Back to Saturdays and Tuesdays. (1 Viewer)

J

Jack Griffin

Won't be going, so it is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned.
I'll be watching some football in Coventry.

(Waits in trench for counter attack from usual suspects)

spider_ricoh

Timmy confidently said last summer that whoever we got paired with (at the time it was not identified), the FL had been given a shortlsit of 3 and had agreed to pair all three sets of fixtures ,so Tim sid "wherever we play, we'll be playing Saturdays" - what a surprise when that fell through!

Kingokings204

I shan't be going either. I like the bit where it says they hope attendences will now increase because of a Saturday move.

Well the games on Saturday last year were the same as Sunday games. People are either going to go or not. It's not dependant on the day. Someone said a few days back the season ticket price is irrelevant also as it's not about price so make it £100 a season ticket or £300 then people will still get on or not.

Just to confirm I would get a ST if back at the Ricoh on a faithful Saturday.

torchomatic

I will be going with my lad, so that's good news to be playing on a Saturday again. I'll be watching Coventry City wherever they play next season, home and away.

Won't be going, so it is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned.
I'll be watching some football in Coventry.

Matty_CCFC

No way am I going. Started to work every Saturday now and keeping it that way.
Those who go to Sixfields are just putting nails in a very heavy coffin.

Will go to the odd Leamington game but like may others I am loosing my desire to follow Cov.

SkyBlueSid

I shan't be going either. I like the bit where it says they hope attendences will now increase because of a Saturday move.

Well the games on Saturday last year were the same as Sunday games. People are either going to go or not. It's not dependant on the day. Someone said a few days back the season ticket price is irrelevant also as it's not about price so make it £100 a season ticket or £300 then people will still get on or not.

Just to confirm I would get a ST if back at the Ricoh on a faithful Saturday.

This just shows how out of touch with reality Fisher is. He is an utterly clueless idiot. He has no grasp whatsoever of what a football club means to its fans and his actions will ultimately destroy the club. Attendances will probably fall even further next season as interest wanes among the few remaining fans. He just doesn't get it!

Danceswithhorses

I used to meet up with 9 friends (all ccfc season ticket holders) for home games at HR and the Ricoh Arena.
None had season tickets last year.
None went to any home game.
None will have season tickets this year-this news changes nothing.
Even if we return to the Ricoh and/or SISU leave, i would guess only maybe 2 out of the 9 will go again , let alone get season tickets.
They've 'moved on' to use a fisherism.

Last edited:

The Reverend Skyblue

Will not be going to sixfields either ,like last season and the few away games I did go to look unlikely again next season at the moment. Just losing the love very quickly.
We are losing so many fans now the future looks incredibly bleak.

The number of fans that have found new ways to fill and enjoy there Saturdays are increasing alarmingly ,and how the hell we are supposed to ever tempt them back is well beyond me, all I do know a SISU built stadium outside Coventry won't

Last edited:

torchomatic

Looks like it'll just be my lad, me and 398 others at the play off final at Wembley then next May.

torchomatic

DaleM

"When Bristol City are at home Bristol City are away".

Bit like us then . :)

Proofreading is gooooood Mr Telegraph

Sick Boy

I used to meet up with 9 friends (all ccfc season ticket holders) for home games at HR and the Ricoh Arena.
None had season tickets last year.
None went to any home game.
None will have season tickets this year-this news changes nothing.
Even if we return to the Ricoh and/or SISU leave, i would guess only maybe 2 out of the 9 will go again , let alone get season tickets.
They've 'moved on' to use a fisherism.

How can people just abandon the club they have supported for their whole lives? More and more it seems that many have been looking for an excuse to pack it all in for a while. Even when we were at the Ricoh the desperate excuses were peddled out.

torchomatic

Yes, I remember those threads on the CET site. "It's too far", "The parking is rubbish", etc etc. Fair enough going to Northampton is a step too far for many, I understand that, but fans couldn't be arsed half the time at the Ricoh. The way people talk there would be a sell-out every game if we returned.

Even when we were at the Ricoh the desperate excuses were peddled out.

torchomatic

torchomatic

Italia, you are on ignore so I have no idea what you've said. I know I won't agree with it though.

skybluetony176

Back to playing on Saturday's eh. It's a good job we have such a high achieving SCG that they managed to keep that stand open otherwise where would we all fit.

Sky Blues

How can people just abandon the club they have supported for their whole lives? More and more it seems that many have been looking for an excuse to pack it all in for a while. Even when we were at the Ricoh the desperate excuses were peddled out.

People haven't abandoned the club, the club abandoned them by moving to Northampton.

Grendel

Italia, you are on ignore so I have no idea what you've said. I know I won't agree with it though.

It was the normal shite -- you didn't miss anything

torchomatic

Sorry, yeah I know. And I was being a little sarcastic. I don't think we'll do that well either, but you never know.

I wasn't have a go torchy...just surprised you thought we might do so well next year

shy_tall_knight

Definitely not going to watch them in Northants also unlikely to go to any away games either. did 9 away games last year plus 3 live games on TV. Because I don't go to home games have lost my connection with the team. Also my last 3 games were Tranmere Brentford & Crewe and although we won 1 the games were appalling and I fear a poor season with us being bottom 6.

Users who are viewing this thread