Away Ticket Points Scheme Unveiled! (1 Viewer)

vow

Points are allocated to the supporter who a ticket was assigned to – if this was not done at the point of purchase, this will have been assigned to the ticket buyer and cannot be reassigned to other supporters retrospectively.

Points are allocated per game – buying multiple tickets for a game will not accrue additional points.

The points are allocated on the basis outlined below:

2019/20:

• Season Ticket holders – 270 points
  • Home Games – 10 points per game
  • Additional 10 points for each home evening game
  • Additional 10 points for each home cup game
  • Additional 20 points for each home EFL Trophy game

2020/21:

• Championship Club Membership – 250 points
  • CCM with Season Ticket – 300 points

2021/22:

• Season Ticket holders – 230 points
  • Home Games – 10 points
  • Away Games – 10 points
  • Additional 10 points for each away evening game
  • Additional 10 points for each away cup game

2022/23:

• Season Ticket holders – 230 points
  • Home Games – 10 points
  • Away Games – 10 points
  • Additional 10 points for each away evening game

Each season, the oldest season’s points will be removed to ensure that the points are reflective of current supporter behaviour and purchases.

Ashdown

I think that is all very fair. Won’t help me with away tickets etc but I can’t complain.
I wonder if they should also include official merchandise spend for fans who buy a lot of stuff at the club shop. Surely merits a few points ?

Liquid Gold

Ok, the points make sense but what are they anticipating as the priority period?

They should say that it is going to be 500 points for first priority, 400 second etc.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

I don't agree this is fair at all.
Why are more points given to 2019/20 than all other subsequent seasons?
Why no away points given for 2019/20 but have been in subsequent seasons?

Smacks of intentionally rewarding those who attended home games outside of Coventry.

It became impossible to get away tickets towards end of last season. This points system will reinforce that same situation.

skybluesam66

Ok, the points make sense but what are they anticipating as the priority period?

They should say that it is going to be 500 points for first priority, 400 second etc.
would imagine would be 1000+ particularly for high demand games - will depend on the opposition and the allocation

no_loyalty

Smacks of intentionally rewarding those who attended home games outside of Coventry.

It became impossible to get away tickets towards end of last season. This points system will reinforce that same situation.

I would guess it’s to reward the fans who purchased season tickets at St Andrews.

SlowerThanPlatt

Looking at it we’ve lost Fulham and Bournemouth small allocations and are novelty grounds, can’t see there being too much issue if you want a ticket apart from the local games

Liquid Gold

Yeah, fans that supported the team through tough times should be rewarded more.

Tommo1993

Weren’t gonna please everyone were they.

giphy.gif

mark82

Basically still season ticket holders get priority, just that others may get priority after that before general sale.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Certainly needed a points system......sign of fantastic support.

I'll probably only ever get to see us away on a rainy Tuesday in Preston and the like now....but can't complain....even though I basically just did.

Liquid Gold

I do worry though that it'll end up with the same 2k everywhere no matter what and loads of people would keep trying and failing and eventually lose interest in it.

I think a fairer system would be the points system still but instead of having an instant priority access you enter a draw for the games you want and you're more likely to win if you have more points. Would still likely get most games with points but gives a few outsiders a chance.

Liquid Gold

Guess it will go on a game by game.

So this game has 1000 tickets so 1st priority is for 500+ points

This game has 700 tickets so 1st priority is for those with 1000+ points.
Yeah I get that but it would have been useful to know.

They've just told us where points come from but not how many points we have or what they give us. Feels like half an announcement.

tskezz

Yeah I get that but it would have been useful to know.

They've just told us where points come from but not how many points we have or what they give us. Feels like half an announcement.
Yeah they never do themselves any favours. Even by announcing this and saying find out your points here but they're not actually showing yet. You're just inviting a barrage of tweets asking why they're not showing yet.

letsallsingtogether

Yeah same here. I'm sure Imive saw other clubs do that. 10 for home 20 away etc.
Some people only go to away games therefore giving the club no money why should they get more points.

Last edited:

tskezz

Some people only do away games therefore giving the clu
Some people only go to away games therefore giving the club no money why should they get more points.
I'm not saying it should just that I thought it would based on other teams I've saw do it.

I think the way there done it is more or less right, consistency between some season away tickets not counting seems off though.

ccfc922

2019/20 was Brum wasn't it? So no away ticket points for that? 🤔

Edit : I mean away ticket points for actual away games 🙄😁

Last edited:

Liquid Gold

I'm not saying it should just that I thought it would based on other teams I've saw do it.

I think the way there done it is more or less right, consistency between some season away tickets not counting seems off though.
Some teams you have to have a season ticket to even join the away membership club (which costs money) to apply for tickets.

Users who are viewing this thread