Back to Saturdays and Tuesdays. (3 Viewers)

Sick Boy

No more so than the rest of us.

I don't agree with the name calling, but if the likes of sick boy are going to dish it out then they should be prepared to take it.

As I said it was aimed at him not in general.

As i've already said, my post wasn't aimed at those not attending sixfields,but those who wouldn't bother even if we were back at the Ricoh.

torchomatic

At the moment our whole club is one very big IF. Don't forget IF SISU were to get hold of the stadium they MIGHT liquidate us and chuckle all the way to the bank...these things work all ways.

Trouble is Grendel you have a very big IF in that sentence. Also I assume it should be "in years to come", by then traditions will have been broken and the club will have disengaged with the community and it's fan base.

torchomatic

No. I go to Sixfields but don't insult boycotters. You've got an awful lot of tar on that brush of yours.

Oh ok. So it's ok to insult boycottors, but not the blessed Sixfielders.

Astute

At the moment our whole club is one very big IF. Don't forget IF SISU were to get hold of the stadium they MIGHT liquidate us and chuckle all the way to the bank...these things work all ways.

Are you saying there is no chance of them liquidating our club and then getting the whole arena for themselves as it would be in their name already just like all of the debts are? Nobody has said it would happen. Just that it could. SISU came to our club to make money. Are you also saying that they won't leave in the way that makes them the most money back?

torchomatic

To be honest, no I don't think they would do that.

Are you saying there is no chance of them liquidating our club and then getting the whole arena for themselves as it would be in their name already just like all of the debts are? Nobody has said it would happen. Just that it could. SISU came to our club to make money. Are you also saying that they won't leave in the way that makes them the most money back?

Astute

To be honest, no I don't think they would do that.

Most of us agree with you. We don't think they will. But it is SISU we are talking about. There is a chance they will. And you agree with this. Otherwise you would have said you know they won't do it. And to me this is a massive risk to take with our club and it's future.

torchomatic

There's a chance of anything, but I seriously don't think they would do it. I think that is the kind of scaremongering that saw some members on here actually writing to the Council begging them not to let SISU get the Higgs' share. If our own fans are trying to block the club they support getting the stadium then what chance have we got?

Most of us agree with you. We don't think they will. But it is SISU we are talking about. There is a chance they will. And you agree with this. Otherwise you would have said you know they won't do it. And to me this is a massive risk to take with our club and it's future.

Monners

There's a chance of anything, but I seriously don't think they would do it. I think that is the kind of scaremongering that saw some members on here actually writing to the Council begging them not to let SISU get the Higgs' share. If our own fans are trying to block the club they support getting the stadium then what chance have we got?

I see what you are saying Torch, but I am not confident that Sisu gaining ownership of the stadium would be good for the club in the long term (talking about our sustainability here). Of course I agree that the most important short term goal is getting back to the Ricoh, but then some kind of ownership model worked up from there in order to make to club sustainable (if that's possible in footabll!). I know this has been mentioned before on here by wiser owls than me.

shmmeee

I don't think we know enough about any deal to know how good it would be for the club. Same as any new stadium.

The key questions for me are: How do we pay off the debt in a sustainable manner? How do we finance a competitive club?

Whatever plan we go with needs to contain solutions to those questions, Sisu would agree it seems (at least on the second one) as that's the stated aim of all this crap. I'm not sure anyone's made a convincing case for any side yet.

Astute

They are against SISU getting the stadium, not our club. For SISU to get the backing of the vast majority they need to let us know what their plans are. And they need to keep to them. All we know for sure is if they get the freehold the club and stadium would be held separately. The vast majority of us don't trust them to do the right thing. The vast majority of us wouldn't trust them with the arena. And that is why they don't have the backing of the vast majority of us.

To get a more balanced view on how much our supporters trust them all you have to do is check the comments in the CET. They have a long way to go to get our backing. And these small chats they are having don't seem to be doing much. That is because we need actions not words. We know how much we can trust the words they come out with. Joy says we won't be moving back to the Ricoh. Labo says they want us to move back. One of them is being very untruthful.

If the arena could be made safe for our club I would be happy for it to be handed over. We need it for a more secure future. I struggle to see how it could be counted as safe with SISU in charge.

torchomatic

But this was a couple of years ago, long before the Sixfields fiasco. I'm sure they were against SISU when they were sharing their templates but writing begging letters to Mutton certainly wasn't helping their club.

They are against SISU getting the stadium, not our club. For SISU to get the backing of the vast majority they need to let us know what their plans are. And they need to keep to them. All we know for sure is if they get the freehold the club and stadium would be held separately. The vast majority of us don't trust them to do the right thing. The vast majority of us wouldn't trust them with the arena. And that is why they don't have the backing of the vast majority of us.

To get a more balanced view on how much our supporters trust them all you have to do is check the comments in the CET. They have a long way to go to get our backing. And these small chats they are having don't seem to be doing much. That is because we need actions not words. We know how much we can trust the words they come out with. Joy says we won't be moving back to the Ricoh. Labo says they want us to move back. One of them is being very untruthful.

If the arena could be made safe for our club I would be happy for it to be handed over. We need it for a more secure future. I struggle to see how it could be counted as safe with SISU in charge.

Astute

But this was a couple of years ago, long before the Sixfields fiasco. I'm sure they were against SISU when they were sharing their templates but writing begging letters to Mutton certainly wasn't helping their club.

We are talking very recently. Think it was at the fans meeting where Joy turned up.

letsallsingtogether

No I believe it started when they were refusing to pay the rent and trying to distress ACL and to say that Coventry Fans don't want CCFC to own the ground is scandalous and shows you for what you really are.

torchomatic

No I believe it started when they were refusing to pay the rent and trying to distress ACL and to say that Coventry Fans don't want CCFC to own the ground is scandalous and shows you for what you really are.

They were saying just that. And people say it on here all the time - the club don't need to own the ground.

And what am I then?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

bigfatronssba

They were saying just that. And people say it on here all the time - the club don't need to own the ground.

And what am I then?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Well they don't need to own it do they? They just need to own the income streams (this has been done to death).

There is actually an argument that a long term lease is far better for the club than the freehold.

But hey-ho, I'm sure the clubs directors have the clubs best interests at heart and we can trust them to do the right thing.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

There's a fair few of us here in Oz. Reckon we'd give the Sixfields crowd numbers a shake :)
Add 1 to the oz list for me for later this year. Of course a big fat zero for sixfields from me.

Back to AFL, Amazing turnaround after half time. Roo s totally on fire in 3rd quarter. Never seen them ever like that.Richmond tough dirty play gained them nothing in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread