Back to Saturdays and Tuesdays. (5 Viewers)

Definitely not going to watch them in Northants also unlikely to go to any away games either. did 9 away games last year plus 3 live games on TV. Because I don't go to home games have lost my connection with the team. Also my last 3 games were Tranmere Brentford & Crewe and although we won 1 the games were appalling and I fear a poor season with us being bottom 6.
Don't give up on supporting the team we will return and be a better side again one day, just keep the faith and hold on !!! #PUSB !!!

SkyBlueSid

How can people just abandon the club they have supported for their whole lives? More and more it seems that many have been looking for an excuse to pack it all in for a while. Even when we were at the Ricoh the desperate excuses were peddled out.

After 47 years as a season ticket holder, and never missing a home game in all that time, do you think I took the decision lightly not to go to Northampton?

You clearly have no idea what being a supporter is all about. I just hope that when you have been a supporter for that many years, there is still a club to support. Somehow I doubt it.

Mr T - Sukka!

After 47 years as a season ticket holder, and never missing a home game in all that time, do you think I took the decision lightly not to go to Northampton?

You clearly have no idea what being a supporter is all about. I just hope that when you have been a supporter for that many years, there is still a club to support. Somehow I doubt it.

When the club loses fans like you its fucked! Not now but in 5 years time.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

I going to live back in Melbourne and follow my North Melbourne Kangaroos.

Totally fed up with the whole SISU saga.

I would not say its the main reason for going but the leaving the Ricoh Arena is a certainly a factor.

Ive been following Sky Blues since 5 years old back in later 60s'. No bigger supporter than me.

Dismayed with Coventry fans who have put up with this sitaution.
I went to Port Vale only to protest and shout "SISU OUT", amazed I was approached by 2 or 3 times by people playing the
"no other option to SISU" / "support the lads" view.

If we were back at the Ricoh, I would be back there like a shot even with SISU. Apart from my daughter nothing would make me happier.

So, "Go the Roos!" and let hope we get our City back soon.

Sba180

Don't give up on supporting the team we will return and be a better side again one day, just keep the faith and hold on !!! #PUSB !!!
i dont think that many have given up supporting the team as many have stated they, like me, go to away games.
We are just not supporting the regime, whatever guise they come in this week

SkyBlueSid

When the club loses fans like you its fucked! Not now but in 5 years time.

It has lost plenty like me, I don't know of anyone among my old mates who still goes, except for Jim Brown who is in a bit of a tough situation, to be fair as he is club statistician.

I am still at the stage where I would get a season ticket for next season at the Ricoh - just about. In 2 or 3 years that won't happen, it will be a different club by then, I'm afraid. The 'Saturday Habit' will have disappeared for good. After so many years it is heartbreaking to see the destruction of a club that was once so progressive.

I going to live back in Melbourne and follow my North Melbourne Kangaroos.

Totally fed up with the whole SISU saga.

I would not say its the main reason for going but the leaving the Ricoh Arena is a certainly a factor.

Ive been following Sky Blues since 5 years old back in later 60s'. No bigger supporter than me.

Dismayed with Coventry fans who have put up with this sitaution.
I went to Port Vale only to protest and shout "SISU OUT", amazed I was approached by 2 or 3 times by people playing the
"no other option to SISU" / "support the lads" view.

If we were back at the Ricoh, I would be back there like a shot even with SISU. Apart from my daughter nothing would make me happier.

So, "Go the Roos!" and let hope we get our City back soon.
I'm not going to try and say your less of a fan than me because you are obviously not but I just want to know why you went to a game just to shout sisuout,I think all city supporters main reason for going should be going to support the boys,I'm not saying don't go,I'm saying don't go just to sing SISU OUT go for your love of the team and then sing SISU OUT because that's what is football is about enjoying watching our team on a sunny Saturday afternoon,or in our case a frustrating afternoon,not to shout and scream at bad owners which undoubtedly they are,support the lads and !!! #PUSB !!!

Last edited:
i dont think that many have given up supporting the team as many have stated they, like me, go to away games.
We are just not supporting the regime, whatever guise they come in this week
I'm not saying you have which is great and perfectly understand your stance,but unlike you the poster said he wasn't going to support the team at home or away and had given up,that is why I said that !!! #PUSB !!!

Otis

I shan't be going either. I like the bit where it says they hope attendences will now increase because of a Saturday move.

Well the games on Saturday last year were the same as Sunday games. People are either going to go or not. It's not dependant on the day. Someone said a few days back the season ticket price is irrelevant also as it's not about price so make it £100 a season ticket or £300 then people will still get on or not.

Just to confirm I would get a ST if back at the Ricoh on a faithful Saturday.

I don't know. Now all the Christians will be able to go won't they.

Shame for the Jews though.

Grendel

It has lost plenty like me, I don't know of anyone among my old mates who still goes, except for Jim Brown who is in a bit of a tough situation, to be fair as he is club statistician.

I am still at the stage where I would get a season ticket for next season at the Ricoh - just about. In 2 or 3 years that won't happen, it will be a different club by then, I'm afraid. The 'Saturday Habit' will have disappeared for good. After so many years it is heartbreaking to see the destruction of a club that was once so progressive.

Strange how some clubs have survived at all having had time away isn't it?

Grendel

It is isn't it. It's almost like they really did have no other options and/or the backing of the fan base. Who'd have thought!

Even when that fanbase reduced to the sane levels as ours when they were out of town? Surely they found things to do on a Saturday?

How did MK dons survive at all?

ecky

The dumb asses just don't get it do they?
They have ripped the club away from the city, lost 20,000 fans in the process, what bit don't you understand fisher seppala labowich we don't want our club playing in Northampton!!!!!
Torch teaching your kid to watch your home club in another town as being acceptable? You should hang your head in shame mate...

Nick

Administrator
They have ripped the club away from the city, lost 20,000 fans in the process, what bit don't you understand fisher seppala labowich we don't want our club playing in Northampton!!!!!
Torch teaching your kid to watch your home club in another town as being acceptable? You should hang your head in shame mate...

Why should he?

ecky

Why should he?[/QUOT

Nick go grow some and starting seeing things for what they really are!!
It hurts me my dad my 2 lads and close mates not watching my city have a team playing in cov..

You and others would spend the rest of your life travelling to Northampton many won't and many have said bollocks to it all...

So much damage has been done and most of it will never be repaired not in my life time

skybluetony176

Why should he?[/QUOT

It hurts me my dad my 2 lads and close mates not watching my city have a team playing in cov..

You and others would spend the rest of your life travelling to Northampton many won't and many have said bollocks to it all...

So much damage has been done and most of it will never be repaired not in my life time

It could be repaired in your lifetime, just not with these owners. That's reason enough to not go to suxfields on it's own.

Nick

Administrator
Why should he?

I doubt many would spend the rest of their life, would they? You are talking shit as I certainly wouldn't.

skybluetony176

I don't know, it depends when it is announced we are never coming back ;)

You could argue that when the powers that be announced that they were finished with the ricoh and were moving on and building their own stadium in the Coventry "area" that, that announcement has already been made. It was reiterated just last week straight from the horse's mouth if you were looking for confirmation.

Nick

Administrator
You could argue that when the powers that be announced that they were finished with the ricoh and were moving on and building their own stadium in the Coventry "area" that, that announcement has already been made. It was reiterated just last week straight from the horse's mouth if you were looking for confirmation.

Well I will wait until they ever announce a new location and judge whether I will go or not then or when they just end up back at the Ricoh.

Grendel

I'm sorry but just fuck off

skybluetony176

Well I will wait until they ever announce a new location and judge whether I will go or not then or when they just end up back at the Ricoh.

Don't worry. You only have 3weeks to wait. Ooooo the tension...........

............ is it February yet ?

torchomatic

What? Fuck off. Why should I feel "shame"?

Now, if I was smoking in a car with my kid or hitting him or swearing at him then I'd agree. But taking him to see the team he loves? Nah. Join the Spion "holier than thou" sect and get "liked" by the masses.

Last edited:

torchomatic

Please read Eckys comment? That's OK, is it?

Do not come on often but just had to log on and remind you of how much of a dick head you are Grendel.

Users who are viewing this thread