack up, however I also believe that any chance of taking a share in or having any practical input to the running of the Ricoh went out of the door along time ago. We are what we are, a basket-case of a club with no obvious future but that of further decline. Pessimistic... yes but I also believe realistic and pragmatic.

What can we do about it? Buggered if I know.

Depends upon what your aim is e.g. the original nopm argument was sisu are bad for ccfc and we will never progress under them so the priority is to get rid of sisu and the way to do that is deprive them of income because they are only in it for the money so will clear off when there is none. For other aims there are other options.

Otis

It was bullshit to pacify Coventry fans, swallowed by many it seems. They had their opportunity for a partnership when CCFC bid for the Higgs share, they rejected this opportunity by continuing with their purchase of the Higgs share, Wasps aren't interested in a partnership. CCFC are underlings in the eyes of Wasps.

A massive mistake by them, even if it has 0% chance of working they have to be seen to be trying otherwise they just open themselves to abuse from the fans

I agree we should be trying our best to make it work, even if there is no chance in hell of it working just to get the fans on side. I think most fans would accept a new stadium if the club could come out and say we tried our best to make the Ricoh work but it wasn't possible, if they can get the fans on side with the new stadium there should then be massive pressure as well on the council to allow it to be built in Coventry.

Still don't see where the bullshit is. Wasps said they want to work side by side with CCFC once they bought the Ricoh and our owners are saying we are not staying. It is therefore pointless trying to build any relationships or indeed partnerships.

Grendel

Depends upon what your aim is e.g. the original nopm argument was sisu are bad for ccfc and we will never progress under them so the priority is to get rid of sisu and the way to do that is deprive them of income because they are only in it for the money so will clear off when there is none. For other aims there are other options.

"Only in it for the money" - what money is that then?

Grendel

Still don't see where the bullshit is. Wasps said they want to work side by side with CCFC once they bought the Ricoh and our owners are saying we are not staying. It is therefore pointless trying to build any relationships or indeed partnerships.

You do realise they also once promised they'd never move out of the London area don't you?

Sick Boy

It's never going to be a partnership whatever they say- we are mere tenants. I can't believe how much of the Waps' PR has been swallowed by ccfc fans.

SkyBlue_Bear83

It was bullshit because they never had any interest in a partnership, as evidenced when they bid against CCFC for the Higgs share. You normally talk sense but you're way off here.

Nick

Administrator
It's never going to be a partnership whatever they say- we are mere tenants. I can't believe how much of the Waps' PR has been swallowed by ccfc fans.

It is embarrassing, especially when people come on here and quote it like it is gospel word for word. "Top Class Rugby".

dongonzalos

It was bullshit because they never had any interest in a partnership, as evidenced when they bid against CCFC for the Higgs share. You normally talk sense but you're way off here.

If he normally talks sense and all of a sudden he isn't in this one point. I would suggest you consider that maybe he is still talking sense.

Users who are viewing this thread