Attendances Next Season (2 Viewers)

hill83

I look at it from many a Saturday, possibly down a local pub. 1pm. “Shall we go?” £20 possibly. £30 is just no. And for me personally it’s easily affordable. It’s a huge no for so many.

Another one to save people the time. “Any excuse/more excuses” I know.

shmmeee

It depends how you want to look at it either from a marketing POV or a socially justifiable practice.
I'm a strong believer that a product costs what it costs,you gather all the calcuables, come out with a unit rate per sale/purchase and you have the price.
Seems quite a heavy disparity between the two to me .
I'd buy a st

You’re not selling widgets tho. You’re paying the players and the rent anyway. The job is to maximise income from the stadium as a whole. A unit price doesn’t make sense. The cost per person for one man to watech a CCFC game is 30,000 times that of a full stadium watching.

wingy

You’re not selling widgets tho. You’re paying the players and the rent anyway. The job is to maximise income from the stadium as a whole. A unit price doesn’t make sense. The cost per person for one man to watech a CCFC game is 30,000 times that of a full stadium watching.
Oh I get it, just not a fan of bogoffs, book first early etc , just leaves someone single or last to book up etc subsidising the early or people who can utilise more product before it perishes.

WestEndAgro

They want people to buy STs which work out cheaper
Correct, and the uptake has been reasonably good, but it's not a option for many, they are gambling with the walk up, and as I suggested they have allianated many, it's simply too expensive.

If they want to increase season ticket sales, then they need to bring the early bird prices back, without the shirt, voucher etc, try and get another 1-2,000 over the line.
£299 is ridiculously good value.

#justmyopinion

🇧🇼👊🇧🇼 PUSB

COV

Correct, and the uptake has been reasonably good, but it's not a option for many, they are gambling with the walk up, and as I suggested they have allianated many, it's simply too expensive.

If they want to increase season ticket sales, then they need to bring the early bird prices back, without the shirt, voucher etc, try and get another 1-2,000 over the line.
£299 is ridiculously good value.

#justmyopinion

🇧🇼👊🇧🇼 PUSB

Your opinion is as valid as anyone else’s, I’m not judging anyone, everyone has different circumstances

rob9872

People will find a reason not to go if they want to. I've just read through and it seems the argument is £30 to Derby. That's shit, but doesn't mention £20 v Barnsley. You have a choice, no right or wrong. I know some saying they can't afford it but will chuck that on a bet, I a fruity or down the pub on ale. Nothing wrong with that either if that's how they prefer to spend it, but I think if you really want to go to a game you'll make it. If you want to go to all the games then ST is the only sensible way. In between there are choices to be made.

As for the rest of thread on history and attendances, I'm not fussed. Love a beer and singing at away games, home I quite like just to watch and doesn't bother me that we've always had shite artendances and almost wear it as a badge of honour.

shmmeee

People will find a reason not to go if they want to. I've just read through and it seems the argument is £30 to Derby. That's shit, but doesn't mention £20 v Barnsley. You have a choice, no right or wrong. I know some saying they can't afford it but will chuck that on a bet, I a fruity or down the pub on ale. Nothing wrong with that either if that's how they prefer to spend it, but I think if you really want to go to a game you'll make it. If you want to go to all the games then ST is the only sensible way. In between there are choices to be made.

As for the rest of thread on history and attendances, I'm not fussed. Love a beer and singing at away games, home I quite like just to watch and doesn't bother me that we've always had shite artendances and almost wear it as a badge of honour.

“if you really want to go you’ll make it”

that’s the exact problem. Most people don’t “really want to go”

people need to stop seeing ticket pricing as some kind of loyalty test that people have worse morals if they fail it.

Barnsley

people need to stop seeing ticket pricing as some kind of loyalty test that people have worse morals if they fail it.

Wensdeh Wänker at work says he’s been abroad all inclusive with his wife and two kids for 10 days for what it cost for 2 adult and two kids (12&14 year olds), season tickets.
And for what it cost for one match he can, buy a bottle of wine, case of lager, a takeaway, and an Xbox Game.

That’s the problem you can get better things for your wedge. It’s hard to justify to his wife going to football when they can have a family holiday or a good night in for same money.

Brighton Sky Blue

Does nothing to get more students in either who are making up an even bigger chunk of the population. I’d go and watch local games but not at £30-40 a pop.

NortonSkyBlue

How do you solve the ticket pricing issue and get fans to games and still provide the club with revenue that it patently needs?
The issue here seems to be match day pricing and unless I am mistaken the C category games are £20, which I believe is about the cheapest in the league, and is probably the tipping point for many and not just on here, therefore it will be interesting to see at what level the club pitches the match packages at.
Let’s be honest unless we are in the premier league we aren’t going to fill the ground yet there may be fans, who if the match day pricing for all games was set at the £20 mark, would be tempted to rock up for the odd game and certainly for big fixtures like WBA or Blues.
Its not easy and as Schmmeee rightly says it is not a loyalty test, it’s a choice of deciding how to part with their money and at what point it becomes attractive to the consumer and entices them to go on the day.
If it were my business and I was looking at bums on seats I would be offering 2for1 tickets for certain areas of the stadium and/or having a couple of blocks priced differently but if I was looking for revenue I would be doing the same as the club‘s business model.

Grendel

How do you solve the ticket pricing issue and get fans to games and still provide the club with revenue that it patently needs?
The issue here seems to be match day pricing and unless I am mistaken the C category games are £20, which I believe is about the cheapest in the league, and is probably the tipping point for many and not just on here, therefore it will be interesting to see at what level the club pitches the match packages at.
Let’s be honest unless we are in the premier league we aren’t going to fill the ground yet there may be fans, who if the match day pricing for all games was set at the £20 mark, would be tempted to rock up for the odd game and certainly for big fixtures like WBA or Blues.
Its not easy and as Schmmeee rightly says it is not a loyalty test, it’s a choice of deciding how to part with their money and at what point it becomes attractive to the consumer and entices them to go on the day.
If it were my business and I was looking at bums on seats I would be offering 2for1 tickets for certain areas of the stadium and/or having a couple of blocks priced differently but if I was looking for revenue I would be doing the same as the club‘s business model.

You wouldn’t be able to offer 2 for 1 across the season

fatso

The issue is that Footballers are getting paid to much money. If we are paying our highest paid player £10k a week when we've only sold 10k season tickets, and may only average 15-18k attendances there's something very wrong.
The business model for many clubs just doesnt work.
You would never run a business if your wages and associated costs outrun your income. And yet football does exactly that!

Just to illustrate my point, for every season ticket we have sold, £52 of the cost is to pay for O'hares wages alone!!!

Last edited:

NortonSkyBlue

The issue is that Footballers are getting paid to much money. If we are paying our highest paid player £10k a week when we've only sold 10k season tickets, and may only average 15-18k attendances there's something very wrong.
The business model for many clubs just doesnt work.
You would never run a business if your wages and associated costs outrun your income. And yet football does exactly that!

Just to illustrate my point, for every season ticket we have sold, £52 of the cost is to pay for O'hares wages alone!!!
Just look on here, there in a demand for new players, a CB, DCM, LWB, maybe another keeper, if we had just one more in attack....We need to push on, we need to progress, what if we got to the premier league?
Any club that stands still will be overtaken by those that did go for it. It’s incessant.
I believe Swansea on loan defender Guehi just joined Palace for £18 million, who also bought the Reading player for £8 million. Get up, follow the Norwich business model and get rich.
what you haven’t factored in is the TV money, the championship bounty and the miscellaneous money from merchandise and sponsorship. Perhaps that makes the money paid to players less painful? If we fail then O’Hare, Hamer and others become tradable to offset the shortfall., if we do well then they become the target of predators.

JAM See

I look at it from many a Saturday, possibly down a local pub. 1pm. “Shall we go?” £20 possibly. £30 is just no. And for me personally it’s easily affordable. It’s a huge no for so many.

Another one to save people the time. “Any excuse/more excuses” I know.
I think it's not just "Shall we go?" I think it's also "How do we get there?"
HR was what I'd call a "one bus ground" Wherever you live in the city, it was a bus into town, swift one in the Forresters/Vaux/Brewer and Baker (delete as appropriate) and into the game.

Now, if you're Tile Hill or Wyken or wherever it's a right faff to get to the match.

Last edited:

NortonSkyBlue

I thinks it's not just "Shall we go?" I thinks it's also "How do we get there?"
HR was what I'd call a "one bus ground" Wherever you live in the city, it was a bus into town, swift one in the Forresters/Vaux/Brewer and Baker (delete as appropriate) and into the game.

Now, if you're Tile Hill or Wyken or wherever it's a right faff to get to the match.
if that is the reason that fans don’t go then the club is doomed no matter what, thank god for those that travel long distances from around the country. Its three miles to the ground from the city centre which makes it 6 from anywhere in Coventry, 1or2 from Bedworth and 6 from anywhere in Nuneaton.
if we drew one of the big teams in the cup would the distance be a factor in supporting your team?

fatso

if that is the reason that fans don’t go then the club is doomed no matter what, thank god for those that travel long distances from around the country. Its three miles to the ground from the city centre which makes it 6 from anywhere in Coventry, 1or2 from Bedworth and 6 from anywhere in Nuneaton.
if we drew one of the big teams in the cup would the distance be a factor in supporting your team?
Again, there's a massive difference between drawing one of the big boys in the cup, and watching Preston on a cold winters night.

I went to Bournemouth for a day out the other week, but I wouldn't dream of doing it every other week!

NortonSkyBlue

Again, there's a massive difference between drawing one of the big boys in the cup, and watching Preston on a cold winters night.

I went to Bournemouth for a day out the other week, but I wouldn't dream of doing it every other week!
Sorry don’t agree, I am a Coventry City fan, I support my team whether it is Manchester United or Forest Green Rovers and the travel for each game is the same.

JAM See

My point was about spontaneity. Boozing at 1.00PM and heading for the match at the last minute is a lot more difficult now.

Full disclosure, I'm a ST holder living in Kereseley now, so it's not a problem for me. But back in the day, getting the bus from Mount Nod (The Vale), knowing you didn't have to plan another route back out of the city certainly helped in the decision making process.

rob9872

Sorry don’t agree, I am a Coventry City fan, I support my team whether it is Manchester United or Forest Green Rovers and the travel for each game is the same.
I do too, but surely you can see his reasoning? We have plenty of fans as all teams do that aren't diehards and if a choice is to be made it wont always be football, particularly if it's not perceived value for money.

rob9872

In fact most on here would probably go if they charged £100, but that doesn't make us right. The post and the prices are about how we attract more and in fairness you could argue those are the ones who have it right based on a number of factors and not just numpties like us who blindly follow whatever tripe we're served on and off the pitch.

There is no category of fan we all support and if someone chooses to get lashed , smoke, couple of lines of coke, the 3.30 at Sandown or whatever else they choose, that's their choice. What we need to do is get the product on the pitch right and give them a meaningful choice that they could have a single line of Charlie and still make midweek versus Preston.

NortonSkyBlue

My point was about spontaneity. Boozing at 1.00PM and heading for the match at the last minute is a lot more difficult now.

Full disclosure, I'm a ST holder living in Kereseley now, so it's not a problem for me. But back in the day, getting the bus from Mount Nod (The Vale), knowing you didn't have to plan another route back out of the city certainly helped in the decision making process.
I am a season ticket holder too. Perhaps I am missing the point. I just think that if a short journey puts people off then they didn’t really want to go.

NortonSkyBlue

In fact most on here would probably go if they charged £100, but that doesn't make us right. The post and the prices are about how we attract more and in fairness you could argue those are the ones who have it right based on a number of factors and not just numpties like us who blindly follow whatever tripe we're served on and off the pitch.

There is no category of fan we all support and if someone chooses to get lashed , smoke, couple of lines of coke, the 3.30 at Sandown or whatever else they choose, that's their choice. What we need to do is get the product on the pitch right and give them a meaningful choice that they could have a single line of Charlie and still make midweek versus Preston.
Too many mentions of illegal substances in your post, not enough about the need for new players or how the stadium is located in the back of beyond. Who is this Charlie? Is he any good?

rob9872

Too many mentions of illegal substances in your post, not enough about the need for new players or how the stadium is located in the back of beyond. Who is this Charlie? Is he any good?
The king of Highbury, I think he's a bit past it now.

* Edit: In fact we had him right at the end of his career but don't think he ever played. Sure someone can add some genuine facts to this post. Ta.

Robccfc87

Guys, a little help please, me and a pal are travelling to the game so I’m going to order tickets today, we enjoy a bit of singsong amongst the “rabble”! Can anyone point me towards the predicted best block for this season??
Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread