Away Ticket Points Scheme Unveiled! (7 Viewers)

Londonccfcfan

It's still the 3500 season ticket holders hard core that went to brum.

Still will be same 3500 who have high priorty.

theferret

Some people only do away games therefore giving the clu
Some people only go to away games therefore giving the club no money why should they get more points.

Because the system only exists to manage away ticket priority, so it makes perfect sense that away games are weighted higher.

Seems a very fair system to me. Club have got it spot on.

pusbccfc

I'm unsure about it but I hope it encourages people the go to some home matches if there are 50/50. Although that will only kick in when people miss out on a big away cup game in future.

My fear is it will stop the big day out followings because it will be too late to buy tickets when they make general sale.

They have got it wrong in the past but for games like Preston, Blackburn and Hull where allocations are big and demand not as high, they need to open it up to general sale within a day or two.

theferret

I'm unsure about it but I hope it encourages people the go to some home matches if there are 50/50. Although that will only kick in when people miss out on a big away cup game in future.

My fear is it will stop the big day out followings because it will be too late to buy tickets when they make general sale.

They have got it wrong in the past but for games like Preston, Blackburn and Hull where allocations are big and demand not as high, they need to open it up to general sale within a day or two.

Agree. Millwall and Hull won't sell out, so no need to apply the system too strictly for these games. No point releasing to general sale 3 days before a game if there are loads of tickets left.

robbiethemole

So I had a s/t in the covid season even no games and got the shirt, had a Ricoh Return s/t and got the shirt, now have this years s/t and got the shirt, so how many points do I have? about 70???

Ashdown

Such is the level that our home support is growing I’m concerned that I’ll get two tickets together in blocks 14-17 .
Did 10 home matches last season but not that bad considering living in Spain 50% of the year now.
It’s all positive though !

Kingokings204

I’m happy to try it but I don’t it. Seems complicated and a faff. Never saw much wrong with first come first serve. Only affected literally a couple of games last year. Nothing was ever perfect for everyone

CV22SBA

Agree. Millwall and Hull won't sell out, so no need to apply the system too strictly for these games. No point releasing to general sale 3 days before a game if there are loads of tickets left.
Both will sellout but many won’t travel they will just want the points or try and sell the ticket on FB.

rob9872

Not too fussed although I had a number of away games through group bookings that weren't allocated to me, but still well over a 1000 points so should be comfortably in the first allocation pot. Be nice when they do announce how many you need for a particular game, eg 1000+, to know how many in each category you're up against.

theferret

I’m happy to try it but I don’t it. Seems complicated and a faff. Never saw much wrong with first come first serve. Only affected literally a couple of games last year. Nothing was ever perfect for everyone

The last 4 away games - Fulham, Blues, Albion and Stoke all sold out in no time, literally minutes, and it did become a bit of a scrum. I always thought it was a bit tinpot that we didn't have an away loyalty scheme when so many other clubs do and this doesn't seem at all complicated.

theferret

Both will sellout but many won’t travel they will just want the points or try and sell the ticket on FB.

You think people are going to spend £30 on a ticket they don't want and may not be able to sell on simply to add 2% to their loyalty points tally? Just can't see it.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Because they’re supporting the team?
But really what the club needs is revenue, so commercially it'd be better for the club financially to base it on pounds spent on the club, inc. merch.

I'm ok with having a priority list but it could well end up with just having the same people going all the time, and by doing so others can't increase their points to be able to go. And some of those that attend away can be dickheads.

Evo1883

We averaged 1900 away last season ... it was pretty much the same people going all the time anyway on average

Same faces every trip barring the odd one or 2

SheafIsGod

Think it’s fair in the most part, although I think anyone who had a ST in League Two (i.e yours truly) should have an additional 500 points. Rewards the few who committed to the club at its lowest point.

rob9872

Think it’s fair in the most part, although I think anyone who had a ST in League Two (i.e yours truly) should have an additional 500 points. Rewards the few who committed to the club at its lowest point.
I'd agree, although L2 was great fun, it was the season before that we all deserve a medal for in hindsight.

skyblue025

They could of done it like the England allocation where 70% of the tickets go too the highest point scorers and 30% go into a ballot for the lower point scorers. It means you at least have some chance of getting some away games if you're not a phase 1 super fan.

PurpleBin

The last 4 away games - Fulham, Blues, Albion and Stoke all sold out in no time, literally minutes, and it did become a bit of a scrum. I always thought it was a bit tinpot that we didn't have an away loyalty scheme when so many other clubs do and this doesn't seem at all complicated.

Up until the last few years, our away support was crap so no real need until now.

tskezz

I don't like the points system. It just means those that can't afford to go home and away week in week out, and those that have commitments but try to get to a few away games a season won't get tickets. It will be the same 2k or so every week, like a private exclusive club.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
See this is problem, people crying eXcLuSiVe ClUb, when it's nothing of the sort.

There are plenty of away games that don't sell out. So you could have 0 home or away games to your name yet still go to probably 60%+ of away games.

What it does mean is that when Blackpool just so happens to be that one game everyone can now afford and has no commitments for it will give regulars a shot at tickets first.

Seems fair to me.

mark82

See this is problem, people crying eXcLuSiVe ClUb, when it's nothing of the sort.

There are plenty of away games that don't sell out. So you could have 0 home or away games to your name yet still go to probably 60%+ of away games.

What it does mean is that when Blackpool just so happens to be that one game everyone can now afford and has no commitments for it will give regulars a shot at tickets first.

Seems fair to me.

I have no issue with that, as long as it's not regulars plus 3 of their mates that never go.

tskezz

I have no issue with that, as long as it's not regulars plus 3 of their mates that never go.
Yeah I think you can't argue with that.

I've always though 2 per person is fairest. Places like QPR where they have split areas it's shit to have the chance you may be on your own because your pal is a lower cat.

That said I still understand if they go 1 per person. but I hope if they do then they need to make the windows smaller I think. Few games last season the general felt to late to me and put people off.

AndreasB

For what it’s worth, I think it’s a bit unfair. I’m a season ticket holder for the last 4 years so get maximum points ..which assume will get me first choice of any away game.
I hardly go to away matches though and the ones I do tend to be the more obscure midweek games that don’t sell out anyway.
Just feels like it’s still isn’t really rewarding regular away attendance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CV22SBA

You think people are going to spend £30 on a ticket they don't want and may not be able to sell on simply to add 2% to their loyalty points tally? Just can't see it.
Yeah. Happens at other clubs
I don't like the points system. It just means those that can't afford to go home and away week in week out, and those that have commitments but try to get to a few away games a season won't get tickets. It will be the same 2k or so every week, like a private exclusive club.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Everyone has their own opinion on it that will suit the individual. For example i think its a great scheme as i went to every home and away game but missed out on Bournemouth away because some people fancied a day at the seaside that for example would not have travelled to Preston on a Wednesday night.

mark82

Yeah I think you can't argue with that.

I've always though 2 per person is fairest. Places like QPR where they have split areas it's shit to have the chance you may be on your own because your pal is a lower cat.

That said I still understand if they go 1 per person. but I hope if they do then they need to make the windows smaller I think. Few games last season the general felt to late to me and put people off.

Buying for 2 is fine if they're in the same points category. If someone is in a lower category and you want to sit together I guess you have to take the risk of waiting.

clint van damme

I agree but I still think Millwall will sell out, first 3pm Saturday away day of the season and not a massive allocation. Was only going to do away days I'd never previously done this season but think I might go to it, love a summer day out in London.

Colin Steins Smile

Any system which tries to allocate a limited resource is always going to upset somebody. I've just looked at the criteria and as I've had a season ticket for the past 4 years, it seems I get a good chance of away tickets. However, I only go to home matches...so that's one ticket that will be open for someone else.

rob9872

They'll never please everyone and on the whole this appears pretty fair.

Tbh bar Exeter I've never struggled to get away tickets despite much of the hype on here and other places.

I also think now we've been to some of those grounds we hadn't been to for years and with the loss of small allocations up and some bigger allocations in the league that it will be less of an issue this coming season.

Users who are viewing this thread