Babies at Cov games (1 Viewer)

Tommo72

I noticed a few babies in the Cov end on Saturday and it isn’t the first time this season. I get taking toddlers to a certain extent but never understood the need to take tiny ones.....I have two kids and would never have considered doing that, can’t be the best environment surely?

Anyone else ever done it?

Otis

It's pretty dumb.

You get people taking babies to the theatre too. It's a nonsense.

Johnnythespider

Not something I'd do but each to their own I guess, probably less sensible for away games, at least there is a family zone at home games.

Otis

Babies to the theatre?! That sounds really daft...and possibly very annoying.
There was a 'big' story in the Telegraph a few years back. Some mum took a 12 month old to the theatre and the Belgrade turned her away.

She went straight to the Telegraph to complain at the inustice and they did a full page article on it.

Satisfyingly enough though, most of the reader comments were along the lines of 'Why on earth would you take a baby to the theatre?'

Otis

Yep, think it was in this instance, but it is a problem in general.

I used to film a few shows for production companies for DVD purposes and in the end they had to ban all children under the age of 4, cos when the audience were watching my footage back you could hardly hear any lines due to the constant hoardes of babies crying.

Two shows were completely ruined. A lovely, heartfelt, soft solo and it all being drowned out by a baby bawling.

Twix

I took my daughter to Highfield Road when she was probably around 12 months old, was against Feyenoord in a pre season she still has the pic in her room wearing a Sky Blue kit. We sat well up in the Main Stand. My biggest fear would be a stray ball, not too much danger at the Ricoh with not being open behind the goal. Isn't this part of their life story - I went to my first game when I was 1 year old?

Otis

I took my daughter to Highfield Road when she was probably around 12 months old, was against Feyenoord in a pre season she still has the pic in her room wearing a Sky Blue kit. We sat well up in the Main Stand. My biggest fear would be a stray ball, not too much danger at the Ricoh with not being open behind the goal. Isn't this part of their life story - I went to my first game when I was 1 year old?
Thinking more in terms of away games though. This was said to be on Saturday.

At home you can choose to sit anywhere pretty much. Away, you are all plonked together in one mass huddle and then it's hard to avoid the flare throwers, coin tossers, tossers in general, the coke heads, the bottle flingers and the aisle pee'ers.

Kingokings204

What would be the minimum age for a cov game? Away games make no sense to me for children. Young children I mean especially.

A non league game like the Solihull moors would make more sense where you can have an entire end to yourself and your screaming baby.

ccfcmad1

Took my daughter to her first city game around the age of two was tough going, she's four now an absolutely loves it and drags me up there now, would love to take her away but think I'll leave that a few more years yet.

standupforcity

There was a 'big' story in the Telegraph a few years back. Some mum took a 12 month old to the theatre and the Belgrade turned her away.

She went straight to the Telegraph to complain at the inustice and they did a full page article on it.

Satisfyingly enough though, most of the reader comments were along the lines of 'Why on earth would you take a baby to the theatre?'
Did she buy a seat for the child?

Ccfcsj

Do you mean physical age or mental age? If the latter that includes at least half of our fan base surely :woot:

standupforcity

There are a couple of squawking 8 yr olds (ish) who often sit just behind me...they spend the whole game chattering and laughing (loud) about stuff that has nothing to do with the game, playing on their mobiles, with dad interjecting and trying to get them to take an interest...very annoying...you wonder why they're there, and why they come back!!

Otis

There are a couple of squawking 8 yr olds (ish) who often sit just behind me...they spend the whole game chattering and laughing (loud) about stuff that has nothing to do with the game, playing on their mobiles, with dad interjecting and trying to get them to take an interest...very annoying...you wonder why they're there, and why they come back!!
I wonder the same about myself.

Nick

Administrator
Not sure why anybody would take a baby and in the away end too, think mine was about 3 for the first game.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

You have to start somewhere. At least the dad is trying to get them engaged with their local team, better than them only experiencing football through SkySports and growing up to be a Liverpool ‘fan’.

I bet when you started going up the city you didn’t just talk about who should take corner kicks and the attendance.

Old Warwickshire lad

5 years old is about right, introduced my grandsons to the joys of ccfc at that age 6 years ago. I don’t see a lot of them now can’t think why???
Still got 2 more grandsons lined up for next season 6&5 so can try again.
They live in Leicester and all their friends support Lcfc so big job on with these 2
I get one more crack at ruining a young life following ccfc as there is one who’s 2 at the moment

Mcbean

No no no and thrice no - way to bigger responsibility for the known unknowns - only yes if no other possibility and we are in the Champions league final , FA Cup final or about to win the Premiership

Londonccfcfan

If you have childcare issues. And it's a game you dont wanna miss and the weather is fine etc then fair enough bring the little one along.

First game I ever took my son to was Cov vs Crewe checkatrade semi. He was 6 then. He's been hooked since.

My biggest issue with bringing hound kids is subjecting them to swearing around you (usually from me). Or the chanting tim Fisher is a banker.

Cov kid 55

Wasn’t there an incidence earlier in the season - Everton perhaps? Where a guy was filmed throwing punches with a young child wrapped around his neck?

Liquid Gold

I was 4 going on 5 when I went to my first game and it really stands out as an early memory seeing the pitch and hearing the crowd for the first time. Much earlier than that and you're robbing them of the memory of their first game.

Astute

Thinking more in terms of away games though. This was said to be on Saturday.

At home you can choose to sit anywhere pretty much. Away, you are all plonked together in one mass huddle and then it's hard to avoid the flare throwers, coin tossers, tossers in general, the coke heads, the bottle flingers and the aisle pee'ers.
And you get the undesirables as well.

Astute

If you have childcare issues. And it's a game you dont wanna miss and the weather is fine etc then fair enough bring the little one along.

First game I ever took my son to was Cov vs Crewe checkatrade semi. He was 6 then. He's been hooked since.

My biggest issue with bringing hound kids is subjecting them to swearing around you (usually from me). Or the chanting tim Fisher is a banker.
My little boy is 8 now. He has been going for a few years. His favourite is easily away games where there are no seats to get in the way. Swearing? He goes around telling the adults that they shouldn't swear. And I am one of the worse when I get going. But he has never told me off....yet.

He knows that he isn't allowed to copy swearing. But he can sing as much as he wants. And he adds his own words for chants like for the referee.

Londonccfcfan

My little boy is 8 now. He has been going for a few years. His favourite is easily away games where there are no seats to get in the way. Swearing? He goes around telling the adults that they shouldn't swear. And I am one of the worse when I get going. But he has never told me off....yet.

He knows that he isn't allowed to copy swearing. But he can sing as much as he wants. And he adds his own words for chants like for the referee.
My boy is almost 12, I still haven’t heard him swear yet he! Yet he comes home and still tells his mummy dad is so loud and swears a lot.

But he did sing “Akinfenwa your tits are offside” I let him off for that one as I just gave him a stare whilst I was singing it too.

Nick

Administrator
Think for the swearing side it's to be expected at games people are passionate about.

I wouldn't take mine down to the scoreboard as I know there will be more swearing than the family zone, although it does annoy me when people go OTT with swearing for the sake of it (rather than just spur of the moment tourrettes like most people)

Users who are viewing this thread