Attendances Next Season (1 Viewer)

fatso

Sorry don’t agree, I am a Coventry City fan, I support my team whether it is Manchester United or Forest Green Rovers and the travel for each game is the same.
It might be for you, but clearly the 95%+ of other coventrians dont agree, nor the 50k who wanted wembley tickets!

The point is we arnt talking to the die hard fan, we are talking about the walk ups and the band wagon passengers.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

The issue is that Footballers are getting paid to much money. If we are paying our highest paid player £10k a week when we've only sold 10k season tickets, and may only average 15-18k attendances there's something very wrong.
The business model for many clubs just doesnt work.
You would never run a business if your wages and associated costs outrun your income. And yet football does exactly that!

Just to illustrate my point, for every season ticket we have sold, £52 of the cost is to pay for O'hares wages alone!!!

The top footballers definitely are, and I've said for many years the model is totally unsustainable. I don't necessarily mind the players earning a lot, because unlike most industries it's those that make the product that do well whereas most industries those people are exploited so those behind the desk can have more. But it does seem like it's gone too far and they've got too greedy. You can say market forces but would market forces have you pay out more than you will recieve? If you had a product you could get £x for but the person making it wanted £x +10, you just wouldn't make the product unless their demands dropped.

I wonder if the industry just turned round and steadfastly refused to meet these demands how many players would turn around and say they weren't going to play any more and do something else? Would you have fewer kids wanting to be footballers? Even if the top players were only earning £10-20k pw they'd still be having an amazing life and earning well above average doing something many of them love and have dreamed about doing for years. Many of them would play the game for fun if they weren't pro's.

If there were players who said "I'm not playing unless I'm being paid £100k a week" call their bluff and say "Go on then. Do something else. Good luck trying to earn that much in a normal job."

tommy hutch legend

away fans don't usually worry to much about ticket pricing imo as they treat it as a one off day out I think the club will earn a lot of revenue from away fans this season maybe that is there thinking even if it as a impact on home fans attending imo

pusbccfc

Guys, a little help please, me and a pal are travelling to the game so I’m going to order tickets today, we enjoy a bit of singsong amongst the “rabble”! Can anyone point me towards the predicted best block for this season??
Thanks in advance.

Block 15 is where to go.

theferret

If you needed any confirmation that people won't pay £30 for a televised fixture on a Sunday, consider that for our long awaited 'homecoming' fixture, barely a ticket has been sold on the 1st day of sale.

We can say the prices are average for the division, that we'd all do whatever it takes to watch City etc., but the casuals just don't think like that. They just won't pay it.

Maybe it'll pick up, but there doesn't seem to be any real appetite for tickets. Hope I'm wrong.

SlowerThanPlatt

If you needed any confirmation that people won't pay £30 for a televised fixture on a Sunday, consider that for our long awaited 'homecoming' fixture, barely a ticket has been sold on the 1st day of sale.

We can say the prices are average for the division, that we'd all do whatever it takes to watch City etc., but the casuals just don't think like that. They just won't pay it.

Maybe it'll pick up, but there doesn't seem to be any real appetite for tickets. Hope I'm wrong.

Sunday and 4:30 hasn’t helped, just not a football time is it. 18k I think and that’s with a sizeable Forest following

pusbccfc

Weeks away. Wait until people hear when Forest have sold 4000 and the hype starts to build.

Sky Blue Pete

Correct, and the uptake has been reasonably good, but it's not a option for many, they are gambling with the walk up, and as I suggested they have allianated many, it's simply too expensive.

If they want to increase season ticket sales, then they need to bring the early bird prices back, without the shirt, voucher etc, try and get another 1-2,000 over the line.
£299 is ridiculously good value.

#justmyopinion

🇧🇼👊🇧🇼 PUSB
So is the higher price.

stupot07

Why in this city as opposed to other cities?
Also £30 is for cat a games - Bournemouth, the teams that have been relegated. Most of the games in the league will be cat b and c. (£25/20). Match day tickets a couple of years ago in league two were £22-25 per game depending on whether you bought in advance or on the turnstile.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Pete

How do you solve the ticket pricing issue and get fans to games and still provide the club with revenue that it patently needs?
The issue here seems to be match day pricing and unless I am mistaken the C category games are £20, which I believe is about the cheapest in the league, and is probably the tipping point for many and not just on here, therefore it will be interesting to see at what level the club pitches the match packages at.
Let’s be honest unless we are in the premier league we aren’t going to fill the ground yet there may be fans, who if the match day pricing for all games was set at the £20 mark, would be tempted to rock up for the odd game and certainly for big fixtures like WBA or Blues.
Its not easy and as Schmmeee rightly says it is not a loyalty test, it’s a choice of deciding how to part with their money and at what point it becomes attractive to the consumer and entices them to go on the day.
If it were my business and I was looking at bums on seats I would be offering 2for1 tickets for certain areas of the stadium and/or having a couple of blocks priced differently but if I was looking for revenue I would be doing the same as the club‘s business model.
We will have the stats and the prices are probably based on this. It would be so interesting to look back and see what the sales are for each category of game.

I am certain that the biggest difference to number of extra sales and walk up will be weeknight matches rather than cost

Also pretty sure that the numbers of walk up won’t be very different

Also pretty sure that we will make more money from the higher priced games

Also pretty sure that shmmeee is right that we need to attract people who don’t want to come and £30 doesn’t help

slowpoke

Don’t think the Forest match is a good yard stick to what our support and attendances could be first it is on tv but also it is early August lots of fans will be away on holidays or just back and a bit skint on a Sunday too can interfere with family plans. Not brilliant but I reckon 12/13k home fans wouldn’t be too bad.

Esoterica

I'm also in the 'need to do more with the pricing' camp. I think they should be doing loads more with the ticket options and prices to get people in the door who might not ordinarily go, with a view to getting them going more regularly, and 30 quid walk up is not going to do that.

Conversely though, I think the early bird ticket price was actually too low at 299 when there were additional bonuses. Could have been closer to 350 with the added incentives and 50 quid more per early bird season ticket x 10,000 is another half million into the club. I think the vast majority would have still paid that and you can then use that to subsidise the walk up prices by a few quid to try and get more people coming in to get them hooked.

I'd like to see an 'on the day' family ticket, say 50 quid, that gets you x2 adults and a flexible number of U16 kids, say up to 4. You need to capture the kids, get them nagging their Dad to go again, convert them to JSBs and eventually full season tickets.

Cov/Warwick Uni Student tickets at 10 quid and stick a couple of free/cheap buses on from the 2 campuses.

Half season tickets for people like Hill83 but that can be used over a whole season, essentially an extended match package, so that people who work weekends or nights are still getting the same value for money as full season ticket holders.

That kind of stuff, coupled with a better matchday experience and making it easy to get to the ground. Free buses to the ground or half price parking if you're there 2 hours before kick off. Free bus from the Sky Blue Tavern if you've spent 15 quid there etc.

It's still too easy to not go to our games, for several reasons, if you're not yet a hooked City fan.

theferret

Don’t think the Forest match is a good yard stick to what our support and attendances could be first it is on tv but also it is early August lots of fans will be away on holidays or just back and a bit skint on a Sunday too can interfere with family plans. Not brilliant but I reckon 12/13k home fans wouldn’t be too bad.

Although I think the price/TV/Sunday factors will hurt the attendance, it'll be far more than that.

We'll have to be doing very badly to get less than 14K home fans at any game this season. ST holders, corporate, the usual complimentaries they give out, plus match package holders and any tickets sold for the game, plus away fans, should mean it is unlikely we'll get below 16K total for any game this season.

Old Warwickshire lad

Doesn’t matter what price the tickets are, some will just moan and say it’s to expensive whatever we charge.
Its the same excuse we hear every season.

Evo1883

Anybody with access able to see if tickets are selling well ?

Just can't see it at 30 quid

Grendel

I'm also in the 'need to do more with the pricing' camp. I think they should be doing loads more with the ticket options and prices to get people in the door who might not ordinarily go, with a view to getting them going more regularly, and 30 quid walk up is not going to do that.

Conversely though, I think the early bird ticket price was actually too low at 299 when there were additional bonuses. Could have been closer to 350 with the added incentives and 50 quid more per early bird season ticket x 10,000 is another half million into the club. I think the vast majority would have still paid that and you can then use that to subsidise the walk up prices by a few quid to try and get more people coming in to get them hooked.

I'd like to see an 'on the day' family ticket, say 50 quid, that gets you x2 adults and a flexible number of U16 kids, say up to 4. You need to capture the kids, get them nagging their Dad to go again, convert them to JSBs and eventually full season tickets.

Cov/Warwick Uni Student tickets at 10 quid and stick a couple of free/cheap buses on from the 2 campuses.

Half season tickets for people like Hill83 but that can be used over a whole season, essentially an extended match package, so that people who work weekends or nights are still getting the same value for money as full season ticket holders.

That kind of stuff, coupled with a better matchday experience and making it easy to get to the ground. Free buses to the ground or half price parking if you're there 2 hours before kick off. Free bus from the Sky Blue Tavern if you've spent 15 quid there etc.

It's still too easy to not go to our games, for several reasons, if you're not yet a hooked City fan.

I agree the original price was too low.

They will I’m sure do a ten match package

People are getting far too hung up on the few games at £30 and not the games at £20 which is cheaper than league 2

Students are a red herring and very difficult to actually police and avoid substitution. A game or two perhaps but long term you risk costing revenue

Evo1883

People are getting far too hung up on the few games at £30 and not the games at £20 which is cheaper than league 2

Students are a red herring and very difficult to actually police and avoid substitution. A game or two perhaps but long term you risk costing revenue

7 matches of 23 are 20 quid

16 are 25 plus

Grendel

7 matches of 23 are 20 quid

16 are 25 plus

Only 6 (?) are £30 - it was £25 in league two wasn’t it? If you are an occasional walk up nearly a third of games are cheap

shmmeee

You could easily just sell through the two unis for ID without much leakage. Students tend to not have social networks of locals. Just don’t allow NUS cards as ID cos they’re ridiculously easy to get hold of.

People have been getting in on kids tickets (and boasting about it on here) for years. The problem is clearly at the turnstile.

Grendel

You could easily just sell through the two unis for ID without much leakage. Students tend to not have social networks of locals. Just don’t allow NUS cards as ID cos they’re ridiculously easy to get hold of.

People have been getting in on kids tickets (and boasting about it on here) for years. The problem is clearly at the turnstile.

But why would you? How many go anyway so you lose revenue that way? Would any going cheap ever pay a full price?

I thought you were interested in building consumer loyalty over a lengthy period. How is offering cheap deals to a transitional population and the expense of your existing loyal customers achieving that?

shmmeee

But why would you? How many go anyway so you lose revenue that way? Would any going cheap ever pay a full price?

I thought you were interested in building consumer loyalty over a lengthy period. How is offering cheap deals to a transitional population and the expense of your existing loyal customers achieving that?

Im about selling as many tickets as possible. Some will become long term fans, some will be filler for atmosphere.

You only lose revenue if they were going to go at a higher price.

Every empty seat is lost revenue.

What “devalues the brand” more than anything is an empty stadium.

Grendel

Im about selling as many tickets as possible. Some will become long term fans, some will be filler for atmosphere.

You only lose revenue if they were going to go at a higher price.

Every empty seat is lost revenue.

What “devalues the brand” more than anything is an empty stadium.

Clueless

fernandopartridge

Agreed, think given the Sunday and Sky the club could have just elected to discount the tickets for this game only. It'll look embarrassing on TV.

Grendel

Come on. You’re a marketing exec. Give us your wisdom.

I have on another thread - you can fill the ground if that’s the aim - make a season ticket £100 and £50 for children and then walk ups £75 per game - that would do the trick

slowpoke

£30 is steep though. not so much those who get their tickets in advance but could affect walk-up I think a lot going to depend how we are doing and who we are playing.

Cranfield Sky Blue

Many years ago when operation premiership was on…. I attended a presentation by the md Paul something or other. He said that EFL rules stated a club could only offer a limited number of special prices per season. I think it was only 3 or 4… someone with a better memory than me will know! So there are limiting factors in this.

Grendel

Many years ago when operation premiership was on…. I attended a presentation by the md Paul something or other. He said that EFL rules stated a club could only offer a limited number of special prices per season. I think it was only 3 or 4… someone with a better memory than me will know! So there are limiting factors in this.

It’s 4 I think where you can offer special rates which differ from the published offers

Users who are viewing this thread