Babies at Cov games (2 Viewers)

ccfcricoh

As said above, away games would be a big no for me, you don't know what numpties you'll end up next to...

Home games I think are much more reasonable. Huge ground, never full, you'd almost have a block to yourself if you sat in right place, very low risk of anything bad happening, and unlikely to piss others off.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Londonccfcfan

Think for the swearing side it's to be expected at games people are passionate about.

I wouldn't take mine down to the scoreboard as I know there will be more swearing than the family zone, although it does annoy me when people go OTT with swearing for the sake of it (rather than just spur of the moment tourrettes like most people)

Yes unfortunately it’s part and parcel of it. But I have moved seats or areas at away games where there the foul mouthed abuse has been incessant from some.

There’s a line, would never use the C word etc as no one around you should ever have to hear gutter language. It’s embarressing quite frankly and offensive and extremely uncomfortable for those around you.

Nick

Administrator
Yes unfortunately it’s part and parcel of it. But I have moved seats or areas at away games where there the foul mouthed abuse has been incessant from some.

There’s a line, would never use the C word etc as no one around you should ever have to hear gutter language. It’s embarressing quite frankly and offensive and extremely uncomfortable for those around you.

Said it on another thread, when the Family Zone was in the Telegraph stand there was a guy teaching his 4-5 year old to shout the C Bomb.....

clint van damme

Babies on planes are really annoying too but a neccesaty if the parents want to go on holiday but going to a football match with all the morons that go why risk it

my son got stuck under the seat on a plane not long before we were coming into land. When we got him out he'd shit his nappy but they wouldn't let us change him because we were due to land and he needed to be strapped in. Had to apologise to those around me for the stench, happy days!

Malaka

There’s a line, would never use the C word etc as no one around you should ever have to hear gutter language.
You would never use the city word?

SkyblueBazza

Said it on another thread, when the Family Zone was in the Telegraph stand there was a guy teaching his 4-5 year old to shout the C Bomb.....
To some...it's just a word. One which, like the F word was 30-40yrs ago, is somewhat taboo.
Sadly, it is (like the F word 30-40yrs ago) working it's way into everyday vocabulary & conversation. 20yrs time it will not be so taboo.
For now though it is still offensive language to most - I hope you took appropriate action Nick!?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
To some...it's just a word. One which, like the F word was 30-40yrs ago, is somewhat taboo.
Sadly, it is (like the F word 30-40yrs ago) working it's way into everyday vocabulary & conversation. 20yrs time it will not be so taboo.
For now though it is still offensive language to most - I hope you took appropriate action Nick!?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I left him to it, I bet the kid has probably been taken off him by now anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind it and use it all the time but there's a line of respect when it comes to children and other people who may not like it. I will swear like a trooper with my mates but then it's common sense that when their kids walk in or their wife you don't carry on with the f's and c's.

skybluetony176

I say fair play to them. You have to start as you mean to go on. I made that mistake and can’t get mine to go for love nor money now. The youngest gave it a couple of goes a couple of seasons ago, even had a CCFC flag on her bed for a while but lost all interest now and the eldest has always point blank refused. Can’t help but feel if I’d started taking them almost straight away and persisted with that it would be a different story now.

Mcbean

There was a lady near us who used to take a Sheffield united soft toy cow and occasionally would wear a SU scarf and shirt

Nick

Administrator
One geezer takes a fucking teddy bear with him to each game, with rumours he buys it it's own ticket too!!

Does it have the stuffing falling out of the back end of it?

giphy.gif

Irish Sky Blue

Thinking more in terms of away games though. This was said to be on Saturday.

At home you can choose to sit anywhere pretty much. Away, you are all plonked together in one mass huddle and then it's hard to avoid the flare throwers, coin tossers, tossers in general, the coke heads, the bottle flingers and the aisle pee'ers.
Not to mention the seat demolishers.

Last edited:

The Great Eastern

When we list 6-1 at The Emirates a few years ago, I was bemused to see overhead signs in the concourse pointing to 'Baby changing area'. Certainly a sign I wasn't expecting. Very politically correct Arsenal...

Cov kid 55

There was a lady near us who used to take a Sheffield united soft toy cow and occasionally would wear a SU scarf and shirt
There was an item about her in the Sheff U programme when we played there a good number of years ago. She went to Uni in Sheffield and used to go and watch the Blades with this soft toy, which she called Sheff. I actually saw her with
‘Sheff’ at that game. She was in the Cov end supporting City, and she may be a little less disposed towards Sheff U after the events of last season! I know this is boring - but true!

Johhny Blue

Maybe they should do the same as Disneyworld. "You have to be taller than this line to support Coventry City"
(Sorry Weeman)

Liquid Gold

Well it always has it's own seat!!!!
If the club is making someone miss out so this guy can take a bear then its a fucking travesty. I saw loads of posts for people desperate for Cheltenham tickets and one going to a teddy bear isn't on at all.

wingy

My grandson was around 9months for his first game and is dyed in the wool.
Already done over two thirds of the 92 grounds.
Never had any issues, my daughter who no longer attends has felt the need to put the brakes on him a bit to be a more rounded individual.
So he now misses a few games where Family gatherings or friends Birthday parties or other events are prioritised.
The danger being he was becoming a totally consumed zealot at the risk of not developing the broader skills and aoplication required to fulfill self reliance in adulthood.
Added to this there were concerns he may have been on the edge of the autistic spectrum early on .
I find it sad he has to miss a few games now and that I can't take him to night games any more due to an extra 10-15 minutes getting him home due to a house move, his mum has been correct though, he was so obsessive as a nipper re setting out football figures, WWE characters, definitely on the edge.

fernandopartridge

My grandson was around 9months for his first game and is dyed in the wool.
Already done over two thirds of the 92 grounds.
Never had any issues, my daughter who no longer attends has felt the need to put the brakes on him a bit to be a more rounded individual.
So he now misses a few games where Family gatherings or friends Birthday parties or other events are prioritised.
The danger being he was becoming a totally consumed zealot at the risk of not developing the broader skills and aoplication required to fulfill self reliance in adulthood.
Added to this there were concerns he may have been on the edge of the autistic spectrum early on .
I find it sad he has to miss a few games now and that I can't take him to night games any more due to an extra 10-15 minutes getting him home due to a house move, his mum has been correct though, he was so obsessive as a nipper re setting out football figures, WWE characters, definitely on the edge.

You can't train somebody out of being on the autism spectrum, surely he'll just find something else to obsess about?

wingy

You can't train somebody out of being on the autism spectrum, surely he'll just find something else to obsess about?
He's subsequently been tested through school and clear .
The tantrums If somehow the order /systematic set up of players in those games was scarily obsessive,.
There were other reasons I won't go into detail about on here that have shaped her desire to curb it somewhat.
Her fear being he would take a childlike attitude over it into adulthood restricting his ability to be economically provident.
Sounds a bit daft I know and he may be like that anyway ,yet she has a valid reason and example to shape her view.

Greggs

If the club is making someone miss out so this guy can take a bear then its a fucking travesty. I saw loads of posts for people desperate for Cheltenham tickets and one going to a teddy bear isn't on at all.
hahahahaha the fact we are seriously discussing this has me in stitches hahaha

Users who are viewing this thread