Away Ticket Points Scheme Unveiled! (1 Viewer)

Liquid Gold

We all know how that would end up. Wouldn't be long before someone was complaining they couldn't get a ticket because their points weren't allocated.

There can't be many people who are going to away games who don't have a supporter number can there? You need it to buy home tickets as well don't you, or is it not the same number you use when booking online?
I’ve had five drop out in the last two away games because they didn’t want to create an account. They were used to me getting tickets and giving the cash.

I get the club doesn’t make any money out of it but it’s better in fuller away ends.

You could even have a tier of general sale for people with supporter numbers then another one after that for people to buy additional.

tskezz

There can't be many people who are going to away games who don't have a supporter number can there?
I've got a few mates who are Liverpool or Utd etc but jump on for random away days out if there's tickets going and imagine the same would be true for lots of cov fans. Not a big issue for me as we have loads of numbers linked to use but I understand others frustration.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

I’ve had five drop out in the last two away games because they didn’t want to create an account. They were used to me getting tickets and giving the cash.

I get the club doesn’t make any money out of it but it’s better in fuller away ends.

You could even have a tier of general sale for people with supporter numbers then another one after that for people to buy additional.
I am not for a second suggesting that isn't true, but what is their logic for not wanting to create an account? I can't get my head around willing to spend £30 on a ticket, then travel/beers/food, the time at an away game etc, for not spending 5 minutes setting up an account. There are very few things you don't need an account for these days. It's clearly causing you (and others) issues, I just (naively) can't get my head around it.

Liquid Gold

I am not for a second suggesting that isn't true, but what is their logic for not wanting to create an account? I can't get my head around willing to spend £30 on a ticket, then travel/beers/food, the time at an away game etc, for not spending 5 minutes setting up an account. There are very few things you don't need an account for these days. It's clearly causing you (and others) issues, I just (naively) can't get my head around it.
Lazy fuckers most likely.

Another separate bug bear of mine is that you have to wait for postal tickets for away games. It's 2022 how the fuck have they not got a system that uses QR codes that you can buy on the day and get in.

Wiseoldfool

I think the club see it as a marketing tool and maybe security for any incidents that may happen although surely they know fans don't usually sit in the seat allocated.

Hutch11

I think the club see it as a marketing tool and maybe security for any incidents that may happen although surely they know fans don't usually sit in the seat allocated.
Cardiff had 2 separate areas , safe standing and seated but stewards told us to go where we liked

CV22SBA

Watford sold out. Is that the second sellout this season? Had a feeling it wouldn't sell out due to the train strike.

tskezz

Cardiff had 2 separate areas , safe standing and seated but stewards told us to go where we liked
I bought safe standing but the stewards on the stairs wouldn't let me in that area and made us go round to the seats, where they at first tried to tell us to sit but then just left it.

pusbccfc

Wonder why the allocation at Watford is so much lower these days, I remember going in the PL and we had 6k there, the entire end.

Allocations in this league are generally quite small these days. Most often it's because they can sell most to home fans. Luton, Norwich, Watford and even Birmingham with reduced allocation sell seats to their own fans.

Grounds like Stoke are the strange ones. 10k empty seats and only given 2600.

Users who are viewing this thread